Lamp life with Dila rear projectors

bobby10g
Unregistered guest
I currently have a 3yr old Sony VPW-11HT front projector. The lamp life is really bad and the lamps are really expensive ($450 on a good day).

A sales guy in a retail store told me that lamp life on the 61" rear projection JVC (w/digital light amplification) is over 10,000 hours (I've been getting 700-800 out of the sony). I guess I'm skeptical.

Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone know how much the JVC bulbs are -- the sales guy said about $299.

Thanks -- looking for a good picture, reasonable cost-of-ownership. I feel majorly BURNED by sony. I've spent $2000 over 3 years on bulbs!

Bronze Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 45
Prices vary, but here is a reputable site that is selling them for 269 bucks. I don't know if you will get 10K hrs. Sounds like you were getting a sales pitch. A more realistic number would be 5 - 8K hrs. which is still pretty good. 10K hrs. might be possible in a class 10 cleanroom with a constant 68 deg and 50% humidity.

Of course bulb life is dependent on a number of factors such as the number of heat cycles, the cleanliness of the power going into the set, the ambient room temperature, proper ventilation, dusty environments and so on. Just buy a good UPS with automatic voltage regulation, and make sure your TV is dust free and has plenty of ventilation, and you should get a lot of life from the bulb. Here's the link...

http://www.ercservice.com/lamps/jvclamps/TS-CL110UAA.html

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 806
bobby10g-

JVC states their bulb will last around 6,000 hours. In my set, the first bulb blew after 3 months, the new bulb has been going strong for the past 8 months/1000 hours.

Bronze Member
Username: Dapercy

Post Number: 19
Mr. Lynch - I've read that JVC warrantees their lamps for 1 full year. If it blows in that time frame do they extend the warrantee on the new bulb for any amount of time or does the 1 year clock burn out at 1 year from the purchase date.

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
DAP,

I believe (99.9% certain) that the clock runs out one year from purchase.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us