Samsung HLR5067w TV question

Username: Kaotik78

Post Number: 10
Hi guys,
I've been seeing posts over at the avs forum about the new hlr5067's having a sort of screen sagging issue? This is due to the factory samsung stand that goes with the tv. My question. I already have a hlp5063w which is going back cause of screen smudges, and I have a nice tempered glass stand that I bought for the set already. If I put the new set on it should I not see this sagging problem? Also I have read posts that DNie can't be turned off on the 67 series and that the PIP functions are different from the 63 series? Sorry for all the questions at once but between work and not being able to find someone helpful at the store where I originally bought my DLP it's been rough. That and my wife just wanting me to stop looking for things that are wrong with my 63.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 171
I haven't seen the screen sag issue. No owners on this forum have sounded off anyway.

Since the screen is "floating" or suspended it doesn't matter what surface it's placed on. Someone stating that a screen sag issue is a result of "the factory stand that goes with the tv" is not describing the set correctly. The set is a single structure with the speakers seperated from the screen. There is no stand that goes with it.

I'm curious as to what size screen the complaints are about. It could be isolated to the 61 or the 67 inch models.

It's true that DNIE is "Active" on the R models, which is ok by me. When you run the "Demo" you will see why I say it's ok by me. I always had it activated on my P5063.

The PIP functions are the same. Control is different. While you can activate PIP with the remote, there is no swap button on the remote, but all the features of sizing and swap are in the menu.

Bronze Member
Username: Kaotik78

Post Number: 11
Here is the post I was talking about.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=5958542&highlight=hlpr5067+bowin g+stand#post5958542

I should have specified it's not a screen sag, but sounds like a chassis issue at the bottom due to the stand not supporting the tv weight properly.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 177
Oh...they are selling stands that don't support the sets properly. How stupid is that? Obviously, it's a stand issue.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us