New Sony 42" LCD KDF-E42A10 vrs KDF42WE655

Username: Aviator

Post Number: 2
I see the SONY web site has a new 42' LCD in a black case. Are there any improvements over the KDF42WE655 silver model?

Bronze Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 42
The new KDF-E42A10 (42-in.) has an automatically adjusting iris (cinema black pro) which is said to greatly improve black levels. Also, they put the speakers on the bottom of the TV instead of on the side. These are the main changes.

Bronze Member
Username: Jagfan

Jacksonville, FL

Post Number: 13
Another difference is the picture in picture feature is gone from the new model.

Anonymous

This set also has a PC input

Username: Jlmeloche

Post Number: 2
Can anyone please tell me if this model is available in Canada and if it's new to summer 2005?

I waited too long to buy the KF42WE620 and now Futureshop is entirely sold out (I have to buy at Futureshop because of have a lot of store credit that I don't want to waste). Can someone help out a desperate, poor (I'm sending in the range of $2,000.00 CDN) soul without HDTV.

Anonymous

If you are anywhere near Vancouver, Future Shop in West Van still has 620s on the floor for $2499, and they still have them online, as does Best Buy. I was quite tempted until I read through a lot more of the boards here though. Now I'm hunting down a JVC 52" DILA.

Silver Member
Username: Pugcharlie

N, E, PA USA

Post Number: 119
Black levels are much better but Sony also eliminated the sub-woofer and the memory stick reader. I think the A10 looks totally cheap. I like the side speakers and the 55"A20 is a small cost step-up. I'm very satsified with my WE655.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us