Help! sony lcd projection fuzzy picture-calibration issue

Unregistered guest
Hi all, I just bought a Sony KDF-E55A20. My picture is kind of blured.. Kind of like it needs glasses. I had direct tv come out, but it is not them, even when I play play station it is still blurry. The Direct Tv guy said something about having someone calibrate the tv. Does anyone know how i can do this. I can't seem to find any options on the menu, or manual.

Bronze Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 41
You won't find any focus adjustments in the manual. That can only be done by going into service mode and needs to be left to a qualified technician. Your warranty should cover all expenses. I would contact Sony's customer service and have them send someone out to take a look. Or depending on where you purchased it, you could just exchange it for another one. My guess is that your TV was roughly handled during shipping and likely knocked something out of place.

BTW, I think you are the fist person to report on this forum that purchased this new model. How is the black level on this set? With the new automatic iris, the black levels were supposed to be greatly improved over it's predecessor.

shawee
Unregistered guest
I think the black level is great, better than any lcd I've seen. Thanks for the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us