What technology will not burnin

Username: Brandon

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 9
I am looking for a HDTV that I can leave the black bars on the sides when watching normal TV and not have to stretch it out. I would also like to play console games on it as well without worrying about what burning in the screen

Thanks

Username: Telecommander

PA

Post Number: 2
Just about any widescreen HDTV will give you black bars on the sides of an unstretched 4:3 image (my TV's bars are grey, but it's got 'em). As far as burn-in, DLP is fine if you don't see the rainbow stripes some people can see on it when they turn their heads the right way, and LCD will work if you don't mind the sometimes limited resolution.

Username: Cmfurry

Post Number: 1
I have been research various HDTV Technologies and have come to the same conclusion that others have. All technology has limitations, even the CRT. You have to choose a technology that you can live with for the money that you're going to spend. With that in mind, I have decided to wait for the new HLP SAMSUNG DLP HDTVs coming out later this year. DLPs do NOT burn in as it is a reflective technology, the newer ones have reduced the rainbow effect and they have gone to ALL digital with the HDMI/DVI input(s) with one-to-one pixel translation. Both the RP LCD and DLP have a UHP (Ultra High Pressure) light source with a 8000 hour life (average). On both LCD and DLP, the lamps are field replacable.

The LCD will loose contrast over a period of time while the DLP will be just like new.

Bronze Member
Username: Revan

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 11
my rp lcd has a HID lamp and 3 poly silicon panels
if heat from the lamp does not degenerate the
panels then shouldnt the pq remain pretty much
the same. as for DLP why would any1 want to buy a technology that has a million mirrors rotating around individually, seems to me there are too many things that could go wrong. like the rest here im am still a novice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us