Way Basic

Username: Devchdm

Chicago, Il Usa

Post Number: 1
Looking for some very basic help.

I have basic cable service (as in $12.99/month) from Comcast, simply to get decent reception. I have A 27" 'TUBE' TV with a DVD connected to it.

I need to get a new TV and was interested in an LCD flat panel TV, because of size and because of picture quality (obviously in the store).

1. will I get the same quality of picture if I have only basic cable? i.e. no digital cable (or even premium channels for that matter !) I'm assuming the cable aspect of the whole deal has nothing to do with the quality of a DVD movie I would watch??

2. Does anyone have any experience with an Olevia 32" LCD TV which I saw and liked (especially the price).

Thanks so much!

- single mom with no time to do extensive research

Stendall
Unregistered guest
1. The quality will be the same with basic cable. Also, you are correct that cable aspect has nothing to do with dvd quality.
2. Overall, the LT32HV Olevia is a good product in this price range. You will need a separate tuner for hi def. The remote is a bit clunky and you may have to press the same button twice to get it to work.

No matter what brand of hdtv you buy there are certain aspects to be aware of. Watching regular 4x3 tv will result in black bars on the right and left side of the screen. You can stretch the image but will lose some picture quality. Have the salesperson hook up regular cable tv to judge the picture to see if it's acceptable. They use a hi def feed which misleads customers.
Dvd's will still have black bars on top and bottom but not as big as on a regular square tv. Use component cables for best picture for dvd.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us