Help !! DVD Recorder/VCR Hookup where they both can record

Username: Jagfan2

Post Number: 1
I need some help I am stumped.
I just purchased a DVD recorder.

I would like to connect my TV, VCR and DVD recorder. I don't have a cable box.

I want to be able to record TV shows on both the DVD Recorder and the VCR.

My TV has 2 inputs for RCA jacks.
One of the jacks is used already for a Sony playstation. The other set is not used. I have a modulator where the DVD recorder is connected to for its connection to play.

So I need some help with connections or is there anything out there I need to buy.
Help

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1322
Split the incoming cable to the VCR and DVD recorder. Nuke the modulator and get a video switcher and connect the RCAs from the VCR and DVD to it, then connect the output of the switcher to the TV.

Username: Bettyc60

Browns Mills,, NJ Usa

Post Number: 1
Hi David,
Wow! you seem to really know a lot about everything & I sure hope you can help me, First I bought a Sony VX500 DVD Recorder Combo, but it was an open box & I didn't get a manural or a remote, Can you tell me how I would go about getting them, plus how do you Finalize a Disk, I have it all hooked up & it recorded my VHS tape to the DVD, but it wouldn't play on any othe DVD Players. Sure hope you can help me. Thanks so much, Betty, my email addy is intercessor007@comcast.net. please email me, Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1331
I've never used a Sony. Somewhere in the disc menus there has to be a finalize option.

ehanne5
Unregistered guest
hi. it may seem a redundant question, but i'm having trouble hooking my vcr to a dvd recorder so i can transfer my vhs tapes to dvd. i'm pretty good at cable hookups but have tried all possible scenarios. the dvd recorder has s video but the vcr does not. the dvd recorder has line 1 and line 2 input; vcr has the same. i would think its a straight forward rca cable audio in/out thing, but no luck.

any suggestions.

its a jvc pro-cision vcr and emerson dvd recorder.

thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1445
Connect the VCR to one of the line inputs, then set the recorder on whatever input you used.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us