Samsung TXN2730F vs. Sony KV27FS100 - more pic on Sony?

Username: Jaybag

Post Number: 1
I was in CC today looking at these two 27" sets, and I thought that the Samsung picture was much clearer...but there was actually more picture on the sides of the Sony - in other words, you could actually see more stuff (as if the screen was actually wider). For example, if you measured from the "ABC" logo in the lower right corner to the edge of the screen, the distance was about an inch on the Sony but only a centimeter on the Samsung (and there was no difference on the top or bottom). I like the Samsung picture so much more but I feel like I'm getting cheated on the picture. I also noticed Sony having more picture than the Phillips models, so I'm thinking maybe it's more of a Sony issue than a Samsung issue. And I also checked the menus and this wasn't something that could be adjusted. Has anyone else noticed this? Thanks...

Bluerain210
Unregistered guest
I've noticed the same thing. After extensive research and traveling throughout the NY metro area. I've decided to go with the Samsung 27 inch. The picture is a lot more clearer. I don't think the SOny's are HDTV ready. At least not in the store I went to (Circuit City in White Stone and on 14th Street).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us