Archive through November 11, 2004

Shane Boswell
Hey everyone!

If you have messed around with hooking up, everyone knows there are many ways of hooking up. I have a DISH network, Toshiba 6 Head VCR, a Phillips TV, and a Sony DVD Player.

I could never really ever get it to record from DVD to VHS (VCR). We moved, and today, I somehow managed to record from DVD to VHS. Downside, my VCR would "have" to be on in order for me to watch the satelite (Dish).

I use RCA Cables, and I have a few coaxil cables. How can I hook the DVD player to everything, to where I can record DVD to VHS, but also record from the satelite, but not have to have the VCR to watch the satelite. Thanks everyone!

Anonymous
Hi Shane,

I don't know if this will help you much but I run everything through my amp. This allows me to record from DVD, satelite to VHS and I don't have to have the VCR on to watch satelite.

Ronnie Easter
I have a Sharp DVD/CD Mini Component Home Theater System and I would like to know how to hook up my tv to this system so that I will be able to receive the sound through the speakers of the system.

Ian E. Dryden
I have a panasonic GAOO tv and a panasonic vcr and would like to know how to hookup to the star choice satelite system so that I would be able to record from the satelite system. I would also like to be able to view the tv from the satelite direct without having the vcr switched on.
Thanks in advance to anybody who can help to solve my problem.

Ian

does anyone have a diagram for hooking up a Phillips DVD recorder (1500) to a Phillips DVD/VCR player?

Anonymous
I have a Bose System 12, analog 6 speaker surround.
How can I hook up my new Panasonic #55S with decoder
to get some kind of surround. Must I look for a certain type of dvd video disk?

H. J. Brown

I have a projection HDTV Monitor and I need to know the max co-axial cable length I can use between the Monitor and a VCR while still keeping degregation to a minimum? For a Digital Receiver or Satelite Receiver?

Don B

I there a patch cord i can use to hookup
an X-Box along with a satelite tv system to our
older style tv with only one cable connection at the back.

hey, if anyone reads this; if you know how the setup of dvd players and pull down lcd screens work, or if there is a wed site that shows how to hook evey thing up. The problem is that i'm not sure what i need to buy, and i'm not going to waste my money going to best buys, those guys are full of crap. IF you are reading this and have some what of an idea that can help me, email be back at Williewang72@hotmail.com

Anonymous
we have a philips 500w ht system, and are wanting to add to it a vcr and satellite, how do you hook system up to get video on the tv?

I have an Apex DVD player that I am trying to hookup. I have an RCA TV, with a Hitachi VCR, and a Pioneer Digital Cable Box. The cords that I have, have the red, white and yellow female ends, but each YELLOW one is for a serial port. Anyone with any ideas? The TV doesn't have a serial port for the yellow end, but the digital cable box does. Hopefully this is enough info.

Anonymous
I am just writing to you in concern of my cable box (brand name Jerrold). What has happened is that my cable box is starting to act strangely. It is starting to just randomly flip to channels with out anybody doing anything to it. For example, I wil be watching channel 29 and all of a sudden the channels will randomly go down quickly for example, it will go 28,27,26,25 etc. And then when I put it back again to channel 29 it will do the same thing in a couple of minutes. So, please if you could help me I would really appreciate it.

Anonymous
hey there i would like info on how to connect dvd player and a vcr to one tv please...

Anonymous
We are trying to hook-up a DVD Player to a VCR that hooked to the TV that has cable hooked to it. We plugged the white red and yellow into the appropriate spot on the VCR and DVD but the DVD comes on but does not play the movie. What are we doing wrong. Thanks

herbert w armstrong
you should all get out more, there's a big world out there full of stuff to fill your "minds"

Can someone help? I have a new cheapo DVD/CD/MP3 player that I need to hook up to a 10 yr old Samsung TV. I have a Panasonic VCR hooked up to it now. I use antenna to view tv, I don't have cable. Can I run DVD player thru the VCR somehow? Thanks a million for any help.

I am in serious need of HELPPPPPPPPPPPP! Someone - anyone - please!! I have a digital cable box, a Durabrand Digital Home Theater, an Apex DVD player, an Orio VCR player and an RCA TV.... I also have an RF Module(but not sure I need it!) HOW on earth do you hook all these components up so that I can watch a DVD or a VCR tape WITHOUT changing any wires around??? I currently have the DVD player going through my vcr however, this causes the screen to fade in and out and it drives me nuts!!! Can anyone help me????

Help Please,
I have a TV, VCR, and Dish Network satellite. How do you hook it up so that you can record off the sat. Everytime i try it i wind up with snow on the recording. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks Roy

INSTALLGUY
IF YOU HAVE A CHEAP DISH NET SAT RUN ANTENNA INTO SAT AND DISH INTO SAT COME OUT OF SAT WITH CH3 TO VCR THEN OUT TO TV THIS WILL WORK OK VCR MUST BE TUNED TO CH3 TO RECORD SAT AND TV MUST BE ON CH3 TO VIEW VCR OR SAT MUST BE OFF TO VIEW LOCAL CHANELS FOLOW THAT?

I guess I'm just confused with the different inputs and outputs. I have Dish Network, a VCR, a DVD player, and a stereo system, all of which runs through a stereo receiver. I'm trying to record from Dish to the VCR, but the array of cords is confusing. I have the little Dish receiver box where the Dish line comes in and then out to the television. Then the VCR and DVD are connected through the stereo receiver to the tv. It's a mess back there, to say the least. My main goal is to be able to record from Dish Network programming to the VCR. If anyone can walk me through this, please e-mail me at goody00@hotmail.com. Thank you!

Anonymous
I have a phillips dvd r 985 dvd recorder. Want to hook up 2 vcr and a dvd player to this unit. Want to be able to record from 1vcr ,tv,and 2nd dvd on the phillips recorder. The 2nd vcr I use to copy tapes from vcr to vcr. any one know how to proprerly hook all up? Mt tv has s-video and component video capability. 2 vcr have normal audio/video hookups. 2nd dvd has s video and component video. If have answer please email me at miller977@hotmail.com thanks

how do I hook up a vcr with the satellite receiver
so I can record and also watch programs that I record? thank you,

Hi all.

I have a Philips 26" TV built in 1988. I also have a VCR and recently purchased a DVD player. Is it okay to hook the VCR into the coxial cable input on the TV and to hook the DVD player in using the component cables and connections on the TV? Will I be able to watch a tape from the VCR and a DVD movie from the DVD player (obviously not at the same time) without mucking around with the cables?

Does anyone know if it's possible to connect a Toshiba DVD player through a digital cable box? Cable box is a motorola. Thanks.

I need to connect a tv vcr dvd cable box together

I have a GE TV with 3 VCR's a DVD an AMP and dish satellite. I would like to hook these up so I can watch a program on satellite and record 2 others on the VCR's.

I am trying to do a simple hookup of a DVD Player to a VCR to record to the VCR...I have a cable box but I can disconnect that if I have too. I would like to hook it up to the TV to view what I am recording, as well. I just want to record from the DVD to the VCR...is this possible?

Please email any help to radarprivate@earthlink.net thanks

i have a dvd player one of the ones from walmart on thanksgiving sales and i got all three rca jacks hooked up corectly and still get no picture do i need an s-video cable?

Want to hook an extra tv up to my satellite receiver. Can I just hook it on to my main coax from the dish using a splitter?
Thanx for any help.
BJ

Anonymous
Hi, We have a JVC Tv-JVC Stereo-JVC VCR-a Dish Network Receiver and now a DVD player. We can not get very much sound out of the DVD player and was wondering if we have it hooked up wrong. I can get surround sound out from the stereo for movies from the VCR and TV. Please email me your thoughts. Thanks for all your help.

Unregistered guest
I posted in October, asking about how to record from Dish Network to my VCR. I've had two people ask me if I figured it out, so I thought I'd share here. My connections are as follows:

The satellite line goes into the Dish receiver box. That box goes out to the VCR. The VCR line then goes to the tv. My DVD player is patched directly into the stereo receiver. My stereo receiver is patched into the tv.

The cure for me was making sure the VCR was on the same channel as the television. Simple? Yes. Embarrassing? Sort of. :-) Best of luck to you all!

Username: Holab12

Post Number: 1
I am about to buy a dvd player for our teenage grandchildren. Their family v is a JVC circa 1996.
Are there any pitfalls? I am looking for a simple player without bells and whistles. Thanks all.

Unregistered guest
I have a Home Theater System that is designed for a 5.1 channel DVD. I am trying to hookup to a DVD that only has R & L Audio out ports. Are there any options?

Anonymous

Greetings everyone from a rainy SoCal....I just purchased a Panasonic DVD/CD player (S25 model) and am going to purchase a new tv this weekend. The old tv was about 8 years old. I have little experience connecting the dvd to the tv and am wondering if anyone out there knows of a nice, basic tv, under 20" that would be compatible with this dvd player? I know it's fairly simple to connect them...any tips? Thanks you guys and have a great Holiday!

mello
Unregistered guest
how do I hookup a samsung vcr/dvd t0 a mitsubushi hdtv?

Dan Kowalewski
Unregistered guest
Hi.
I just received a JVC XV-SA600 DVD player and I am trying to hook it up to my TV, a 1990 RCA model with older coventional connections (Video IN and Audio In (L & R)). I already have a VCR connected through my digital cable box. I cannot figure out how to make the connection while bypassing the VCR. The JVC instructions manual makes no mention of how to connect while using a cable box. PLEASE HELP! by emailing me at danbar.nyc@verizon.net
Thanks

Anonymous

I am trying to hook up a durabrand home theater system to my tv/vcr, can anyone help?! Also have cable tv

Unregistered guest
ok but the problem we are havin is that 1 my friend has a sega game system and sega cd system plus dvd and just got dirctv set uop this sunday and his vcr doesnt work? just his dvd and directv
plus on top of it all he has a old rf switch set up and his games systms work?
and when we had cox cable everything worked? but dirctv is more channels and better sound and bitter pituers and 2 in the famly room mine works all i have is 2 vhs vcrs for dubing and i have msntv unit and hp printer and video pal corder and i dont do timmer recordins i just record escpaill ilusion specials :-) any ways the sat lite reciver comes on but after my friends parents put the soap show on by hiting play on vhs vcr all we see is blue no soap tv show on CBS
in this case channel 3 here in Portsmouth, VA
WE have vhs vcr set to allways at that time at 12:27pm OR close to that time to allways come on and it allways worked when we had cox cable but now we have dirct tv its cool but how do you get this to all work out?
in CHRIST bill page magician

Unregistered guest
I have just purchased a dvd player and hooked it up through my vcr.When I turn on the dvd player the movie does not play. Can any one tell what i am doing wrong.

blink
Unregistered guest
I have a magnavox tv and need to hookup a cable box,vcr,dvd and possibly a playstation. Also I am getting sound and video, but with only input or output into each accessory. What is the purpose of hooking audio/video jacks, if I get audio/video without the jacks being hooked up?

Anonymous

I have Dish hooked up to a VCR and to Big Screen TV. I purchased a DVD player, and would like to hook it up through the VCR, if possible. The connections behind the big screen are difficult to reach, as it is an entertainment unit affixed to the wall. Help!

RGREEN@sbo.hampton.k12.va.us
Unregistered guest
Hi, everyone, I AM TRYING TO CONNECT VCR,DVD VIDEO REORDER, RCA DIRECTV RECIEVER W/ULTIMATE TV SERVICE,AND A DIGITAL BIG SCREEN TV, ALSO A 4 IN 1 A/V SELECTOR SWITCH .STERO HOME ENTERTAINMET RECIEVER. CAN ANYONE HELP

Unregistered guest
Help Please
I have an old JVC DVD player that I bought 2 years ago. I just bought the component wires so that I can connect it to my TV. I did connect to the component input in the TV but the picture is not clear and the colors are all messed up. On top of the DVD player, it says something like "To use component connection, please refer to the user manual", but I don't have my user manual. Can anybody who is familiar with the JVC DVD players or has a manual for JVC DVD player please let me know what needs to be done in order to have the connection done correctly. Thanks in advance.

Username: Visviki

I am having problems hooking up a VCR/DVD player with a seprate VCR connected to a DDS receiver. The sat line comes into the VCR and then goes to the DVD/VCR. The TV and DVD/VCR are new Toshiba's. DDS receiver and VCR are Sony. I can get the Sony VCR to play and record. The Toshiba DVD/VCR only has sound on the DVD side no picture, on the VCR side nothing. This is a brand new unit. The routing map for Toshiba is different in the two manuals, TV and DVD/VCR. The reason I am wanting to install the seprate VCR is so I can record off of the DDS system by using Sony's S-Link feature. The Toshiba would have to have the station pre set and you could only record on that station. Both the Toshiba TV and DVD/VCR state you can set up two VCR's but their routing maps are not the same. The DVD/VCR will play when only connected to the TV.

Unregistered guest
I'm trying to network a Panasonic home theater system (5 speakers running into a subwoofer that hooks into the DVD player)with my dish receiver, vcr, and tv. any simple directions?
kmalpass@slb.com

Username: Chooko

I have DirectTV Satellite, Toshiba TV and VCR and a Panasonic DVD with HD and Burner. Can't figure out best way to hook up everything - Panasonic directions don't work. Anyone have SIMPLE instructions for me. Thanks.Favorite actor/character

Piyush
Unregistered guest
Its not that hard.
Tv -> VCR
Coaxical Wire goes from VCR Out, to TV In.
DISH -> VCR
Coaxical Wire goes from dish/wall outlet to VCR In.
DVD -> VCR
Red, White, Yellow Wire go from DVD to VCR(In)
To record the dvd to vcr, youre gonna need to change the Line/Video. On my vcr, its a button called Input Select. On other vcr's, its a button called Video. NOTE, the VIDEO BUTTON SHOULD BE ON THE VCR, not the tv or ur dvd player or any other hardware.

Hope that help!!!

Anonymous

i am having a hard time hooking up an apex dvd player to my direct tv receiver can somebody help me

Bryan
Unregistered guest
Piyush:

I think you forgot something. On the back of the Dish receiver you have some options you need to think about as well. Satelite in, TV out, Antennae in. You just cant run the line from the wall into the VCR. There is a receiver also.

Anonymous

I have a DVD,VCR, satellite, cable and Bose surround sound system. Someone helped me connect all those together but now i just bought Tivo along with that. Is there a simpler way to connect (device like amplifier?) all these together or have to have thousands of wires hanging behind the tv and it's mind boggling for me to even look at that. yes i am a tech stupid but i can answer any health care questions you have. Can someone please help me?

Unregistered guest
Hey Anonymous from March 8, 2004:

Let me know if you still need help with hookup. I also have dvd/vcr/satellite/surround sound/and Tivo. I have them all hooked-up and working great. I finally even got my vcr to record my tivo programs(that one took me all day to figure out). Any way, If you still need help, e-mail me and I will draw out my wiring scheme for you.

Signed - Deb (not tech. smart - just persistent with time on her hands.)

Unregistered guest
HELP! I have Dish Network, pioneer reciever, Panasonic dvd/cd player, panasonic vcr, panasonic tv. How do I hook them all together so I can use them all properly. I have hooked and unhooked and am going crazy

Hugh
Unregistered guest
Hello, I have a JVC Television, RCA Directv receiver, RCA VCR. I am trying to add a Phillips DVD player. Can anyone help in adding this dvd player?

Anonymous

How do I hook up a Toshiba combo DVD/VCR to
a Comcast HDTV cable box and a Philips HDTV with
2 sets of Component video jacks. I want to be able to tape all shows from the Comcast box to the VHS portion of the DVD/VCR combo. I also would like to take advantage of the Component Video jacks for both the DVD and HDTV

Username: Yorkierem

I keep getting sounds from the tv channels when i'm playing a dvd on my phillips player ? have i to hook it up a special way ?the sound is always in the background whilst viewing dvd

Unregistered guest
Can anyone tell me why my VCR tapes/plays back in color on one TV but only in b&w on another TV? The "culprit" TV (with b&w playback) is a Sony Trinitron with a DVD/VCR combo.

This is driving me crazy to try and figure out! I sincerely appreciate any insight.

Username: Carobe

I have just added a DVD Recorder to my home system and am trying to set it up for all input to play through the DVD. Have Dish 721 PVR, Awai receiver, and Samsung TXN3245 TV. Currently have the Dish hooked in Composite to the TV, SVideo to the DVD, and the DVD hooked Component out to the TV, with Coaxial audio from DVD and digital audio from dish to receiver. Satellite output plays through the DVD okay, but the picture is jagged and not clear. If I record from PVR or Satellite and play it back on the DVD it's fine. The DVD recorder (cheap COBY R1000) has a built in tuner, could this be a problem? Or is it SVideo-->Component degredation? Trying to do this so I can just leave the TV on the Component output all the time and not have to switch for DVD viewing (or recording, although you set the input on timed recording). Thanks in advance...

mab
Unregistered guest
http://www.123dj.com

http://www.crutchfield.com

for ALL of you ELECTRONICS,TV's,COMPUTERS,MUSIC,HOME THEATER,and MORE NEEDS

Anonymous

I am trying to hook up a Sanyo DVD, Sony VCR, to a RCA TV with RCA Satellite dish

teaaacher
Unregistered guest
I just got a Sony HDTV television, have dish network and a Magnovox DVD player. I must have something hooked up wrong. The TV has a blurry pic and terrible color and I can't get a DVD to play. The television manual tells how to hook up a DVD playter and then how to do a Satellite Receiver but not both. HELP!

Unregistered guest
Before you buy any electronics for yourself, realize that all video devices must in some way communicate picture information to your T. V..
Different type input connectors on the T. V. dictate the different type outputs you'll have to look for on any dvd player/recorder,vcr,set top box, in fact any video device you buy feeds the picture information into your set through wire or wires with connectors alike at each end.
Study up on and know what coax, composite (rca),super s, component, vga, rgb and bnc connectors look like and determine which ones your particular T.V. has, and when shopping only consider devices that have outputs that match these inputs built into your T. V. Depending on input availability, you may have to unplug a device that's not being watched and plug in the device you want to watch now. If you have chosen or should chose to buy devices with outputs that can't match your T.V. inputs, and you can't get your money back, or if you are determined to "make it work", you'll need to get another T. V. or learn to put a square peg into a round hole by studing transcoders and other in/out connectors that insert into the video signal supply stream, in other words run some laps in the park of the video hobbiest.
It's impossible to keep up and nearly so to remain remotely abreast in consumer electronics, but knowledge is power. Lack of same is irritation, the salve for which is study. avsforum is a recommended starting point. Hope this helps somebody some.

Unregistered guest
I have a Phillips HDTV a digital cable box and a panasonic DVD recorder. I cannot get the DVD recorder to work when I utilize the "S" cable. Is there anyone who can give me a diagram of how to hook everyting up before I throw this stuff out the window !

Username: Mcnilly

we have big rock with stick. poke rock with stick to change dream picture. how can we hook up tochiba dvd player. rock has small hole in back. cable don't fit

Anonymous

how do I record a dvd movie to a vcr. I have a sony tv, a cheapo dvd player and a vcr. Here is my setup.

cable (from wall) to vcr IN
coax from vcr out to tv IN
dvd out (composite video cables) to tv IN

I can record from tv programs to vcr but not from dvd to vcr

Bronze Member
Username: Xol

Post Number: 30
You have to remove protection.
Look here http://www.dimax.com.ua/index.htm

Unregistered guest
Hi,
I once recorded DVD to VHS, but one day I accidently unplugged it all. Can anyone help me to plug the Cables so I can record DVD to VHS

I have a Panasonic TV
Panasonic 6-Head VCR
Shinco Portable DVD

Plz, any one, can u help me!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 74
Hook RCA jacks, or s-video cable if possible, from the DVD player output to the in on the VCR, then change the input on the VCR from tuner to line or auxiliary, whichever Panasonic calls it. DVDs are copyguarded, you may need a stabilizer as stated in the post above yours.

Username: Suze122

MI USA

Help ANYONE???

I have DVD player/recorder, Dishtv, receiver, & TV to hookup & NObody has been able to help me---YET. (lots of ?'s here re that, tho!)

Anyway, can anyone help? Monster cables wants to sell you THEIR box, but I KNOW it can be done without it...I had it all done, but had to move it. ARGH:-(!!!!.........

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
This would be easier if I knew exactly what outputs the satellite had and what inputs the TV had. The satellite should be hooked to the recorder with an s-video cable if possible, if not then RCA jacks. The DVD should hook to the TV with the component out RCA jacks if the TV has them, if not then an s-video cable and if it doesn't have that then RCA jacks. If the satellite has two sets of s-video or RCA outputs and the TV has two sets of inputs then run one from the satellite straight to the TV too, if there is only one set on either then use a coax cable from the satellite to the TV so that the recorder doesn't have to be on to watch the satellite.

James Osborne
Unregistered guest
I have an older RCA television, a Sony DVD surround sound system, a Direct TV box and a vcr which I am trying to get to all work together. I want to use the surround sound whenever the television is on, and ofcourse us the DVD and/or VCR whenever. I have no problem hooking up the TV/VCR/DIRECT TV but I cannot figure out how to add the DVD? CAN SOMEONE HELP

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
You need an open RCA input on the TV. If you don't have one you can use a video switcher, which can be bought at WalMart. If the TV doesn't have RCA inputs, then you need an RF modulator.

Anonymous

I have a cable box,dvd player,xbox and vcr I want to hookup to one tv help please

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
What inputs does the TV have?

Anonymous

HI, I have a 39 inch rca home theatre tv,a dual vcr, a sony dvd player. I can't connect the dvd to the tv, well i can but i can only hear the sound but no picture.
On the tv there is an s video but it's not the same as the one on the dvd.
what do I need to do?
Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
What do you mean by not the same? There's only 1 s-video. Sometimes they are upside down from each other. You can always use an RCA jack, but the s-video cable is better.

Anonymous

Thank You David,
Now I realize that there is only one kind. The tv is in an entertaiment center and has a small opening in the back and I couldn't see next to the s video where the connection was. Now I can watch dvd's

mom3
Unregistered guest
Help I have a Dish Network DVR 522 receiver how do I hook u and play my dvd players

mom3
Unregistered guest
Help I have a Dish Network DVR 522 receiver how do I hook up and play my dvd players

Username: Fairlycloudy

TN US

Help, please...Friends have hooked up a VCR to a DVD/VCR combo to a TV and neither of the VCR's will record. Any ideas???? thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
Need to know how everything is hooked up.

Username: Fairlycloudy

TN US

Post Number: 2
I will check with them and let you know. They gave me just the bare basics. Thanks..

Unregistered guest
I have a RCA DVD Player only and a Philips 31" TV and a VCR. I can not get a DVD to play since we moved. We took the cable box out when we moved. Now I don't know where my books are. I need directions to hook up.

Unregistered guest
Hi - we just got DishNetwork yesterday and it may be coming down just as fast. We cannot figure out how to hook up the receiver, our stereo, a VCR and DVD. We get the audio, but no video on the VCR and DVD. We had DirectTV and their receiver has inputs for everything; the new one doesn't. Do we need to use a switchbox, and if so, what are the schematics? I've called DishNetwork twice and neither tech was of any use what so ever. I would really appreciate some help!

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
jaybirdphillips, The DVD should hook to the TV with the RCA jacks using the triple component connections if the TV and DVD support such a connection. If not then it should be connected with an s-video cable, if not possible then RCA jacks. Once connected the TV has to be set to whatever input the DVD was connected to.

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
Coreen, The Dish Network should be hooked to the VCR with RCA jacks and the VCR to the TV the same way. The DVD should be hooked straight to the TV seperate from the VCR, see post above. The stereo should hook to the TV if possible. If you want to watch the satellite without having the VCR on then you can run coax to the TV from the satellite. Anything hooked up with coax from a satellite will result in mono audio though.

Anonymous

I have a NEW RCA 32" tv, rca vcr, bose 1-2-3 system and a dish network satellite. I got everything hooked up and all worked except the sound on the recording on the vcr. You can barely hear it and what you do hear is whatever channel the t.v. is on. I know this has to be simple, but it's got me. The TV has all kinds of jacks for components in the back. Seems maybe to be something like on the toggle from vcr/tv. I might add, the Bose is OFF at this point. Thanks. HELP I'M LOSING IT.

Anonymous

I have a GO DVD/VCR player I want to hook up to Dish network on to a JVC tv can anyone help me? I'm elderly and my son has moved away so I need all the help I can get. Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 319
If you aren't worried about picture quality, you can just run coax cable from the dish receiver to the VCR and from the VCR to the tv. For a better quality picture and sound, run the 3 RCA jacks from the satellite to the VCR and from the VCR to the TV. The DVD hooks to the TV the same way.

Unregistered guest
Heelllllllllllpppppppp!!!! I am so glad to see I am not the only one who is having problems understanding all of this... I am trying to help my parents and set up their new home theatre system. They just bought a Toshiba Projection TV MODEL# 46H84, it has colorStream, HDTV monitor (is it "Ready" or "Intergrated"?); Toshiba DVD/VCR Home Theater System surround sound MODEL# SD-V55HTSU; and their cable company is ComCast the box is a Motorola. Please if anyone can shine a little light. I have both owner's manual's open and neither has a configuration setup that looks like it is what i need.

Gammie
Unregistered guest
I need instructions to be able to record stuff off TV, I have a sanyo vcr.

Silver Member

Post Number: 342
What are you recording from.

Anonymous

I am trying to hook up a JVC VCR TO A HD RECEIVER 811. THE HD RECIEVER DOES NOT HAVE AN TV OUT. THE VCR HAS AUDIO/VIDEO AND ANT IN/RF OUT.

PLS HELP.

EAGER

Unregistered guest
How do I hook up my Dish Network receiver, TV, and VCR so I can record and playback?

Silver Member

Post Number: 358
RCA jacks from the satellite receiver to the VCR and from the VCR to the TV.

Username: Usm1017

Trying to help my parents hook up Cyberhome 300 DVD to older Magnavox. Has RCA inputs on TV but we still have no video. Suggestions?

Silver Member

Post Number: 368
Change the TVs input from tuner to auxiliary.

Anonymous

Help Please. I have a Zenith combo DVD/VCR trying to hook up to Direct tv. I want to be able record from the satellite channels, but all i get is snow picture and no sound.

Silver Member

Post Number: 383
Connect the VCR with RCA jacks and set the input to line.

Username: Jshell

friend has satellite and has it hooked up, along with dvd/vcr combo---can't get vcr to record. any advise. it was installed by the dish people.

Silver Member

Post Number: 409
Hook RCA jacks from the satellite to the VCR, this is the only way to get stereo audio and will give a better picture too. Then set the VCR to line, somewhere on the unit or remote there should be an input button to change to line. The VCR to the TV should be with RCA jacks too to get stereo audio, then set the TV to whatever input the VCR was hooked to.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us