New Sony KDF-E55A20 3LCD TV's

Sony Man
Unregistered guest
Anyone bought or seen the new Sony rear projection 3LCD TV's? I'm curious if the 3LCD corrects the blurred picture when viewing high speed motion in sports that can be seen in the previous KDF-50WEG655 model. I was impressed with the KDF-50WEG655 picture but was disappointed with the blurred screen when watching sports.

Z28kid
Unregistered guest
I just got it. I haven't seen the old one but it does have some blur watching baseball. Overrall any other picture is great

Anonymous

Do you find that the picture is dark? I saw the 60 inch version and adjusted the contrast and brightness as high as it would go and the picture was still very dark.

Silver Member
Username: Pugcharlie

N, E, PA USA

Post Number: 111
The term "3LCD" refers to the same technology as previous Sony and other LCD RP TVs. They are just using the term now to distinguish from the 1 chip system for DLP.

I have the KDF-50WE655 and love it except for motion blur and black levels/contrast in dim, dark scenes but otherwise a great picture.

Anonymous

Isn!t the motion blur there no matter what kind of tv you buy?

Silver Member
Username: Pugcharlie

N, E, PA USA

Post Number: 112
Motion blur is common for LCD RP but now that Mitsubishi has jumped into the LCD RP biz, their new 62" LCD RP (at Sears) claims:
"The Mitsubishi QuickMotion LCD drive displays sharp, crisp, and clean moving images especially with fast moving scenes. SmartShutter technology displays deep blacks and improved dark scene detail. And Plush720p upconverts lower quality signals to deliver maximum clarity from every source.
Mitsubishi Exclusive LCD Light Engine
SmartShutter
Quick Motion
Plush720p
PerfectColor"

From my observation, the SDE was much greater on the 62" Mitsi LCD than on the new Sony E55A20.
It can be found here:
http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/televisions/details.asp?id=182

I have the KDF-50WE655 and the dark scenes are a bit murky but its the motion blur (watching David Leno go slightly side to side as he walks toward the camera makes me need Dramamine!). Overall, though, my 50WE655 delivers a beautiful picture with the exception of the occassional blur and black level. So I am reading, however, that the new A10s from Sony seem to lose shadow detail. pluses and minuses: Better contrast, less shadow detail, no memory stick slot, no sub woofer, but computer input. I am curious about the new sets though and would like to ideally get a new one every year to keep up!

New E55A20 owner
Unregistered guest
I just had my new Sony KDF E55A20 delivered today! I've only watched it for 5 minutes just to be sure it was working when the delivery guy was here. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding initial set up and use of this set? I'm a "low tech" guy and not familiar with widescreens as this is my first one. Thanks and I appreciate any helpful advice.

Z28kid
Unregistered guest
I didn't find it dark at all. I played my PS2 on it and it looks amazing. I have surrround sound so speakers weren't an issue for me. DVDS look great and sports are lookin better when i bought better cables. I spend 3 hours in the store decideing between DLP and SONY LCD. I heard alot of problems with samsung.

I love this sony.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us