VHS to DVD then DVD copy on Comp Problem

Unregistered guest
I have a daewoo 8150P dvd machine which copies my home movies to dvd fine. But I now want to make copies on my computer to give to other family members but I dont seem to able to do this. I have tried different programs DVD shrink, DVD X Copy but I dont seem to be able to get round this problem, Can anyone help?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1297
Are you finalizing the discs? To copy DVD-R discs, use DVD Decrypter, ISO read, ISO write.

Jackie Murphy
Unregistered guest
Yes I have finalised the discs and they can be read on all other dvd players. DVD Decrypter allowed me th get the file on my computer. How do I now write it to disc. (the original was a DVD+R)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1299
Use ISO read to read the disc and ISO write to burn the disc. When you do ISO write, just select the file you want to burn.

Unregistered guest
have just bought a bush vcr dvd combo.when copying from vhs to dvd the finalized disc will not read in my pansonic dvd recorder

Gold Member

Post Number: 1383
Is it a +R disc?

frankyd
Unregistered guest
yes the bush uses +R and the panasonic uses -R to record

Gold Member

Post Number: 1386
Panasonic purposely makes their recorders non +R compatible.

Unregistered guest
a friend of mine wants to transfer his VHS tapes (home recordings off TV) to DVD using either his VHS/DVD machine or his separate VHS machine to DVD. but when he attempts the copy, he gets a Copyright notice on the screen and no DVD recording can take place. why would this happen when the tapes are home-made recordings? how can this be done successfully? please email me, as i may not get back to this site very soon. thanks for the help.

Username: Sunrise2740

Kidderminster, Worcestershire United Kingdom

Post Number: 1
I have a Daewoo 8150 DVD recorder with VHS. I can record on all channels ie BBC 1,2 ITV & channel 4 together with the sky channels. My problem is that the sky channels are in mono sound, and whatever I do to attempt to change to stereo via setup or audio it reverts back to mono. I have connected the system so that the recorder operates via A/V1, whilst the non recoring status is on A/V2.

Many thanks

Mike
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us