Comcast Motorola box has Improved???

Bronze Member
Username: Valval1029

Rahway, NJ

Post Number: 24
Hey! A few months ago I posted when switching from DISH to Comcast Cable... One of the horrors was that channels 1-100 on the Motorola DCT6400 looked really bad b/c of the box- I think it was compressing them to digital format and degrading them...

Anyway, I just happened to notice (don't know when it started...) that these channels look MUCH better than they used to! Is it me???

Cable boy
Unregistered guest
Comcast is changing channels under 100 to include a digital simulcast(no longer just analog). you will see an improvement. Enjoy!

cable girl
Unregistered guest
cable boy, where are you, you don't have to say the state or anything, i am in the southeast and i didn't hear anything about this so i am wondering if it's something we will be doing soon too. thanks for the info. we just have to send signals right now for this sort of thing.

DEAN55
Unregistered guest
I'm from the Jacksonville area and my DCT6400 produces very bad video as compared to the non DVR box. I used a splitter to my antenna connection and watch the lower channels in clarity that way. Even the HD channels are not as good with the DVR box. Any suggestions ?

cable girl
Unregistered guest
get a new box. there are some known issues with the dvr boxes and we are supposed to get new ones soon. of course no date has been given yet. but they keep telling us soon there will be new ones. the ones we have now freeze up alot and the dual tuner dvr boxes seem to have the most problems.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us