Samsung hl-r5087w vs toshiba 52hm84 vs sony KDF-55wf655

Username: Rakeshreddyr

Post Number: 1
All,
Which one is the best price for the money and which one is more reliable. I have read a lot about the toshiba lamp burning issues. I was inclined towards the hl-p5085w instead of
hl-r5087w. What are the differences between these two and which is better. Also a local dealer in NJ is giving me a brand new sony kdf55wf655 for 2097 + taxes. All help and info is appreciated.
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Kdog044

Post Number: 138
There are many of us Toshiba owners on AVS Forum and I can only recall one or two that had issues with the lamp. Toshiba is one of the few to warrant the lamp for a year. I don't know where you read about the problem but I am not convinced there is a problem and I believe they are isolated cases. I have the 62HMX94 and have been totally happy with my purchase.

Username: Rakeshreddyr

Post Number: 2
Kdogg044,
I looked at the 52hmx94 at one of the local stores and the picture was much better than most dlp tv's. If you were me would you buy the samsung hlr-5087w or the toshiba 52hm84 or 52hmx84.

Silver Member
Username: Kdog044

Post Number: 139
rakesh reddy,

Personally, I would look at the 94 series and get the integrated tuner. The HMX over the HM only gives you a second HDMI port and the black bezel. I can't comment on the Samsung as I didn't look at that model but I also considered the Mitsubishi DLP's before deciding on Toshiba.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us