DLP with NO problems????

Username: Sleepylee

Post Number: 3
Looking to move to new home within a month. Have "evaluated" all technology and sets for months. Have decided on DLP. Are there any 50-56 inch sets out there that are trouble free and that one can feel good over. Horror stories seem to abound with whatever I decide on? Help...thanks........Sleepy

Klaus4ME!
Unregistered guest
when you find a dlp with no problems,let us know.
i went thru 2,and after sending them back,am now satisfied with my sony xs series.
dlp= claymation,rainbows,fan and color wheel noise.
lcd projection has shown no problems at all and am totally satisfied.

Bronze Member
Username: Jimkw

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 14
Daughter and son in-law to be have had a Samsung DLP for close to two years and have had no problems whatsoever. I am considering the Samsung HLR-5067, but want to see how much the new one with the 1080P will be when it comes out shortly. I think the HLR's will drop in price when the 1080P comes out too. That should be some time this month.

jamescrew
Unregistered guest
I own the Mitsubishi 52725 and have had one problem during the last 6 months. The tv kept turning off intermittently. Turned out that there was a heat sensor that had gone bad. The tech replaced it and it has worked great since then. If you buy an extended warranty you will have no worries. My belief is that most problems will show up in the first year. I bought a 5-year warranty with my set. I think that you can have problems with any set. Before my Mitsubishi I owned a 36' Toshiba television and had one problem with that that was covered under the warranty and have never had another since. I still own the Toshiba and it is 6 years old now. I think that you will find owners of Samsung, Mitsubishi, and Sony dlp/lcd televisions that are very happy with their sets.

Silver Member
Username: Kdog044

Post Number: 137
The Toshiba 52HMX94 is a good set. I have the 62HMX94 and the only problem I had was with Comcast and getting a cable card to work. Toshiba released new firmware to resolve that issue. I like the HMX94 sets as they have the SD slot for easy upgrades of firmware. Whatever you decide look for that capability (i.e. CF,SD,Memory Stick).

Klaus4ME!
Unregistered guest
when you find a dlp with no problems,let us know.
i went thru 2,and after sending them back,am now satisfied with my sony xs series.
dlp= claymation,rainbows,fan and color wheel noise.
lcd projection has shown no problems at all and am totally satisfied.
AGAIN-CHECK OUT LCD PROJECTION-SONY XS SERIES!!!!

Sam T
Unregistered guest
Sleepy,

Since you have decided on DLP as your display technology, I would wait for the 1080P sets coming out this month. The Samsung HL-R xx68 series won "Best in Show" at the Las Vegas CES. I haven't seen any posts about fan or color wheel noises as was mentioned above. I don't even know what "claymation" is. Folks who own the latest HL-R xx67 sets seem to be very satisfied. I've been watching an older HL-P5063W for over a year with no problems whatsoever. It has a fantastic picture on HD and standard def looks really good too. DVD's are almost HD quality.

GladP
Unregistered guest
I am looking at either the Samsung HL-R5067 or the Toshiba 50HM84. Any suggestions?

This is harder than buying a new car!

Anonymous

Not really!

Which style do you like?
Speakers on sides or under the display?
They both have Texas Instruments technology, but...
Which model has the less expensive replacement lamp?
Which model uses the longer lasting Phillips lamp?
Which model uses the latest version of DMD chip.
Which model has a built-in digital ATSC tuner?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us