JVC HD-61Z886 61" HD-ILA HDTV - Comments from experts, Current Owners

Username: Mg1982

Post Number: 8
I've come across this JVC HD-61Z886 61" HD-ILA Digital Widescreen HDTV in my looooooong search for a television. Are there any current owners or experts that can comment on the realiabilty, pro and cons of this set. I've narrowed my Choice between the JVC HD-61Z886 61 and Sony WEGA KDF-60XS955 60" LCD. Thankz guys!

Bronze Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 29
I had the Sony KDF-60XS955 in my living-room for about a week before I returned it. Screen-door-effect was noticable 10 ft back, and there was lots of pixelation with fast moving scenes, even with high quality DVD's using a Pioneer Elite progressive DVD player. These reasons plus it had a stuck blue pixel right in the middle of the screen. The XS and WF 55" did not exibit the SDE and the pixelation was very minimal. Another thing to consider is that the 60" and the 55's use the same 132 Watt bulb and that makes the 55"er's much brighter.

I have not owned a JVC yet, but from what I have seen in the stores and the testimonials I have read from ownwers, I would give the JVC a try.

Silver Member
Username: Kid_red

Post Number: 205
There's a huge thread up top about the JVC, should be plenty of info there. I love my 52" JVC.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us