Hitachi Screen Burn-In by Kid spraying Pledge

Username: Theamazing

Post Number: 1
Hello, I am very new to this so if i don't know the terms please be patient with me. My daughter a few months ago sprayed a cleaner on my Hitachi 57uwx20b and now i have black streaks all on the bottom of the screen and going up the middle of the screen like a paint brush, like it sucked it up from the bottom and dragged it towards the top. Me and my Father-Inlaw took the screen down and unscrewed it from the frame and the black tape that holds the inner and outer screen together was kind of gooey and easy to seperate. we took some liquid dish soap and tried cleaning a corner of the inside screen but it didn't clean it so we put it back together and thought i would call to see about just replacing the inside screen so i did that and everyone i called said that they come together like an assembly of both screens and not just the inner screen and that it would be over $400. I can't afford to replace this screen and all the threads that i found about burn in have to do with tv burn in but this is something that is a diiferent type of burn in so i'm HOPING somebody can help me with advice as to cleaning this if possible.

Thanks for any help/advice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us