Ps2 problem with my samsung

Username: Thrasherdog21

Post Number: 1
I just purchased a samsung 50" widescreen dlp model # hl-r5067w. For some reason it is causing interference with my PS2. There is a slight lag with the controls. The PS2 works fine with all my other tv's but not the samsung. I am using component cables with the system. Samsung said they had problems with xbox and ps2 in earlier models but had corrected the problem, it is just not working on mine. They tell me I am out of luck. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem.

Username: Killdanzig

Garden city, Mi

Post Number: 1
we have a similar problem. we just had our samsung 56" dlp HL-P5685W. it's last years model but we got a heck of a deal on it. unfortunately we are still waiting to have the installers come out and fully hook up the tv and the surround sound system.

the tv is up and running with an hd transmission via cable, and the dvd player and xbox are running too. my biggest problem right now outside of the pixelization in a bug's life dvd, is the fact that my xbox has a slight delay in the video feed and what i do with the controller.

i am trying to play mvp baseball 2005, but the pitching is impossible because my button presses are registering later than the video.

the xbox is not hooked up via the component input due to the cable and dvd player using those (though the receiver i have will allow me to add the ps2 and xbox once it is installed). the xbox is hooked in via the regular rca inputs.

any suggestions or comments would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks!!

Bronze Member
Username: Helpful_smurf

Post Number: 16
I'm thinking that a better connection will help, the upscaler is working overtime with that poor quality connection. Get yourself the HD AV pack for the X-Box and try that out. I have had NO problems with my PS2 on any of my games on my HLR 5067.
I have read there is a place in the service menus where you can alter settings to eliminate the delay issues as well but that is a much more tech solution than I am able to give.

HS

Username: Thrasherdog21

Post Number: 2
I am using component cables and have set the tv to game mode but I am still having the delay.

Bronze Member
Username: Helpful_smurf

Post Number: 17
Game mode? I didn't set mine to any such thing, just plugged it in and went to it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us