Projector + Cable

Username: Bohsocks

Post Number: 1
I apologize if this is somewhere but all the ones I have seen only have to do with people trying to use cable boxes with a projector....

I hope to moving soon and (even if I don't move) I plan to buy a projector (hopefully used) to replace my TV.... Unlike everyone else I've read... my concern does not have to do with a cable box but with just the cable itself... will I need an adapter or something to plug it into the projector... can I put that cable (even with an adapter) into the projector... if so what is required to like... use my projector for cable tv?

Again, sorry if this is somewhere else and I have been missing it....

grfunk
Unregistered guest
Rob..... What kind of projector are you talking about? One of those they use in a boardroom or something like that? If you are going to use something that does not have a tuner in it like a TV or VCR, you can't just plug the cable into it. You need some kind of receiver or the cable box. You will have to connect to your projector with video cables and do something with the audio such as an external amp or stereo system. It would be good if your projector had either component inputs or at least S-video.

Post Number: 3
The projector I'm looking at has S-Video:

5 video inputs, including:
• 1 composite video
• 1 S-video
• 1 HD-compatible component video
(accepts 1080i/720p/480p/480i signals)
• 1 HDMI digital audio/video input
• 1 HD15 (compatible with HDTV RGB, component or computer signals)

My DVD player has S-Video... I know there was a way to plug cable into a VCR and use it that way... but can I plug cable into a DVD player... yeah

grfunk
Unregistered guest
Unless you have a DVD/VHS combo or a DVD recorder with a tuner. Your projector looks very nice with all those inputs. If you don't want the cable box then use your VCR or if you happen to have a DVD recorder with a tuner. Buy a HD receiver for about $200 and use the component outputs to feed your projector.

Post Number: 5
So if I was to get an old VCR Recorder... I could just connect through that....?

Ok.. makes a little more sense.... but what connects from the VCR to the Projector?

grfunk
Unregistered guest
The VCR will have RCA connectors for VIDEO and AUDIO out. The Video will go to that composite input on your Projector. It's the worse way to connect video but you'll have it. If you have a Super VHS machine, it will have a S-Video out connector. You'll need that audio system for the audio.

Post Number: 6
WOOO my next door neighbor literally minutes after this message was posted threw out his old VCR :-D

grfunk
Unregistered guest
I hope he didn't hurt it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us