Is it a horrible idea to buy a floor model when buying a TV?

Username: Gred

Canada

Post Number: 5
i'm shopping for a toshiba 34HF84, and it seems that the only one i can get is a bestbuy floor/demo model. i really want this model TV, but i'm worried that sitting on the floor at best buy being on all the time has prematurely aged the TV.

any thoughts?

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 874
Difficult to answer definitively. However, they normally carry the standard warranty. Has the picture tube aged? Most definitely, especially if it is left on the high contrast and brightness settings which is common for display purposes. I Guess I would come down on the side of caution and only purchase an inexpensive set used as a display model. But I'm a cautious fellow. See if they will throw in an extended warranty at no extra cost.

Username: Gred

Canada

Post Number: 6
thanks dale.

the sales manager offered me a good price and a 3-year extended warranty, which i talked him into bumping up to 5 years.

normally i wouldn't go for a floor model, but i can't seem to find a 34hf84 anywhere these days, so i think i'm gonna go for it, what with the extra warranty and all.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 877
Hope you have great luck with it. Toshiba is generally a very reliable brand. Take care.

Username: Peter07

Post Number: 2
I bought a 36" JVC CRT floor model in Seoul, and so far, so good but I need to get ISF calibration for it.

Username: Mr360

Post Number: 2
i say it just depends on how long its been sitting there but hey if it works go 4 it....good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us