Archive through September 01, 2005MC100
Archive through August 25, 2005daman100
Archive through August 18, 2005GRIM REAPER100
Archive through August 11, 2005Maple Leaf100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Silver Member
Username: G3n0cyde

Post Number: 185
I never mentioned modifying anything. aren't FTA receivers made to pick up free to air signal. If you decode or "flash" the receiver to open encrypted programming. That is SIGNAL THEFT. Don't do that. If you stay on the right side there are no issues. I never asked to be a leader. I'm just offering advice. please don't accuse me of saying something I didn't. In Canada, US satellite signal for private US is frowned upon but not illegal. It is considered "Grey Market." Now if you are decoding BEV, then you've got legal troubles to deal with. Fortec's head office is here in MIssissauga and I've asked these questions personally. Don't steal signals ppl.

MMMMMMMMMMMMM
Unregistered guest
FYI...stealing anybody's signal,whether Bev or Charlie is illegal in Canada..there is NO difference..Gray Market terminology is BS!..."frowned upon" ios also BS ,its illegal,plain and simple...U too will put newbies in jail or civil court with huge judgements against them...kmow what U are talking about before U speak...and U can ask any $7 hr person U want...how about reading your own laws knucklehead!...and dont try to be be coy with words, cause you're NOT!

Bronze Member
Username: Bib_macintyre

Post Number: 12
MMMMMMMMMMMM
We can have a whole thread on this subject. MC only mentioned dont touch signals in Canada if you live there and vise versa.

Charlie is not licensed here(CANADA). This subject came up when we were cracking DAVE, plenty threads on that. Not 100% legal Not 100% illegal. I agree with MC. My 2 cents worth. BIB.

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
MMMMMMMMM. Again you go off the handle. Who said anything about signal theft. I actually support a few police here in Toronto with their own systems. Unless your mainstream, they won't touch you. No big words then, just Shut The F*ck Up and Know Your Roll!!!

Bosox
Unregistered guest
MC....don't get mouthy with me kid!...I forgot more than U will ever know!...and have been around this for many years...don't tell me my ROLE, you ignorant stupid non spelling bastaerd..

U said "In Canada, US satellite signal for private US is frowned upon but not illegal"...thats is bogus not true information...U are misleading newbies here or are more ignorant than I thought!..The RCMP and CRTC,and courts have a different view of the law than you!...why do U think Canadians get Charlie letters or are jailed!...or U are too ignorant to know of that..

demonic
Unregistered guest
i went on dsscentral and saw that they had something on there that read "fta later day for bin.text later day is on 11-30-2005 do not use n2 no n2 for new bin" What the hell does that mean! Is there going to be a whole new flash at the end of nov.? this was directed to pansat,koolsat,viewsat and all other ftas.does anybody know what this means?????????????????????

whatthefu...
Unregistered guest
so i just downloaded the newest bl file onto my Pansat 2500A. had no luck,so i scanned both sats. that only effed up channel lists, but i get goltv and nasa (free channels). what the hell is my next step?

Sam I am
Unregistered guest
Hellos all:
I downloaded 282 bin on my fortec lifetime ultra.
I have superdish installed by DN. I do not get any signal on any of the horizontal transponders; because of this, I am not getting any TV station on 121, missing a lot of them on 110 and 119.
I should mention that the same receiver with the
same dish was getting all the channels on Niagravision.
MC can you or ANYONE has any helpful suggestion?

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
All I will say BOSOX... You called me a "non spelling bastaerd" You spelled b*stard wrong!!! I'm done with your petty argument. Many agree with me so we'll leave it at that punk. Oh Yea... GO YANKEES!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
SAM I AM. Email me mic69hael@gmail.com

Ano
Unregistered guest
Anyone lives in Florida?

Can you use only one DTV trible LNB to retrive signal from 110 & 119 simultanously? Trible LNB, as you all know, I suppose, has 4 lines out. From two of these lines out you use the switch DiSEqC 1.2 so that you can scan two sats for one box. Inshort, I want to know if anyone in Florida success of using one receiver, one trible LNB DTV disc to get all channels from 110 AND 119 birds?

Ano
Unregistered guest
Anyone lives in Florida?

Can you use only one DTV trible LNB to retrive signal from 110 & 119 simultanously? Trible LNB, as you all know, I suppose, has 4 lines out. From two of these lines out you use the switch DiSEqC 1.2 so that you can scan two sats for one box. Inshort, I want to know if anyone in Florida success of using one receiver, one trible LNB DTV disc to get all channels from 110 AND 119 birds?

Bosox
Unregistered guest
MC...bast*rd was intentionally spelled incorrectly because this site will NOT allow the word to be spelled CORRECTLY...but again, U are a newbie here and know NOTHING of this site and little about "testing" DSS..maybe U will mature someday to an acceptable level of intelligence, and quit that nickle/dime little hustle U got going on here..

BTW..since U are Canadian, thought U would be a Totonto fan..U just want be a punk kid and rebel towards me like the immature kids are towards their parents..thats why your Yankee chant towards me!...or since U like USA baseball teams and USA DSS so much, why don't U attempt to become a USA citizen?...or is it that U can't passa simple naturalization test (read and write)or U've already been popped there for your petty street hustling and NOT allowed in USA..

Unregistered guest
no punches below the beltline ! !

man......this is getting so ugly.....

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
As a matter of fact BOSOX. I hold dual citizenship. I was born in NYC punk. Just because I live in Canada doesn't mean I'm Canadian. As far as me being a kid, thatz you're call. Nickle n dime. I make $$$ sure but I don't charge for free advice dude. You need to relax. I put the canada legalities to rest and you should too. I joined this forum to educate myself and now I'm using what I learn to assist others. Learn from that. As far as the bad-mouthing, it keeps things interesting in here so I don't mind. If kids wanna get vulgar, let em. I was a kid once and defied authority at every chance. let up a little and have fun. if you don't like the forum or the negativity then go visit Al7bar or DSS sites. If you're cool then stay and help those that need it. ***The issue with moved transponders can be fixed easily on a Fortec. Simply do a power scan of the connected satellites and when it's done. You will be watching RAW at 8pm on USA!!! Enjoy.

Bosox
Unregistered guest
MC...I've been doing this for years here and many other sites too...Just don't ever talk down to me again...U are the newbie,not me!

I will NOT put up with your BS remarks to me such as "just Shut The F*ck Up and Know Your Roll!!!

Bosox aka LK aka Applebee aka the Voice aka The Truth!

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
Newbie huh. Been to Al7bar lately. Are you familiar with Blacklist...

Silver Member
Username: Vibr84me

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 236
Hello - Can anyone please do the following:

Erase all the channels you have and do a blind scan on 119 and 110.

Now read all the channel data and send me the file.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Vibr84me

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 237
SO I'm making some headway - Your DTV box collecting dust may be in use very soon - also if you have a UTV (UltimateTV) and know how to do mods to it - try reprogramming it with linux and making it a dreambox and alike - actually it should handle mytheatre very well - thats what i hope lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 197
What games ypu playin wit DTV Vibe LOL!!!

Just for the record......
Unregistered guest
I know, for shure, Bosox is/was . LK, Applebee, the Voice, Casey Jones, and many others;

but definitely NOT "the Truth".

Silver Member

Post Number: 198
LOL. Now that I think about it. BoSox may very well be LK. I compared the writing style. Beuty of taking forensic sciences. I am really leaning toward that notion. JUST 4 THE RECORD... Good call dude.

Silver Member
Username: Bootlegger

Post Number: 143
Hello - Can anyone please do the following:

Erase all the channels you have and do a blind scan on 119 and 110.

Now read all the channel data and send me the file.

Just what are u looking for Vib, I have a updated channel list with all channels with new Tp setting's.Is this what your looking for?? Let me know. Got all running here. coolsa pansa viewsa. Later, boots

Bosox
Unregistered guest
MC...your implication that U are "blacklist" is ridiculous...U sound like some of the other kids here who are trippin too!...U must be doing some good drugs or have a great imagination too..

As far as me and my previous nicks here...it wasn't a "good call dude"...I admitted on the previous post who I was!...MC, pay attention dude...no need for forensic science of writing analysis...I said who I was!...obviously U cannot read, comprehend or have absolutely NO observation skills...LOL

and yes I was "the Truth" as well until someone else stole and registered that nick as well as all my others..

MC...my point here is DO NOT EVER TALK DOWN TO ME AGAIN!....I have proven my experience,knowledge, and earned respect....and U are a LIAR as to your Blacklist at al7bar identity or anywhere, because there is only one real true Blacklist at al7bar who also visits other sites too, BUT there are many imposters and LIARS such as yourself..wannabees newbies spreading untruths, bad info, lies, and scamming like a small time street hustlin punk..

boot, vibe, slohand, and helter skelter are the ONLY people here who I would have any trust in...MC is right down there with bitchboy and all the other lowlifes here..

sugarIand
Unregistered guest
what about Maple Leaf? can we trust him?

Bosox
Unregistered guest
I don't trust him...he misleads everyone...speaks half truths..but sometimes he is knowledgeable

Unregistered guest
Hey Bosox your being such a bully ....
just chill man
and no need for excessive use of force....

Cant we all just get along?

Unregistered guest
BTW.....its ok if you dont trust my sonny boy. I dont even trust him myself.
.........when he was a teenie weenie he used to steal my panties......

Bosox LK
Unregistered guest
hey kneegrows...U still got that trademark over your i's..

Silver Member
Username: Timscarlet

Dayton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 122
Hello, this is Okay Krafts again.

Yes, it is true, the new hack for Nagravision 2 is out, and working! Blacklist has cracked the code. All channels are now OPEN AND FREE!! Adult and PPV channels open!!

If you need all the info you need to upgrade your pansat, from video how to's, to uploader software, to channel lists to download, it has every software to get free channels from dish network.

This cd includes my email support if you need help in getting started, or have any question on installing.
If you need this cd, it will be available this week to fta receiver owners, it is discounted to $25.00. This is postage paid.

use this link to get the info you need to get started:

[link removed]

Bosox LK
Unregistered guest
Paypal sucks...BEWARE...read the link..

http://paypalsucks.com/

Bosox LK
Unregistered guest
MC is a kid and way too young for the 60's...he's in Canada cause he got beat up every day in NYC...other kids didn't like his trippin on the ridlin for ATDD,so his parents had to move him to a safe place in rural Canada, where he tries to run a small time hustle from his computer..(sells email addy's and DSS scams)

JUST 4 KIDS
Unregistered guest
-BOSOX LK-This is the "kid"...Iam in Canada too...And If U like I can take care of MC...
Just give us the word and where we have to go
to buy him and we will bag him 4 u..."U the
man...
_Is this Tim OK or not Bosox LK

Bosox LK 1
Unregistered guest
There will be no harming anyone...Tim is also just a small time hustler,but not a scammer,unless he doesn't deliver his product..he tells U what it is and the price,thats OK..others that sell email addy's and public files are another story...somebody will catch up to them and they will get what they deserve...its all fate..

BTW...if I was really going to harm someone,the internet would be the last place I would tell..mum would be the word..

Silver Member
Username: Slo_hand2

Post Number: 133
WOW!! MC you let out all the big guns but do you think that is the real LK I think he's gone and will not return.
Anyway Just wanted to let you know were up and running here all open and we are happy (for now LOL).

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
NP Slo LOL. Dems da lil guns. If he opens his big mouth again... He'll really see agression.

crapshoot
Unregistered guest
two trains colliding = shiit flying all over

u2
Unregistered guest
Come on Guys show some peace and united of pansat world.

u2
Unregistered guest
I need help to downlaod n2 file to pansat 2500a. Anyone? thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
u2 you have the files or need the files?

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
I won't touch 2500's Too many issues sorry U2. Unless I physically see it.

PRFRMNJ
Unregistered guest
Hey guys - Just found a upload of the lates channel list with all TP's corercted. Look it up under the "Charlie moved channels" thread. I checked it out and it's good to go. Hope this helps. BTW, it's only 110 and 119, but it's a start.

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
you need to determain if you have a clone or a real 2500, there are many posts available to check to see if you indeed have a real 2500. so READ is the answer!
are you a newbie or have you downloaded files before do you have a loader?

PRFRMNJ
Unregistered guest
MC - Did you get my last email? Let me know if you didn't so I can re-send it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
PRFRMNJ that channel list do you have a dish pro and if so how does it compare to other channel list, as far as editing and moving channels on the PC to upload to the 2700?

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
Santiago. When I get home I'll send you the channel list I have complete with 110, 119 and 61.5 All channel ID's are by city and confusing network channels like fstv are now labelled as Free Speech TV etc. Sent it to ya later. Still arranging local channels geograpically from closest to Toronto to farthest. I will send it incomplete and you can modify it your way. Good reply on the READ Slo Hand. These ppl need to learn this stuff themselves considering they own the box not us. NP answering questions as long as it isn't 100 questions like I ask to Vibe on a daily basis. LOL

Anonymous

Slo hand2: I need loader file and bin file. thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
go to future-fta.com or dsscentral.comm at dsscentral go to the file archives in the upper left hand corner and go to Free to air then your system and you will find all you need. do you have the proper cables? if not you will need to buy them first!

Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1
Slo hand2 - I have a few lists and they are very easy to edit. I've used both, Channel Master and GTools. I prefer Gtools. The answer is really the program you use to load/edit and not the list itself. But I do have a dish pro list. Send me your email.

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
thank you charlie but I have both I was trying to help anonymous with some answers

u2
Unregistered guest
Thanks! slo hand2, I'll go to get the cable. I'll let you know if it's work or not.

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
if you have a pansat you might want to go to pansatusa.com for info on what cable to buy doubt you will find the proper cable in a store might have to order from a site.

Silver Member

Post Number: 203
Slo. Send me the GTools one if it has the updated TP's. Santiago, have you updated your list yet bro. make sure you buy the right cable Anonymous.

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
MC go to the post "charlie moved channels, and about half way down there is a post from "Spanky" with the new dish pro and legacy

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
Hey Mother you know there is a reason you have to use other letters to print a nasty word, we don't want it here so keep it clean or ge gone go play somewhere that fits your mentality.

RanJha
Unregistered guest
Dreambox Q:

I have heard the dreambox is the best out there, because u can share keys/or something over the net.. can some 1 tell me how this works?

Are there support forums just for dreambox? not too many people talk about it here.

Does dreambox follow the same concept as cool*sat, pan*sat, etc - where u flash with a bin to get all channels?

Thx.

Post Number: 2
MC - I already updated the list. Got everything working pretty good. The one Slo was telling you about works on both, GTools and Channel Master.

Silver Member

Post Number: 206
Thanx PRF. Send it to me by email. You have my hotmail one right.

RanJha
Unregistered guest
Dreambox Q for MC and Vib Guy.

I have heard the dreambox is the best out there, because u can share keys/or something over the net.. can some 1 tell me how this works?

Are there support forums just for dreambox? not too many people talk about it here.

Does dreambox follow the same concept as cool*sat, pan*sat, etc - where u flash with a bin to get all channels?

Thx.

Silver Member

Post Number: 207
Dream Box 500's are good. Better or the best. Not so sure. In some ways yes. It has card sharing, so does Cool-Sat. The main superiority is Linux based operating system. I own a Dream Box 500 but ya know I honestly prefer my Fortec. Most of those special features on Dream Box aren't used yet. Again, my opinion. I am a little biased towards my Ultra. Dream Box is a great machine, just don't get suckered into paying the high prices. Cool-Sat and Pansat 3500 is just as good in my opinion anywayz.

Bronze Member
Username: Jspeeney011480

Post Number: 29
Can someone post a complete 110 and 119 channel list for fortec lifetime. I have seen some on here before and they are either incomplete or most channels not working. Also can you tell me how my disecq switch should be set up under antenna setup? Thanks

u2
Unregistered guest
Slo hand2 I got the 232 serail cable, and start to download bin file from my pc to receiver. It's not working, it's keep said: flash update fail. What's next, I'm ready to give up,or call 1-800-dish network.

Nag Who?!
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have a Multistar 2500PF which was downloaded on Sep26th.
I have a Star Choice eliptical dish with a Bell LNB.
Since it's been downloaded I haven't been able to get it to work with the Dishnet 110 satellite.
The level goes to 80% but the quality stays at 0%.
I brought the guy who sold it to me over yesterday and he had a $700 sat finder and he had my dish pointed at the right sat but the same thing, 80% level 0% quality!
Any ideas!?
I'm getting very close to going crazy, any help is greatly appreciated. Thx

Nag Who?!
Unregistered guest
Any 4ucking ideas??

I though this was a place to go 4 help regarding this type of stuff!

Where do you actually go 4 help of this nature?

Anonymous

well obviously his sat finder is no good or the lnb is no good...u need a quality of at least 70%..try another lnb.

BambiBoy
Unregistered guest
OMG..........this is getting scary

fancy dancer
Unregistered guest
yep.......this the most vicious cat-fight I ever seen

BiIly
Unregistered guest
MC is dead meat. he dont now who hes messing with

Post Number: 3
John Speeney - If you read my earlier post you'll see that I've already told everyone where the channel list is. This is very easy "read" and you'll find what you are looking for!

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
GO YANKESS!!! I will have a channel list coming out soon for 110, 119 and 61.1. I am still in the process of modifying it. Movies with movies, sports with sports networks with networks locals with locals. You get the idea. When itz done, I will make it available for download off a mirrored site.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Why is it when I load any channel list I can't get a lot of the channels. It says bad or scrambled channel. I change my disceq settings to everything and I get nothing. Someone please help. Also I flashed with 282 bin for fortec lifetime and when I go to system information it says al7bar fta 2.81 sept. 26, 2005. Shouldn't it be reading the new flash not the old one? Please help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
I am new to the channel list thing. But I do know that you have to do a factory reset before loading the channels and after you load the 282 or it corrupts the memory.

BIackIist
Unregistered guest
Im so glad everythings back to normal . :-)
now that LK went away (as always) like a dog with its tail between its legs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 211
Blacklist LOL. Are you the real deal. If so whatz up Sammi, itz G3n0

admin here
Unregistered guest
Blacklist,NOBODY wants to hear from you!You have no credibility.You cost many people corrupted TSOP's, Jtags,and semi fried receivers with your clone killer files.We want you to go away.You are either a scammer or a scammer and imposter.Either way, go away and take MC with you.

LK is a well respected peep here and at other sites,unlike you! LK has helped more people than you ever have here, and is experienced and trustworthy.

Post Number: 4
Speeney - Your flash didn't work. That's the reason you are getting the "Scrambled Channel" message. Anytime you load a bin you need to do a factory reset on your system before and after the load. Additionally, before you load a channel list you have to do the same. Last but not least make sure you have a good channel list otherwise your system will be looking for a channel in one TP while it's in another. Let me know if this helps.

BTW - The channel list I recommended to you is a good list. If by some reason you get the "Bad or Scrambled Channel" message and you've loaded bin 282. Turn the power off and back on and the channel will come in.

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
LMAO. Well respected by who? let's have a vote... Who here wants me to leave. Oh yea, only members votes count Anonymous or Guest isn't qualified. Who here prefers LK to be gone. Same parameters. Voting starts now!!!

Mr. Common Sense
Unregistered guest
Better if you both stay and help peeps out

better for the peeps, better for yourselves and better for the larger dss community.

Cools@t
Unregistered guest
Yeh stop argueing. We appreciate all help but we don't need the cat scratch fever..

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
LOL. Those who know me know me well and LK has issues with that. Votes are 2-2

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
Those votes don't count tho

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
a Coke commercial comes to mind, so lets have a Coke and all be friends and help each other and newbies to enjoy what we have, is that not why each of us came here in the first place to learn?

get wise
Unregistered guest
MC emailed me a file with a worm virus and then I got spammed daily too.Do not trust him.Why do you think he always wants you to email him or give him your email address.

Do NOT email him!

MC
Silver Member

Post Number: 194
Posted on Monday, October 03, 2005 - 12:07 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAM I AM. Email me mic69hael@gmail.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
I have heard so many ways to flash IRD. I heard turn on unit and wait to see first line and hit download. I see some say turn on ird and when it says ON download? WHich is the proper way to flash ird?

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
I doubt seriously that he sent you a "worm" you might have picked it up elsewhere, but I trust him as well as LK.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Do i do a factory reset in the menu settings or with the fortec lifetime factory bin?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Do i do a factory reset in the menu settings or with the fortec lifetime factory bin?

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
Hey PRF, Vibe, Slow, Speeney etc. You received any spam from me. If thatz the real SAM I AM. He's getting one now fo sho. I have his email and if I don't get an email from him to prove his innocence itz done.

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
Do know start the download til the channel # appears on the box after the knight rider reading.

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
Do know start the download til the channel # appears on the box after the knight rider reading.

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
Correction. DO NOT START download until a solid channel displays is on the led for more than 10 seconds. Whatever you do, don't interrupt the sequence til the channel # reappers or it says ok on the pc and on the box. Check cable connections as well.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
PRFRMNJ Do you have a Fortec lifetime. And if so, what does your system information says as far as what bin and version you are using?

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
MC making threaths to send a virus is not helping matters, I have not had any problems from you and I don't think he did either, but we all take changes when we download any attachment, I would hope that he and everyone has good virus protection and a good firewall to boot! he did not say if he got infected or did a virus protection software protect him but I think he might not have had any protection, but alas were not even sure that he is infact the real get wise since this is an unregistered name!

jam1974
Unregistered guest
i have lifetime ultra running w/freeze on the por. i never flashed the rec. my buddy did but he left town could somebody explain this stuff to me

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
jam email me mic69hael@gmail.com
Slo. No he said his name was SAM I AM. waiting for the real sam to email me back

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
MC can you give me complete instructions for Fortec lifetime ultra? Still having trouble getting all channels to come in. Alot say scrambled. I flashed with new 282 bin but my system info says 2.81t sept 26th, 2005. Don't know if that is right. Also uploaded new channel list from charlie moved channels thread. Please tell me exactly what I am doing wrong. I have my disceq switch set at 110 on #1 and 119 on #3 so no confusion. Even when I do a satellite scan I don't get all the channels I should be getting. Please help if you can? Thanks

Bosox LK 1
Unregistered guest
Do a reboot/reset of the receiver...BACK of receiver,power OFF,wait 1 minute,power ON,turn to channel 300...Do this after every new flash/bin upload or channel list,or whenever any problems.

Also sometimes the bins that you download are corrupted....Try downloading the bin from another source if the reset/reboot doesn't correct the bad/scrambled channels.

Also before you ever flash a new bin,first reflash the receiver with the original factory bin..

Bosox LK 1
Unregistered guest
Do a reboot/reset of the receiver...BACK of receiver,power OFF,wait 1 minute,power ON,turn to channel 300...Do this after every new flash/bin upload or channel list,or whenever any problems.

Also sometimes the bins that you download are corrupted....Try downloading the bin from another source if the reset/reboot doesn't correct the bad/scrambled channels.

Also before you ever flash a new bin,first reflash the receiver with the original factory bin..and always read any README files zipped with the new bin/flash..

Silver Member
Username: Bootlegger

Post Number: 144
I have never Loaded a corrupt. OOPs forgot about that Blacklist 251. You don't have to go to factory bin every time you load a new Bin. I load these unit everyday, as I sell an support them.You don't have to do a factory reset to change a channel list. Most probs with a channel list is the the swich settings. when I load a new list the switch setting is set in the bin. and i set up all the dishes, so i know how I have them set. If someone comes in that I didn't set up I ask them their settings. change in the cahnnel list , an good to go. Hope this helps, Boots

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
I seem to still be having problems with my files. Channels still not coming up. If someone who owns a Fortec Lifetime could email me, maybe I can call them and we can talk over the phone and give me step-by step instructions. Anyway, another question. I currently have a dish500 on my roof. I was wondering if maybe my lnb or lnb's are going bad that's why i am not receiving all channels. I wanted to know if I could put a directv multisat dish up with there lnb and receive dishnetwork channels? Please help. Have ahd receiver for almost 3 weeks and haven't been able to watch tv.

Post Number: 5
MC - All the emails we've exchanged have been clean. No problems on this side.

Speeney - I have an Fortec Ultra and it's been working fine. When I say "Factory Reset" I mean from the main menu. You don't have to load the original bin file before flashing with the new one, but it doesn't hurt. Just make sure you do factory resets before and after loading any bin files. One last thing, you can go to the Al7bar webside and download the "How To" manuals from there. Let me know if I can help you with anything else. My monitor at home went dead, so it will have to be during the day.

Post Number: 6
Speeney - I almost forgot! Do not flash the unit while the power is on... What I mean is, turn the unit off (from the back), then wait a minute and turn the power back on. Once the unit boots up, turn the power off from the front (you should see the hour on the front), then start the bin download.

Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 5
It is highly recommended to always clean the receiver of any previous memory or possible corruption by FIRST placing the original factory bin (lesson learned from 251).It is also recommended to do a receiver rebooot/reset after any changes or problems made to the receiver.Bosox LK above was totally correct and appears to be the most experienced peep here.You do not have to accept my recommendations but at least they have been provided.

Silver Member

Post Number: 220
Speeney, you can also read help files on www.fortecstar.com email me @ mic69hael@gmail.com if you want phone support.

David Thompson D.T.
Unregistered guest
Get Wise- You didn't get the virus from Mc. I emailed MC and he emailed me back twice, and I didn't get a virus. So even though my vote doesn't count, MC Stay.

HELP-HELP-HELP-HELP-WORM-VIRUS-FROM-MC
Unregistered guest
WARNING-WARNING-WARNING-Do not open any E-mail
from MC...He is send
everyone a WORM VIRUS...
I known three people that
MC sent a worm virous...
To!!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
name the 3 ppl lol. I'll name 3 that get emails from me. Sppeney, Vibe, PRF and Slo-Hand. Oops thatz 4. Thank you DT for the vote lol.

David Thompson D.T.
Unregistered guest
Vibe- You mentioned dusting off the dtv box, what info do you have on that or was it a joke?

Post Number: 7
Speeney - What's your email? I was born were you mentioned, but I reside elsewhere now! Send me your email and we'll figure out a way to get you up and running. my email is tclatin5@yahoo.com

MC - I use this one with people I don't know well. The email address you have is my private one.

Silver Member

Post Number: 222
This invalid Jokersssssssss guy just buries himself with every post. Do ya realize how much your spelling sucks. Sure it takes after you. Anywayz, NP Santiago I understand dude.

Silver Member

Post Number: 223
LK ran away yet again so leave with him. Think he went to martha's Cornfield or B!TCH-BOY's barnyard. Something like that.

Post Number: 6
MC..Why do you bash everyone here,especially LK.He has contributed more here than anybody the past few years.He is well respected within the DSS community.You sound like these immature kids here.I will not tolerate your behavior at sites I admin at,so remember that if you visit other sites.

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
Thrill. I really don'tcare what you think and I don't use this name on other sites. I treat ppl with respect if they treat me with respect. Bottom line is as soon as Vibe and I confirmed new bins for N2 after Sept 13, he took off. last thing he said was "DN is doing what it already did to the P8rn channels. A different stream that can't be cracked. Next bin had P8rn included and he felt stupid. Now he denies it. Ask anyone here.

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
LK is still around he's just staying away from the bashing etc. why carry it further let it die please

Post Number: 8
I really don't care too much for the who's right or who's been helping, but it appears that everyone has a different way of doing things. But just to set the record straight:

1. You do not need to reflash the original bin file prior to flashing with a new bin (I do agree that it doesn't hurt, but unlike a computer, a receiver loads to ROM and not a hard drive.) Therefore reloading factory bin really doesn't do anything.

2. Never flash a unit with it's power on! What I mean by this which I explained earlier is - turning the power off on the front!

3. Always reset factory setting (from the menu) and then reboot system before and after loading bin files.

4. The only time you do not do a factory reset on your system is when you load a channel list. But you need to do the factory reset before loading the list so you dump whatever channels you have in your system.

Never the less - all this has been said, resaid and oversaid. I've been posting here for a while and a few days ago decided to register, but those who know me, and have asked for either help or files, know I'm always available and willing to help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 225
I have Slo. U know that. If he ends all this virus crap we can get back to normal but instead he pretends he's some1 else

Silver Member

Post Number: 226
Slo. Email me your number. I have a few questions re: channel lists. I'll call you tonight. If not I understand.

Post Number: 10
MC..it is Thill1951, NOT thrill!..now you disrespect me! Why are you so disrespectful to everyone? You have an attitude problem. You even state yourself that you are a newbie and still learning how to use channel lists. Why anyone here would show you respect or follow any of your advice is beyond me.

sugarIand
Unregistered guest
"2. Never flash a unit with it's power on! What I mean by this which I explained earlier is - turning the power off on the front!"

PRFRMNJ..... every procedure for flashing new bins that I've read so far say that the receiver must be ON. I looked all over to find where you explain this, but couldn't find it. Do you mind explaining it one more time or indicating where I can find an answer. Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 227
THrill STFU. Next... Newbie to lists yes. Receivers, dishes, fta etc. Been doing this 10 years. Now you need to back off and help some ppl out. if you spent half the time helping others that you do b*tchin'. You'd be a MOD. Nonetheless your a goofball. I didn't ask for respect, ppl offer respect itz not something you demand. I get respect for helping ppl resolve issues. You wouldn't understand that tho I'm sure. I'm a newbie huh... 10 posts. Please, slow down clown.

thill1951

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
You ever see PRF b*tching. No. He just helps people, including me. He's done 8 posts and I respect him.

Bronze Member

Here are a few tips if you are having difficulty flashing:

I would advise everyone to read a set up guide before flashing. But, since people have been having some problems, I have revised this to provide more detailed information. But this is not intended to be a substitute.

1. Make sure you use the proper serial cable for your receiver:
Fortec and Pansat use a straight through cable with DB9 females on both ends.
The Blackbird and Pansat 2700 uses null (crossover) cable, which crosses over pins 2 and 3.

2, With the power turned off, connect it to your computer and receiver using the serial connector. Use serial port #1 if you can.

3. If you do not have a working serial port, you must install one or use a computer that has one.

4. Use the appropriate loader.

5. Select the file. Make sure that it is the correct flash for your receiver.

6. Select the COM port your receiver is connected to. If you do not know, what it is try #1 first.

7. Enter the correct model name and number.

8. Check off the correct function box. Your choices are boot, flash or channel list. To FLASH your receiver you would use FLASH. Most flashes do not require a separate boot; so do not load both separately.

9. Turn on the receiver power from the back switch.

10. As soon as you see the lights flash,very first light -- IMMEDIATELY press download.

11. Wait until it COMPLETES and reboots.

Post Number: 9
Sugarland - This is the reason files get corrupted. "10. As soon as you see the lights flash,very first light -- IMMEDIATELY press download." this does not allow the system to properly boot and next thing you know you end up with a door stop!

thill1951 - I agree with all your steps above, but #10 is going to cause problems.

Once you turn you system on from the back YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO WAIT UNTIL UNIT BOOTS (TURNS ON) AND THEN TURN IT OFF FROM THE FRONT. Then comence to download your bin file.

BTW - Still have doubts? Go to DSS-Testers and check out the "How to" section and you'll find the instructions. This is how I've set up Fortec receivers and I've yet to have a problem.

Sugarland - Just to clear this up one last time. What they are saying is that the power button on the back of the unit must be on! The fron button needs to be turned off! The back button turns system on and boots it. The front button only turns the unit on.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Either Nite rider lights or write failed will occur if #10 is not performed as instructed..These 11 simple basics are common knowledge and posted at all reputable sites throughtout the Dss community...these are the very basic and most commonly used steps to flash a receiver..this is a "sticky" at almost every site in the FTA world,which has never caused anybody problems that I know or to any member of any site that I have ever visited (thousands)..U are the only person who has ever made that statement at any site I frequent...but its OK to have your own opinion or disbelieve everyone else's proven practices/methods or beliefs..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
This is not a proven practice! This is a proven step followed by all Fortec Technicians! But You can take the advice for what is worth as well as all others here. Anyone who programs computers (which is what you have in a receiver) knows you never interrupt any sequence being boot or load as it will currupt anything on it.

last but not least here is the step by step instructions by Fortec:

1. Make sure Ultra is OFF from master switch in back of unit (to position "0")
2. connect the Ultra to your PC or Laptop using the straight through 9 pin RS232 Serial Cable.
3. Plug in and turn ON Ultra with the master switch (yes, the one in the back again to position "1") - Channel number should display.
4. Power off with the FRONT PANEL power button (the big silver button in the middle of the unit) - Clock will appear on display.
5. Start Fortec STB Updated Ver 3.0 or any other working updater you prefer. The default setting for this one should be: COM 1/115200 baud, this can be changed if need to suit your pc/lapton setup.
6. Select "STB Model" box type.
7. Next open your bin file: Al7bar FTA Ultra ****
8. Select "Flash Rom File"
9. Click "Download"
10. At this point a progress bar will display on your computer screen informing of the current completed "Write" process.
VERY IMPORTANT you must wait for 100% completed message box!!!!
11. Once complete Click OK - Unit should reboot itself.
12. At this point either load a channel list or do a scan...
These instructions are given to all Fortec Technicians and YES, I am one of them. So forgive me for trying to help people rather then allowing them to get @^%#&.

Bronze Member

BTW - Ask anyone who's gotten either files or help from me! They are up and running. Oh yes, you can ask Speeney as well. As of 6:00pm today, he's up and running to.

defender
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know where I can get the latest channel list for sat 110w including radio

thanks

defender
Unregistered guest
Also how do you upload the channel list on a pansat2500a

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Those instructions are NO different than what I posted..my 10 is same as your 9...DOWNLOAD..but timing is very important on DOWNLOAD,so as to NOT get night rider lights or write failed...I have experienced both and read 1000 posts from site members who had difficulties flashing and all was caused because my #10 download was NOT done immediately..afterwards,U must wait until it reboots and comes to a channel,then do your scan or whatever..

MC..Do NOT ever speak to me again..Obviously U do not know of me..was an admin at dsscommunity for many years..and other sites (dssware,dssbuzz,dsshideaway etc)too...U are a punk loser with no respect or class..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Defender - channel list should be under the "Charlie moved channels" thread. GTools is the way to go.

defender
Unregistered guest
PRFRMNJ

I just sent you an email. Plz send the list for me thankx alot

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
defender - sent. check your email. I'm out for the evening.

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
PRF. send me your modified list and your number. i'll call ya this weekend

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
MC - I sent you the info via email.

defender
Unregistered guest
PRFRMNJ,

Thanks I got it....will let you know if there is any thing else

Anonymous

Here is an interesting post! Found it under the "LK can you help" thread.

"BTW..... LK can help you, but now he changed his nick to "thill1951". He hangs on this thread"

And this is the same guy questioning PRF about proceedures? LK - Stop givin out bat info. Anyone here wants to follow you, go ahead. I'll stick with what works. Thanks PRF!

Silver Member

Post Number: 230
We know Thrill is LK. Thanx for noticing tho. PRF is a good guy and you can trust him, even if ya don't trust threads.

Username: Reyjav

Post Number: 1
Hello, I am new to this site and wanted to see if anyone out there would help me to get started on the right path as far as info on what kind of box i need to get started or how to program my card.
I have a 301 reciever with yellow and blue cards that i used up until the card swap. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!
jkreyes5@aol.com

JCHack
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know if it is possible to get
free satellite internet?

Bronze Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 72
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/suggestions/22.html

Direct all complaints here, just paste a link to the thread.

Silver Member

Post Number: 236
Vibe, Thatz why we took a break dude. How u been MB

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
TV went down last night. Wondering if anyone else had the same thing. Let me know.

MR. BIG
Unregistered guest
Everything's working fine for now.

BUT YOU BETTER BE PREPARED
'CUS DISHNET IS COOKING SOMETHING VERY NASTY
COMING THIS NOV.

blahh..blahh
Unregistered guest
john...nothing went down last night except your wife.

mr.big...my nasty long big diick is cuming on your face this november...hahahah

Silver Member

Post Number: 237
I have checked with my customers. No interruptions or missing channels. Speeney. Better do a hard rebott (turn off switch on back and then turn off front button, then turn switch on back on again) and your problems should be solved. ;)-~

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Eveything still working good on my end and no unhappy customers.

MC - Nice to see you're still alive. Got your email, still working on that. My PC at home went down and I'm still fixing it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 238
LOL. Itz all good PRF. How u holdin' up wit Wilma. Any concern there or you too far to the West.

Silver Member

Post Number: 222
With Wilma , U can't be too far to the west (unless U don't live in Florida or possibly the Panhandle)..its going to hit SW (west) coast of Florida... I know that I'm right directly in the middle of the cone, so I know from Charley what to expect..good luck to all those in this area...hope all our homes and families remain safe..

KIZZ-ME-AZZ
Unregistered guest
Yes, and I hope that the cone
S
U
C
K
S
you up and u land on the moon, U fat
F
U
C
K
I
N
G
son of a
B
I
T
C
H
(B1TCH-BOY "RULES")

Silver Member

Post Number: 239
Thrill. Even tho u and I don't see eye to eye. Be safe and all the best. I hear Wilma is a monster. Godspeed to you and your family.

Silver Member

Post Number: 241
Thanks MC...appreciate the thought..we will be fine..I'm not a extremely religious person but the Lord does watch over babies and drunks ...LOL..if thats true,then I will be fine but my family is another story...(just joking)...actually we're looking at a cat 1-2, so thats a piece of cake now...but I will have to stock up on the brew and crank up the generator..tie down the boat...heck we'll just have a hurricane party, I got my in laws, my mom, and friends and their dogs, from up North here now visiting at the house...Its what U call an old time Irish bash...we will survive and have a good time while we're at it!...thanks again MC!

B1TCHeeeeeeeBOYS
Unregistered guest
A Thill are U and MC doing some Butt
F
U
C
K
I
N
G

sounds like U two are
S
U
C
K
I
N
G
each other dick...Can I join you two and Butt
F
U
C
K
both of U at the same time!!!!!!!!!

(B1TCH-BOY "RULES")

Bronze Member
Username: Dramous

Post Number: 11
hello very body
i got this receiver and i dont know what loader or bin file to use to flash it
HELP HELP HELP HELP PLEASE PLEASE
Upload

ARE-U-TWO-UP-FOR-THE-JOB
Unregistered guest
_MC & Thill_ This is B1tch-boy, me and my friend
Kne-grow want to come where U two
birds are and we are going to Butt
F
U
C
K
the azz o out of you two.....
S
U
C
K

IT

Silver Member

Post Number: 259
U faggo*ts can't beat your own meat...your 50 IQ mentality is ridiculous...maybe U'll learn something from watching those chimps U have for parents..even though their IO is only 55 COMBINED..

SHE-LOVE-TO-S-U-C-K-IT
Unregistered guest
OOOOOOOOOOOO, is that right, that dirtbag U
call a wife loves to take me and my friend
Kne-grow on at the same time....How does it
feel knowing that we are fu@king that
S
L
U
T
you call a wife....Fats-oooooooooooooooo

(B1tch-boy & Kne-grow)
("RULE")

FATssssssss-OOOOOOOO
Unregistered guest
I can beat your azz FATSoooooooooooooooooo...
Anytime anyplace in Canada....

Silver Member

Post Number: 262
U faggo*ts are hallucinating again huh!...see if any of the other chimps have some ludes to bring U down..

BONITA BEACH
Unregistered guest
Wilma ain't SHIT I LIVE IN BONITA BEACH AND HAVE ME SAIL BOARDS READY AND WAITIN FOR SUM KILLER WAVES

KEY DANGER
Unregistered guest
AHHHHHHHHHH..........WHATTA DUMB FATSO

IF I WERE U
I WOULD GO IMMEDIATELY TO A SHELTER

(JUST AS J.B. SAID)

Anonymous

Hello
I have a nagravision decoder.
what files do i need to set a card to watch the channels using nag2 ?
Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 369
decoder?....card?...need some specific detailed info from U!

Anonymous

What is the latest bin for a pansat 2500 clone ??

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
I see nothin's changed. I go away for a few days to NYC and I come back to the same lame azz newbs. Least Thrill is putting you monkeys in your place.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us