Comcast high def on my JVC

Username: Kstonich

Post Number: 1
Yesterday I had Comcast hook up a HD box to my TV. I have a 2003 JVC i art36". Never bought the HD converter as there were to few stations but at the store it looked great in HD. Anyway the tech hooked it up and it looked lousy and when I looked in the manual it said to attach it with an DVI connecter, ok go to best buy and get a ultra 600 1m cable and hook it up. The picture quality looks ok but not as good as a DVD. This morning the kids were watching a regular a movie (broadcast) and the screen goes out? Sound was fine but no picture the screen was black. I work second shift so I removed the DVI cable and install the component video cables and the picture comes back. Has any one experienced this before?

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
Sounds like a bad cable box. Who is the manufacturer? I would have Comcast come out and swap out the box.

Username: Kstonich

Post Number: 2
I had them out today, they swapped it out and this time set it up to 1080 as the other tech had not done so, much nicer picture . One thing I do notice is that when I run it through the DVI cable the picture is much darker than when its run thru the components.? any ideas. I see no better picture with the dvi cable and at $120 I'd just as soon return it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us