Comcast vs Tivo vs Recorder

Username: Phil1919

DC

Post Number: 1
I have a decision I've been pondering for a few days and I'd like any advice/suggestions anyone is willing to share.
Last week I went and got a DVR(40hrs) from COMCAST, for $60+tax per month(no movie channels). I began to think to myself how wonderful the DVR record/playback feature was and immediately thought to save some more money seeing how my cable bill is usually no more than $20 a month. I went to Bestbuy yesterday and purchased a PANASONIC DMR ES10S dvd recorder in thinking 60 * 3months = $180 dvd recorder. As I'm using my friends reward card he tells me to check out TIVO. Guess u can tell what I've been doing all day at work. One tivo system inparticular, TOSHIBA TX-20 140G HD dvd Recorder, free basic tivo $300+. Also researched turning my PC n2 a media center, but not real feasible since they're on opposite sides of the room, and the upgrade seems to be more than $300.
Heres the dilemma, I like to keep my monthly bills tight w/o all the bells n whistles except when I can catch a special. Besides paying $10 to rent something is waste to me. I'd like to invest my $$ in something thats mine to keep. I'm kinda skeptical about TIVO staying around for the long haul as well as DVR tech is coming out 6/8 months.
I don't have HD or Digital TV. Use S-vid for dvr cable and component for my dvd. Most likly in 3-5 years I'll invest in HD or sumthing obscenly big,
And diretv. (when I buy a house)
I'd like to know opinion wise WHAT would be the best way for me to go?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us