Convergence Problem

Username: Jayz

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 9
I need help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Convergence Problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone tell me what adjustment on the CRT, is for the Horizontal control.
I'm having a problem with the Blue CRT, Getting it on the same plane line as the Red and Green. When trying to adjust the three CTR's , the Blue gun projects off center of the plane line . High on the left side, okay in the middle and low on the right side, which is throwing everything out of kilter.I changed the coolant recently in all three CRT's and quality of picture is really sharp and clear. I now need to know how to fix this problem.
Does anyone out there have any answers?
1996 Magnavox 55" Rear Projection #6P5440W103
Any help at all would be great
JayzUpload

Anonymous

I'm sure you have tried to degouse!

I think this is a question for the poet.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/126816.html

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 10
I am a novice at this, can you explain degouse to me please. Jayz

Anonymous

Some sets have a degouse button you can press to demagnetize the screen. Sets that don't have this built-in feature can be demagnetized with a degousing loop used by a tv technician. CRT screens become magnetized for various reasons including, but not limited to, temp/humidity, static electricity, internal and external energized sources, ect. Even the way your set is aligned with the earths magnetic field can have an effect on the electron guns. When you can't seem to get a proper adjustment it might be circuitry related or it might be magnetic forces causing one or more electron guns to not trace or track correctly. I'm not saying it's your problem, but it doesn't hurt anything to degouse first and see what happens.

If you have a three CRT projection tv you will probably need a technician.

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 11
To Anonymous,
I really want to thank you for your input.
George.........aka ...Jayz

Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 7
George: You need to go into your setup menue and realign your CRT's. I'm not sure exactly how to get to the alignment page on this TV but a little trial and error will get you there if you don't have the manual. ONce found you will see a series of hash mark crosses, using you left right and up and down arrows you will be able to line all the colors on the black crosses.

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 13
Hi Casey,
Thanks for your input. I have tried doing it by the cross on convergence. But I can only go so far with that. About a month ago I just changed all the coolant in the three CRT's. After I put them back in the set, the only one really off is the Blue gun. It seems to be off the plane line.
Would you know if the locked focus ring >look at photo < might be the answer to getting it back on the right plane, the other two adjustments in the photo{ Top and Bottom } control left and right, and up and down, but not the plane line.
Any input or help in this matter, would be great.
George
Upload

Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 10
SORRY GEORGE BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THE INSIDES OF A TV I'M LOST
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us