Hookup cable box to DVD recorder and Vcr

Username: Coldbeer65

Streamwood, Illinois

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone.. New guy here.
Just want to hook up an inexpensice DVD recorder
and VCR. My tv needs that adaper (Modulator)
for out ( red-white-yellow)
Currently have a cable box for HBO..

All I want to do is play a DVD, copy a DVD, & copy a VHS to DVD. Like to possibly copy a football game from tv say to VCR.
I am not very smart when it come to this new technology as I am 70 years of age.
Sure would appreciate any help.. Not looking for super this or digital that.. Located in Streamwood, Illinois.. E_Mail address:
bobs-email@excite.com

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1239
Connect the VCR to the DVD with RCA cables and set the recorder on whatever input you used. If the cable box has RCA outputs, connect it the same way, if not use coax. You will have to select the input you used for cable recording too. Connect the coax out of the box straight to the modulator if the box has RCAs, if not connect to the recorder and the recorder to the modulator. I'd suggest just using the DVD recorder for recording, not the VCR. DVDs are cheaper than VHS and the picture quality is far better. With your TV it would be easier to not have both set up for recording.

phart buster
Unregistered guest
Just hang up dummy.

phart buster
Unregistered guest
Oops. Wrong thread.

Username: Jtadams45

Sidney, Oh USA

I HAVE A DVD RECORDER VCR COMBO RECORDER AND ALSO PLAYS I'VE TRIED EVERY HOOK UP I CAN AND I CANNOT GET IT TO SETUP OR FORMAT IAM HOOKING UP THROUGH SATELLITE BOX TO TV ,CAN ANYONE HELP ME ?

Unregistered guest
I have a Comcast DVR and I'm trying to hook up a DVD Recorder and VHS. I'm having problems getting the DVD Recorder to work. A big problem is with the DVR from Comcast, there is only one spot to put the cable in from wall. There isn't an output. I have already spent hours and hours and still cannot figure it out. Has anyone run into this problem with the Comcast DVR???

Gold Member

Post Number: 1282
It has to have an output or you wouldn't be able to watch it.

joelh17
Unregistered guest
you have rca outputs and component outputs on the back of a dual tuner motorolla cable box.

Username: Lrampone

Bradenton, FL USA

Hi. Going crazy trying to hook up my HD Ready TV with cable HDDVR to new DVDR/VCR combo we just bought. Cable guy had used component cables (r, bl, gr) between the cable dvr and tv. How do I put the dvdr/vcr combo in between the box and tv? According to all diagrams I have seen, I don't see any extra component cables used. And can't find how to use s-video cables either. I have two s-video cables and only one set of component cables. Please help... and can you also email to lrampone@tampabay.rr.com? Thanks!

Username: Lrampone

Bradenton, FL USA

Post Number: 2
of course, I also have plenty coaxial and rca cables...

Username: Joanie

Warminster, PA USA

Hi
I've been working on this little project for days. I have my tv and dvd/vcr already hooked up and then I bought a dvd recorder now the problems begin.....I have it hooked up to record from my tv but can not figure out how to hook dvd recorder to record from vcr? There are options to record from A/V1-front A/V2-rear, S-Video and DV. I'm really new to all this stuff. Thanks do appreciate your time for helping me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1576
Connect RCA cables from VCR to DVD and set the DVD on whatever input you used.

Username: Joanie

Warminster, PA USA

Post Number: 2
RCA cables they are the red/white/yellow cables? I have done that it only lets me record off my tv. I don't know what A/v 1 or A/v 2 are they the connections either front or back? when I connect the cable do the cables go in the dvd input or output?

Username: Katnap

Edmonton, London England

Hi Good People,

Would appreciate any help for the following.I have a Alba DVD player & a Philips DVD recorder,is it possible to make them region free,so i can play/record Amercian etc DVDs.
Any help would be most grateful,many thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us