HDTV Monitor/HD Ready - Requires separate receiver to view HDTV signals

Username: Uhphikap

Post Number: 1
"HDTV Monitor/HD Ready - Requires separate receiver to view HDTV signals"

What exactly does that mean? This is in regards to a Mitsubishi WS-55313 TV that a friend of mine is selling for $1200 (it's only a year old and was rarely used) and I want to make sure it will work with Dish Network HD Satellite and/or Time Warner HD Cable. Will I need any additional equipment, or does the box they provide serve as the "separate receiver" that will provide the additional HD boost??

Also - from what I can tell, this is a good TV...anyone have any bad/good things they'd like to share about it? I was considering getting a JVC HD52Z575 brand new, but for the savings, what will I be missing other than extra space? I know the Mitsu is a monster TV compared to the 85 lb JVC, but the savings are significant...is there anything else I should be concerned with?

Thanks in advance for the help...just bought my first home and I've actually got space now for nice electronics, and I need a little guidance, as I've not been keeping up with all of this stuff.

fx
Unregistered guest
"or does the box they provide serve as the "separate receiver" that will provide the additional HD....."

Correct!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us