NEED HELP...WHICH TO BUY?

Username: Marvel

CANADA

Post Number: 1
I'VE BEEN DOING ALOT OF RESEARCH LATELY AND I WANT TO GET A RP LCD. PROBLEM IS WHICH ONE? I THINK I'VE NARROWED IT DOWN TO HITACHI AND SONY I DON'T HAVE MODEL NUMBERS HANDY BUT I'M LOOKING AT EITHER A 50 OR 55 INCH MODEL. I GUESS I'D LIKE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE WHO ALREADY HAS ONE AND ANY PROBLEMS I SHOULD LOOK OUT FOR. THE TV WILL BE USED FOR EVERYTHING, WATCHING THE NEWS TO DVD'S TO PLAYING VIDEO GAMES. ANY INFO ON THIS WOULD BE GREATLY APRECIATED I WOULD LIKE TO PICK ONE UP NEXT WEEK.

THANKS A LOT FOR ANY FEEDBACK
M

Anonymous

Welcome to the forum!

By the way...
All "CAPS" is considered "SHOUTING".
Some forum abusers have been doing quite a bit of it.
It might offend many people who would otherwise help you, so, unlock your CAPS button, please

Take a look at the new JVC D-ILA LCOS sets.
They are much better than regular LCD.
The refresh rates have been greatly improved.

CANADA

Post Number: 2
Oops, I'm not mad at anything and didn't mean to apppear to be shouting. Thanks for pointing that out Anonymous. So can anyone help me out with my question?

Thanks

Anonymous

Between Hitachi and Sony....I say Hitachi!

The parts are higher quality and the workmanship is better according to technicians who work on them.

Uh..oh...here come the Sony defenders!

It's true, though. Just ask the chinese poet!

CANADA

Post Number: 3
Anybody else? I know I want a RP LCD but I'm not stuck on only Sony or Hitachi any info on any brands/models would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Pugcharlie

N, E, PA USA

Post Number: 93
I am very happy with my Sony KDF-50WE655 and thought that the Hitachis had much more obvious SDE. On my 50" Grand Wega I don't even noitice it. On the 70" Hitachi SDE is scary!

Bronze Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 19
I have to agree with Steve. SDE on the Hitachi was way more noticable, even on their 50" TV's. Plus they use that reflective glass screen protector. If you have a bright room, you will be seeing alot of yourself when watching it. A good friend of mine had a 50" Hitachi for about a week until it fried something internally. The screen went black and the burnt odor permeated through-out his house. He took it back and bought a Sony. He has not had any problems with his Sony. Personally, I have had three Sonys and had a problem with every one of them. I even had problems with a Sony DVD player that I puchased a few years ago. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but my experience has not been totally favorable with Sony. I do like the picture quality on the Sonys though.

dealer 4567
Unregistered guest
Mitsubishi will have their LCD RPs out at the end of the summer. If you have to have an LCD rather than DLP I would wait and check them out first. Honestly, if SDE bothers you I would get a DLP instead. Screen-Door-Effect is practically non-existent on most DLPs.

Unregistered guest
my sony 46" rear projection tv is a bit oveer 5 yrs old- just went out of warranty, all of a sudden i heard a pop sound (all other tv's in house working fine-no interruption of electric) i saw a circle of colors, then picture went black, and I could smell a burnt odor. Any idea what this means?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us