Question About Making VHS Copy of DVD

Scott Caleb
I have tried 3 different types of video stabilizers to make VHS copies of copyguarded DVD movies for my kids, and with each one, there are about 20 thin blue horizontal lines across the screen when the tape is played back.

The latest stabilizer I used is a Sima Copymaster. The only way the lines disappear is if I use the "black and white" switch on the unit, but then the video is dubbed in black and white.

Anyone know what the problem might be? I have tried using 2 different DVD players (Samsung & Apex) and 3 different brands of VCR (Sharp, JVC, and Panasonic). Please help!!

Anonymous
Scott,

I'm wondering the same thing. Have you had any feedback? If you have info. on which stabilizer works the best, please e-mail me.

thank you.

Scott Have you tryed an RF modifier? They say that is what is needed to get ride of the encryption that they do on them. I know that is what they say for my Apex DVD player. But if you will notice I possed a simaliar question in the DVD board.

Username: Max

Tecumseh, ON Can

Post Number: 1
Transferring VHS to HD via AIW128. Lip sync at this point of playback is okay, However transferring from HD to DVD lip sync is about 1 second or more out of sync. Movie Factory 3 was used to tranfer to DVD from HD. Do you have any ideas as to how to mainain lip sync?

JR
Unregistered guest
guys try the new DVD/VHS recorder from Zenith. it retails for $499 at Best Buy. It will let you record from vhs to dvd and it will also let you record from dvd to vhs!!!! so go and check it out!!

Username: Bucketweet

California USA

Post Number: 6
Checkout this website:
http://hometheater.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.facetvideo.c om/

The Clarifier Macrovision Killer should be cheaper than a new DVD/VCR combo.

I've never tried this unit so I can't vouch for it.

Good luck

Unregistered guest
Has anyone used the DVD/VHS recorder from Zenith. (retails for $499 at Best Buy). Does it really work. I have many old moives late 30's up to now. would like to move from VSH to DVD without going through my computer. And what are cost of blank DVD's..........

Unregistered guest
Hi, i was wondering if someone could help me, I bought a dvd burner to make home videos the problems is no matter what I do I can not seem to get my DVD's to play in the XMS Dvd player but it will play in a couple of others. A fare few of my friends have the same player so I need to know how to do it please help me!

Anonymous

Could you please let us know what is the DVD burner you have? Some DVD recorders do not like burned disks and some dvd burners do not burn disk good enough to let dvd recorders read it.

Bronze Member
Username: Foudemusique

Montreal, Quebec

Post Number: 11
durek whre can we find an rf modifier

Unregistered guest
I have a TV/VCR and am trying to play a DVD player through it. I tried an RF modulator with no success trying both the cable jack as well as the video in and out and still have a problem with the brightness fading in and out (similiar to the copy protection experienced when trying to record a VHS tape). Any suggestions?
j_idle

Bronze Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 79
You can't play a DVD through a VCR because of the copyguard, you need to hook the DVD straight to the TV or use a stabilizer.

Anonymous

guys check this links here..and all your problems will be resolved
http://www.usbyte.com/common/dvd_to_vhs.htm

http://hometheater.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.facetvideo.c om/

Inara
Unregistered guest
Go to Jaycar Electronics, they have the best Video Siognal Stabiliser that I can actually vouch for. I use it every few days, I have been able to copy any Macrovision (+ others) copy-protected dvd's and vhs videos. It (the stabiliser) is called 'video doctor' and I bought mine for $70, atm it is $59. I can actually copy any copy protected dvd (all forms of macrovision, there are a few different sorts) with two stereo vcr's (Samsung stereo vcr's) plugged into the dvd player (XMS brand dvd). :-)

I highly reccomend the above stabiliser, for I have not had any copy protected dvd/vhs that I can not copy with it plugged in and turned on, I have done a fair-few, believe you me! *g*

Unregistered guest
Inara, Does the Video Doctor plug into electric and, if so, did you have to have anything special to make it work using our electric wall plugins. If not electrical powered, then who does it work?

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 278
Have you tried the Sima CC2?

DCRN
Unregistered guest
If I have both a VCR and A DVD hooked up to my TV, can I put a DVD into the DVD player and record it onto VHS with the VCR?

Bronze Member
Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 20
Yes and no, yes because theoretically it should work, no because DVD manufactures put copy protection on there movies to stop this vary thing. Like it has been said many times in this forum you need a video stabilizer to remove the copy protection, I have never used one but I have found success by running my DVD player through my video capture card on my computer and recording the video to my hard drive and then sending it out to VHS from there.

Anonymous

Hello.
I am posting this message as a warning to those about to purchase an advertised program called
"DVDWIZARDPRO"
You are wasting your money.!!
The promise of being able to copy PS2 CD's amongst others, are text files telling you to purchase other CD copying programs (Clone CD) and you also need to install the "Mod Chip"
The 90 day money back guarantee... forget it.
All E-Eails I send to request a refund are rejected by their Spam Blocker"

Unregistered guest
I ordered some VCR tapes from some music cometitions my son was in in 2000, a friend copied them to DVD using a seperate VCR recorder to the DVD recorder. The sound/video syncronization is off....why, and how do I get around it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1306
You would have to copy from the tapes again, preferably with different equipment, if the sync isn't off on the tapes.

Unregistered guest
VHS Movie to DVD - I have several VHS movies that I purchased and would like to burn them to a DVD for my grandchildren. I get a copy prohibited message. Is there anyway around that since I own them? Thank you....

PS: I'm a fairly novice computer person....please email me with your ideas.

Unregistered guest
VHS Movie to DVD - I have several VHS movies that I purchased and would like to burn them to a DVD for my grandchildren. I get a copy prohibited message. Is there anyway around that since I own them? Thank you....

PS: I'm a fairly novice computer person....please email me with your ideas.

Username: Jakefreeman8

Lizella , G.A USA

How do you copy a Dvd movie to tape. I do not know were to put the cords in to the Dvd player and the Vhs player please help my grandmother wants to watch some of the movie that are only on Dvd thank for you time. I HAVE CABLE DOES THAT HELP OR HURT ME. Again Thank you for your time. P.S.And she does not like Dvds Thats what I need help to do this.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1577
If they are retail DVDs, they can't be copied without a stabilizer. Unless they aren't protected, which is rare.

Unregistered guest
I have a DVD recorder and a dvd player connected to my TV. What do I need to copy from the player to the recorder?

Unregistered guest
VHS Movie to DVD
I have several VHS movies that I purchased and would like to burn them to a DVD for my grandchildren. I get a copy prohibited message. Is there anyway around that since I own them? Even using my computer?
PS: please email me with your ideas.

Thank you

Gold Member

Post Number: 1833
digital video stabilizer

Anonymous

My doctor has given me a DVD with the results of a catherization I underwent. I have taken it to another doctor who says that he can only read VHS. Could you convert from CD to VHS and what would this cost? I am not a "techi" and would be willing to pay someone to do this. Does anybody know a company that could do this? Please email me at mmeslip@verizon.net.

hell-yes
Unregistered guest
You can easily copy ANY DVD to VHS !!! _UCK the stabilizer nonsense. Don't listen to those idiots trying to sell you some equipment. The trick is all you need is an older VCR, which has the red, white, & yellow inputs.

Granted, the VHS copies are not as good as the DVD (obviously), but I can get a great copy of any movie !!!

vcr
Unregistered guest
Hi hell-yes!
The trick is that the older vcr do not have the chip sensitive to the copyprotection system, so if you don't have an old vcr, you need a stabilizer to get around that

Username: Lolly444

i have just copied a DVD onto VHS using a DVD/VHS combo player without any problems. The DVD came from an online rental store. Can the fact that the DVD was copied be detected?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us