Need some help here...

Ryan T
Unregistered guest
I just bought the panasonic dmr-es10 dvd recorder and need some help. I also have a Charter DVR from Motorola called a moxi or something like that. I can not figure out how to record some of the things that I have already recorded on the DVR. Any help would be great!

thanks a lot,

Ryan

fx
Unregistered guest
Connect either an S-Video cable (and an audio connection) or a set of RCA composite cables from the MOXI to your Panny.

You must then play what you wish to record.

xvxvxvx

Ryan T
Unregistered guest
What channel should my dvd recorder be on then?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1203
No channel, whatever line input you used. There should be an input button on the remote.

Ryan T
Unregistered guest
I have tried using the S video and audio connection and all I got was the sound with no picture on the TV. I then tried the RCA cables and still nothing.

A little more information...

I am connecting the Moxi to the DVD Recorder and the DVD Recorder to the TV. I have the plugs plugged into the Inputs (been switching them around and the same thing is happening (no picture))... I am trying to record a movie that I have on the Moxi...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1206
Are you setting the DVD recorder on whatever input you have the moxi connected to? If there is no input button on the remote, go through the channels till you get to the right input.

Username: Ryan_t

Post Number: 1
yeah I am putting the DVD Recorder onto the input channels

Post Number: 2
I get the sound of the movie that is playing from the moxi (onto the DVD recorder) but no video of the movie.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1207
How is the recorder connected to the TV?

Post Number: 3
i tried both s video and rca cables and still get no picture

Gold Member

Post Number: 1209
Are you setting the TV on whatever input you are using?

Post Number: 4
yes... I get the sound but not the picture when I use either the S video or RCA's

Gold Member

Post Number: 1212
Connect whatever outputs you are running from the DVR straight to the TV and see if you get anything.

Post Number: 5
I can play a regular DVD from the DVD recorder and can see the movie and hear the movie..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1213
Connect the DVR outputs you are connecting to the DVD recorder straight to the TV and see if you get a picture.

Post Number: 6
yeah I get a picture when I connect the DVR outputs to the TV

Gold Member

Post Number: 1226
Have you tried a different input on the recorder? You're not trying to use s-video and composite at the same time are you? Have you tried connecting something else to the recorder to see if it works?

Post Number: 7
hey sorry its been a while since I last posted... I have not yet figured out my connection... I have tried different inputs on my recorder and still nothing. I have tried this (and got the same problem with both) The problem was that I get sound but no picture...

1. I tried this:

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/dvd_recorder/dvd_connection5.asp

I did that but not step 5 because I have no clue what it is...

2. This is from the manual...

(Right now I was just using the RCA cables just because it is what is shown in the manual)

wall to splitter. One cable to Cable box and the other to VCR. Cable box RCA to DVD Recorder (into in3 like it says). VCR - RF Out to TV RF In. VCR - RCA Out to DVD Recorder In1. DVD Recorder - RCA Out to TV In.

Still get no picture from the Cable Box (which is a DVR). I'm trying to play a movie that I recorded. I am getting the sound from the movie but no picture.

I know my electronics but this one is just killing me. I have also tried to do a few other ways but I can't remember what I have because it was just things that I was just messing around with and was still getting no picture. What I am thinking is that there is something wrong with the DVR's picture or the DVD Recorder... Any help would be great! And thanks for all of your help already.

Ryan

Username: Markaveli

Hi i've got a jvc dr-mv1s/dr-mv1b and i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a code to unlock the regions. If anyone knows can u please e-mail me a.s.a.p. on mark_a_wiegold@hotmail.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 1245
Can you get a picture from the VCR, or is it just audio too?

Post Number: 8
I get picture and audio from the VCR

Gold Member

Post Number: 1249
Have you tried connecting the DVR to the input the VCR is on?

Anonymous

hello, we bought JVC dr-mv1s/dr-mv1b. which is the dvd+rw disc good for it?
We've got a box of Memorex DVD+RW 1x-4x 4.7GB 120min. But it has to have an firmware to use for this JVC and we can't find the correct website.
So please help us to find another dvd+rw disc.
brunyi74@hotmail.com
Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1385
JVC doesn't do +R, you need DVD-RW, DVD-R, or DVD-RAM.

brunyi
Unregistered guest
Thanks David!
Could you suggest a type of DVD-RW?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1392
The only ones I've ever used are Fuji. Some people here have complained about them not working in Panasonic recorders though. I used them in a JVC and they worked fine. Best Buy has them $10/5. You need 2x discs, 4x won't work, unless they have a firmware update.

brunyi
Unregistered guest
Thanks again!

Username: Wlfpc24

Post Number: 3
Ryan

Were you ever able to get the ES10 to work? I just recently got the same model, and was running into the same issue you had. I can get the sound, but no picture from the DVR.

This is the second model I've tried without success. The first was Magnavox (MRV640 or something like that), and I couldn't get anything from the DVR. Maybe I should try a third model, and it will get picture and sound. :-(

Danny R
Unregistered guest
Since we got our "MOXI" we cannot use our VCR and/or DVD players. Would like the option to choose which one at a time, but have no idea how to wire them together. Neither did the cable guy they sent out! RCA TV, Motorola MOXI, GO-VIDEO VCR, and APEX DVD. Anyone know how to make them work ???

Danny R
Unregistered guest
Need info on how to connect an RCA TV to a Motorola "MOXI" cable box and be able to also view our VCR & DVD. The cable guy gave up....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1625
If your TV doesn't have enough inputs for all of them, buy a video switcher.

Frantic
Unregistered guest
Using RCA cables I've hooked up my LXI 4 head vcr to my Sylvania tv, I'm getting great sound but no picture. I've tried mixing the jacks and am getting the same results.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1723
Connect to VCRs output to the TV. Everything is color coded, yellow/white/red. If it doesn't work, you may have a bad cable.

Username: Stellamonsterr

Hi,

What VCR make & model did you get to record both video & audio. Our Sony won't record the audio but our video is just fine from our Charter DVR with Moxi. I am looking to replace the vcr but would like any suggestions on what one to buy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us