Comcast Digital Cable box/DVD Burner

Username: Dereksttufnel

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone,

I need to ask a question that I get a different answer to every time I call Comcast.

Presently I have regular cable (no box). I'm running the cable thru a Panasonic DMR-E80H DVD Burner. This works really well as I use it to change channels and also go to my three inputs (playstation2, VCR, and Videocamera). So I'm using one remote and I can record anything at any time to the hard drive just by pressing record. I can also watch something different on the TV while I record since the cable is also programmed into it.

I just purchased a Samsung HD ready LCD TV. I realize that to maximize the picture quality, I'm gonna need some Component Cables and Comcast Digital Cable.

My question is: Is there some sort of A/B button or something on the box that will allow me to continue to use my DVD Burner as "command central." I'd like to have cable reception in three places, the TV, The Burner, and the box. So basically I want to use the box to power up only and do all the navigating and mode changing with the DVD Burner remote control. The burner has only one component out (480).

I've been told yes, no, I don't know and one guy told me the digital cable box had no inputs or outputs.

This problem can't be unique to me. But these Comcast Tech Experts are killing me.

CB

fx
Unregistered guest
This problem can't be unique to me.

Don't bet your life savings on this proposition.

I don't understand how you are able to watch something other than what you are recording since the Panny has only a single analog tuner. Are you running a seperate RF coax cable from a splitter directly to your TV?

Nevermind the above, I see you are passing the cable signal through the E-80.

I guess I just don't understand your question or why you would have this goal.

xvxvxvx

Username: Dereksttufnel

Post Number: 2
The goal is to only use one remote - the DVD burner that's programmed to control the TV and the three inputs.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1205
I'm not quite sure I get it either, but with digital cable you need to use the box to get the digital channels, the DVD tuner can't be used.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us