I hate Demo Mode

Unregistered guest
Hiyas. As the subject line suggests, I hate the demo mode on my Sanyo DS26050. The main reason for this is the fact that my 8 year old sister turned it on on this 15 year old TV and neither my parents nor I can get this to turn off.

Now she did this once before several years ago, and it was easily fixed when we loked in the owners manual, however, this time around we cannot for the life of us find that book, nor can we find it anywhere online (for free that is).

And so I beg of you, if anyone knows how to turn off the demo mode, please help, it's been on for nearly a week now, and it's driving everyone mad.

The buttons on my TV are as follows:

From right to left. Power, Channel up, Channel down, Volume up, Volume down, Video Mode, (then off to the left side of my TV smaller buttons) Auto Color, Program, Channel, and CATV.

I've tried every combination of button pushing and hold times, because I know I fixed it directly on the TV last time, yet I still am not doing something right obviously.

As another note...I no longer have the orriginal remote that came with it, so I can't try anything on that route.

Thanks in advance.

Russell Durham

Anonymous

Russell,

I have the exact same model and problem you do. We had a bad lighting storm here in Apple Springs, Texas, and my TV has been bragging about its features ever since. For example, you have probably been inform that your TV has Quartz tuning, On-screen display, auto shut-off, A/V Output jacks, MTS stereo and SAP, comb filter, etc.

You know the irony here, is the only feature I really want is the ability to turn off it's F-ing demo mode.

I too have no remote! We are losers, man!

Lonnie
http://www.lonniebest.com/Music

Russell Durham
Unregistered guest
I finally have decided to just put down the $20-30 to get the dang remote.

The thing I don't understand though, is that my sister was able to turn it on without the remote, why can't I turn it off without the remote?!?!?!

But oh, well...I guess it's cheaper to get the remote than to buy a new TV (though that though has enter my mind several times).

Le sigh.

Russell

Username: Theoaks

Post Number: 1
Russell and or Lonnie...have either of you had any luck getting your TV back to normal? I am experiencing the same problem. Let me know what to do if you can. Thanks:-)

Anonymous

Hello All,

Just had the same problem as you folks on my Sanyo TV. Problem solved by pressing and holding the MENU button on the remote, while aimed at the TV, for about ten seconds. I suspect you could also use the menu button located on the chassis.

Worked for me. Hope the same for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us