Mitsubishi VS-5046 Projection TV Flickers Red, Green, Blue

Username: Jillybean

Post Number: 1
I have a Mitsubishi VS-5046 projection tv that is flickering red, green, and blue horizontal arched lines across the screen. It has sound and you can change the channels but the video will rarely come on. When it does, it is only on briefly, then goes back to the flickering of the RGB, or displays nothing at all.

The problem originally started by the video flickering out to the RGB lines once or twice but coming back on right away. Then it would take a little longer, and now it won't stay on hardly ever. When it does stay on, it's only for a few minutes. This only took about 2 weeks from the start of the problem until now.

I talked to the H.H. Gregg store where I purchased it from and they said it could be the light engine (?) and probably wouldn't be worth fixing if it is that. They said they would charge a minimum of $100 for diagnostic if a tech. came out and diagnosed the problem and I didn't want to fix it.

Has anyone seen this problem before? I thought maybe it was one of the 3 tube things, but when it does come on, the picture is still fine and all three colors display just about equally when it is flickering the colors. My fiance did notice that one of the tubes had what he called a "jump" in it that the others didn't.

I don't know, any help would be appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us