1080i vs 720p in gen. and specifically w/sony 34xbr910

bigfan
Unregistered guest
i am seriously considering buying a sony 34xbr910. in addition to 480p, this tv has native 1080i, but not 720p. my understanding is that the tv converts 720p signals to 1080i. my questions are:
1. does this cause any problems when watching programming that is broadcast in 720p (ie, ESPN HD)
2. do any crt's or plasmas exist that are native 720p AND 1080i? or do i have to choose one or the other?
3. do any crt's exist that are native 720p only (not 1080i)? if so, are they a better choice than tv's like this sony that are 1080i?
any help is much appreciated.

Anonymous

Reliable sources (including Sony) indicate the KV-34XBR910 crt set does indeed display native 720 progressive scanning images.

Anonymous

...My Bad!

The review I read claims it displays native 720p. As you know Sony specifications indicate it "accepts" 720p signals ...read on and one will find the set interpolates to an interlaced resolution.

Go for it! You might be looking for answers until the year networks start broadcasting 1080p. That's it for help.

Anonymous

•For the price
•For a great picture

The KV-34XBR910 will not irritate your eyes ...Reading this message on your computer monitor might though.

The money you save is better off elsewhere.

Johnny Hart
Unregistered guest
My local shop told me there will be a new 34 inch XBR WEGA this June. Even though it will probably not be much more advanced than the 910, perhaps you should wait to buy. It should not cost anymore than a 910!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us