Mitsubishi WD525 and HD DVD player problems

Techwonder
Unregistered guest
I bought the Sony 720P DVD player and an HDMI cable and hooked it up to my Mits. The HDMI output light never lit up and the screen was blank when I selected the MONLINK input. I checked all the settings on the DVD player and still nothing. I was just abut to call Sony when I remembered my neighbor bought a new Fujitsu Plasma. Hooked up my player with MY cable and it worked great. Went back home and tried again but no luck.

Then I thought it must be the TV so I took the cable and connected my HD cable box to it via HDMI. THAT worked so the TV seems to be ok as well.

Anyone have any ideas? Am I missing something.

fx
Unregistered guest
Yes,

Your Mitsubishi display likely will not accept a 720p input. Since you did not state which model no one but you will know for sure.

xvxvxvx

Techwonder
Unregistered guest
I posted the model in the Thread title.
"Mitsubishi WD525 and HD DVD player problems"

It is Dlp and definitely displays 720p. I wrote that it works with the Cable Converter and 720p.

Thanks for your attempt though.

fx
Unregistered guest
Oops! I typically read the contents and ignore titles. MY BAD! OK, after some research it must be the WD52525. As you said it will display 720p and accept a 720p input. Which Sony DVD player is it? Is it the DVP-NS975V? It seems like you have narrowed it down to that.

xvxvxvx

Techwonder
Unregistered guest
yep that's the one.. I am going to call Mitsubishi tonight but I was hoping to get some insight into the problem before they start sending me through hoops or back to Sony support.

The HDMI blue light does not light up on the front panel of the player but it did on my friends Fujitsu.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us