Samsung 42 inch projection tv picture problem

Username: Donald44

Post Number: 1
tv picture looks 3d and the auto picture perfect focus only goes to 4% now. anyone having this problem

nicole fahey
Unregistered guest
hi don

We are having exactly the same problem with our Samsung TV. Any ideas how to fix it?

nicole.

Unregistered guest
We are having the same problem too. Just woke up one day and all colors are off line and red looks warped.

ryding
Unregistered guest
I've recently purchased this TV, 42" Samsung HLR
,and it's been about 3 weeks now. I recently noticed that when I switch on the TV, the screen is very reddish, seems like it couldn't produce blue and green, even though I switch the channel, the picture just shows the color red, in different levels, the whole picture is very reddish. I have to switch off the tv, wait a bit and switch back on again then it'll be back to normal. This doesn't happen everytime, but happened just enough to worries me a lot. This could be an indication of larger problem in the future right?

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 103
Answered on another thread.
Possible cable or connection problem.

ryding
Unregistered guest
Thank you for quick response... but how would there be connection problem when I'm only viewing local TV stations?
There's only the cable directly connected to the TV.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 105
Good question!

That's the worst of all the connection methods.
I'm not sure if you have a set top box or straight cable, but a digital or component Pr, Pb, Y connection is the best.

A sure way to rule out the set as having a problem is to hook up a DVD player through one of the above connection methods. If a DVD plays fine every time it's cable related.

ryding
Unregistered guest
Thanks FYI, I'll give it a try. Hope it's not the TV itself...cause I was worried about mechanical problems or the spinning wheel got stuck and couldn't produce other color than red...or something like that....

Unregistered guest
I am having the same problem mentioned above, but it appears that there is a bow in the picture both at the top and bottom. I tried some of the cable connections but this did not resolve the problem. Any ideas or suggestions about what else to try?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us