Please Help!!

Username: Soarer

Post Number: 1
My mom recently gave me a TV that she damaged and I was wondering if it was possible to fix. It is a JVC (flat screen)20" color tv.. this one..

http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL026828&pathId=72&page=1& archive=true -

The problem is in the back, she moved the TV stand and it ripped the thing you plug the cable cord screws in to, completely out.

My question is.. a) What is the name of that part the cable cord screws into? b) I opened the back off the tv, and saw it was soddered to some sort of motherboard thing. So.. Can that be unsodered and replaced with a new one? If so, where can I get that piece? Would radio shack have a universal one? Maybe one from another TV would work?

I am a little clueless as of what to do, except bring it to a TV repair store. The manufacturer warranty already expired so I wanted to fix it cheap.

Any help or replies would be appreciated. My email is Soarer924@yahoo.com. I also have the setting to mail me when someone replies here, so can someone drop me a few lines?

Thanks again,
Brian

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 796
Brian, of course it can be repaired. But the cost of repair may come close to replacement price. Don't fool around with the innards unless you know exactly what you are doing. I assume you are referring to the rca jacks as being ripped?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us