COMPARISON-LCD WINS HANDS DOWN

CHOPPERR
Unregistered guest
Magazine - Sound & Vision: June 2005

DLP vs. LCD

LCD wins, according to (3) Video experts, David Ranada, Al Griffin, and David Katzmaier. All (3) recommend , and prefer the LCD technology, as do I.
LCD had fewer problems with critical program material compared to DLP.

DLP:
Bright blacks (Blue tint background)
"Dirty-screen" effect (fixed-pattern noise)
rainbows,color wheel noise,fan noise,clay face,smudging.

LCD:
Better contrast(most crucial)
Deeper black (Better dark backgrounds)
Better picture detail
Picture unifomity (scored equally)

Makes you wonder why large movie theaters prefer LCD techology...Hmmmm...

ogbuehi
Unregistered guest
Did he read the same article I read? The one I read said DLP won by a half a point. I personally still prefer lcd over dlp but the experts have spoken. I don't think hitachi is the top model in the lcd rp field. I've compared the sony and hitachi side by side and the sony has less of a screen door effect than the hitachi did.

Bronze Member
Username: Klaus

Holiday, FL USA

Post Number: 65
Og:
Again CHOPPERR is a hijacked logon from our school puke. Admin wipes his posts eventually. I think they are also contacting his Internet provider to work on litigation, although it is in his mommy's name. I would hate to be in his PJs when she gets the letter about that!

Username: Helpful_smurf

Post Number: 7
Yep, it's pretty pitiful. He'd probably have more fun back in the Playstation vs Xbox forums where stuff like this would actually get a rise out of someone.
The article he mentioned handed the prize to DLP over LCD on nearly every count. I think they might have been a bit charitable to even have called it close.

HS

ogbuehi
Unregistered guest
I guess I'm not too hip to the hijacking thing then. I'm not sure who a hijacker is and who isn't.

Bronze Member
Username: Klaus

Holiday, FL USA

Post Number: 67
Og:
The only way to be sure that someone is not using your logon is to register. Unregistered guest means anyone can use whatever you used as a logon. Since you are unregistered I could use ogbuehi and say that the homeland security council should round up all lcd owners and put them in concentration camps until the war on terror is won. Everyone would think that was your opinion. The bottom line is register users! it is the best way to show authentic opinions.

ogbuehi
Unregistered guest
I think CHOPPERR is right on with the article,and you other people need to wake up and smell the lcd.

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 349
Will the camp guards let me play with my little rubber duckie?

Anonymous

The one thing about taking on someone elses identity is that intelligent people, unlike yourself, know the personality of the original user.

The above opinion is obviously not ogbuehi's post.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us