Sony Wega Television - Model KV-13FS100

Silver Member
Username: Vindsl

Post Number: 201
I bought a 13-inch Sony Wega, the other day, and wasn't expecting much. But, boy, was I wrong?!?! This thing rocks! How in the hell did Sony pack so many features into a $179 TV? A replacement lamp for my Sony GW costs more than this TV!

This proves it. Sony is the King of Miniaturization!

I'm even gonna write a review for Epinions, I'm so impressed. I save my best for that place, since it's a 'cash cow', and this definitely fits the bill. If anyone is looking for a GREAT 13-incher to lug around the house, this is the one!

http://ecoustics.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=617909

Username: Mart1gen

Post Number: 6
Is this the same guy who sees nothing but "blue" on a CRT screen? too funny! :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
Yes, it's true, I hate CRT's. Technically speaking, though, my baby Sony Wega doesn't have a CRT (cathode ray tube). It has a Trinitron CPT (color picture tube). And, as a matter of fact, I'm typing this post using a Samsung CDT (color display tube) monitor, not a CRT.

Laugh if you will. After all, ignorance is bliss, but take the word of someone that CAN see a difference - this is the best 13-inch TV on the market! :-)

Peas
Unregistered guest
Now you think such a thing as a CPT exists? Mister you are off your rocker. Your Sony does indeed have a CRT, a CPT is a figment of your imagination if you think it isn't comprised of a CRT. You backpedalling on us sir? I have seen other posters complaining about your lack oif litercy, now I understand why.

Peas

Peas
Unregistered guest
Oops, I am accusing you of being illiterate and I mistyped "literacy" and "of" as well! Not illiterate here just a rotten typist.

Peas

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 386
no, not a rotten typist, just a rotten personality.

Silver Member

Post Number: 203
LoL! Why am I the one that always has to explain this stuff?

I hate to tell you this, but there are substantive differences between CRTs, CPTs, and CDTs. This is NOT simply marketing hype.

If you think a 'CRT' is a 'CRT' is a 'CRT', Peas, you're the one that's mistaken. Sony invented one-gun 'aperture grille' displays, e.g. Trinitrons, in the 60's. Sure, it was 'CRT' based, but it isn't a 'CRT' (in a catholic sense) then or now - even though you will find the acronym 'CRT' sprinkled throughout the Sony web site. Since their patent[s] expired, there are some Trinitron clones running around these days, but they don't have the same PQ as a genuine Trinitron.

When I wade into a sea of TVs, at places like Ultimate Electronics, I can spot Sony Wega TVs, et al, 100 ft away. How? They're brighter and less blue than ALL the rest - and that's a fact, not just an opinion!

The larger point is, this is a wonderful little TV; deserving of the Sony Wega moniker. I seriously doubt Sony is making any money on these. How could they be? Think about it. You might as well take advantage of them, for once... :-)

Peas
Unregistered guest
CRT = Cathode Ray Tube

Sony CPT = fancy name for a Cathode Ray Tube

Tvelve or a dozen, take your pick.

Peas

ps: Joe you are a good little stalker. Got anything useful to comntribute? As usual I thought not.

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
Thank you for the definitions, but I'm confused about...

"Tvelve or a dozen, take your pick"

Are you saying there isn't any difference in design between a TV picture tube and one made for a computer monitor, for instance? Or, are you saying they're all the same to you - no difference in color, resolution, and so forth, as far as you can tell?

Bronze Member
Username: 4u2ges

Post Number: 12
No, what he's saying is, that it's still a CRT (Cathode Ray Tube). Regardless of the technology it was produced with, specifications or the product it is use in.

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
LoL!

Well, you guys finally did it! I'm speechless... :-)

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 763
As we all know, Vin is highly opinionated. That's ok except for the fact the he is frequently wrong about CRTs and everything else. Speechless is a good thing for him. I hope he keeps up the good work.

Silver Member

Post Number: 206
Hi, Dale! I was wondering when you would grow some 'nads and chime in...

So, where am I wrong? Is the Sony KV-13FS100 not the best 13-inch TV made? Is the FD Trinitron not the best color picture tube ever made?

Your words: "CRTs still give the absolute best picture but they are heavy."

A Sony Wega KV-13FS100 weighs 26lbs. 7oz. Is that "heavy" in your "opinion"?

That's the topic here, not whether I'm a nice guy, or not. Or, am I wrong about that too? :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 774
"he is frequently wrong" Learn to read. No one is wrong all the time-not even you. But it's close. CRTs give the best picture. Ask any objective expert. You don't have to believe it. Just go on about your usual way.

engine giver
Unregistered guest
Vin is dumbo who knows little.

phart buster
Unregistered guest
Vin, CRTs may come in different configurations but they all operate on the same basic principle. A Great Dane and a Chihuahua don't really resemble each other. But they are both dogs. Or didn't you know that? Engine is right.

fx
Unregistered guest
I see others are now observing that Vin's posts tend to be opinionated and generally innacurate. Notice how he refuses to acknowledge his mistakes? It is this that causes your loss of credibility Vin. You really should limit your posts to asking questions and allow others to offer accurate answers.

xvxvxvx

Silver Member

Post Number: 208
Bwahaha! Now, it's the attack of the alter egos - the 'unregistered' comic book characters...

Keep 'em coming, 'Dale'. This is fun! :-)

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 403
I was born a baby, then I grew and grew and grew!
That's what I call an ego, Taken from vins website under the "about us" link.
hmmm maybe we should leave Peas and Vin to it, they seem to be on par with each other.

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
LoL! You sure about that?

An egotist wouldn't buy a 13-inch TV. Even if he did, he wouldn't broadcast it on the web...

Silver Member

Post Number: 777
Yeah he would. So he could gloat about what a smart purchase he made. Your actions belie your words. It's a shame that you haven't figured yourself out yet. Everybody has.

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
Thanks for the left-handed compliment, my friend! It WAS a "smart purchase", wasn't it? :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us