Another RDR-hx900 question. Connection question

Anonymous

Reading the RDR-HX900 manual before I buy it...yep, I'm a little compulsive... I note that they say Do not connect more than one type ov Video Cord betwen the recorder and TV at the same time. They tell you to connect CATV to DVR to TV.

BTW My box from Sa7an-Comcast only has Coax out

Since the RDR-HX900 doesn't seem to allow you to watch and record simultaneous programs at the same time, it would seem to me that you get into an arm wrestling match with your DVR over what you and it want to watch...and it has the set top box controller, so you lose.

So if you want to watch a TV show and record another at the same time, and your TV has only one Coax input (plus Composite and S) ....you could split the coax before the CATV box and run one to the TV; and the other one to the CATV box and then to the DVR, sending component cables out to the TV set.

So my Sony RDR-HX900 can record anything (at least anything I can find from the O:{o> comcast/sa7an epg) by changing the CATV channel and I can still watch my split coax feed.

Only downside I can see is that I can't watch premium channels while it records.

Am I making sense? Or overcomplicating this?

John Traynor

engine giver
Unregistered guest
You make um no sense. Recorder simple to use. Try DVD recorder for dummies volume 1.

Anonymous

Engine giver

I'll speak more slowly

The RDR-hx900 changes cable channels using an IR blaster. As such, I cannot watch one program from the cable box while the Sony is changing channels on the CATV box.

As a result, I have to split the signal before the box

BTW, you put the U in Stupid.

Unregistered guest
I have been trying to find a solution for the same problem John. How is yours working after you split the cable?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us