Laptop (w/o S-Video/DVI) to TV (only w/CV)

Username: Zarp

Post Number: 1
Hello-

I'm trying to hook my laptop up to my TV. My laptop is a Clevo D-470W case... but it has no S-Video, only a connection for an external monitor. My TV, an older (1997) 32" Sony Trinitron XBR (unfortunately, not the newer WEGA) has S-Video jacks available as well as component video. I'm not that familiar with video ports, but I'm pretty sure I recognized these. My question is, at any rate, is there any way to convert the external monitor signal to S-video (as in, is there a cable)? Alternatively, is there a way to hook it up in any fashion through a USB2 setup? Is there hardware that can support this? I looked through a Techlore section, but couldn't seem to get what exactly to do with my particular setup. Help would be much appreciated.

Username: Lolly8

Markham, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
hello i am trying to hook my dell Inspiron 1000 laptop to my toshiba tv but in my computer in display properties my second video card showing only 8-Bit colour and i don't have any image on tv. it just black screen.
i don;t have a s-Video on my laptop i have a 15-Pin Vga but i bought a wired with 15-pin Vga to S-video from e-bay so that cable is ok to see laptop screen on my tv?????

My tv has a NTSC mode but i don;t know the my laptop have which mode???? teell me that if some body know about Dell Inspiron 1000 Mode.

please advise

Bronze Member
Username: The_nerdly_guy

Post Number: 38
zarp,

I found the answer to your question at TechLore. It wasn't in the article, but a post in their forums:

http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/12578/

The answer was given by Matt Whitlock, who's the same guy that wrote the popular Techlore article, so I'd trust that it's true. He also answers a lot of questions in their forums, so you may want to try posting there, too if you need more help.

lolly patel,

I don't think those 15-pin to s-vid cables actually work. You should check out that link above. It should answer your question, too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us