DVD TO TV TO DVD

Username: Aocain

Post Number: 1
I'm not exactly good at electronics- so i'll try to explain the best i can. i have a dvd vhs recorder and a regular dvd player. i wanted to copy a protected dvd it won't so i thought if i ran one dvd player to the tv and the tv to the dvd recorder- it would bypass the protection because i'd be recording the tv.
but i can't figure out how to do it- i used to do it with vhs to vhs- but ugh...
i have a:
*older rca tv- it has one cable jack and the red white and yellow plugs
( i tried to plug them in and play- didn't work)
*cable box
*cyberhome dvd player only has the plug type hookups
* sensory science dvd vhs recorder- plugs and jacks

i hope ya'll can help me-

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 708
You'll need a video stabilizer or access to a computer with DVD decryption and a DVD writeable drive.

Post Number: 2
what kind of stabilzer? where could i find one?
i do have a laptop with writable dvd on it- but its even more confusing to me than just doing it on the tv and dvd players/recorders.

Silver Member

Post Number: 710
There are several types. Some use Red Pro. I prefer Sima products. From what I pick up from the threads, Red Pro is less expensive.

Post Number: 3
I'm confused- whats the difference between macrovision and the copy protected- the red pro says it only detects and removes the macrovision. and if i copy this disk- can the rental place tell? it says it removes the protection.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1092
Do it on the PC, it won't cost anything. DVD Shrink is all you need.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1093
I didn't see the rental part, no they can't tell, but it's not legal.

Post Number: 4
ok does dvd shrink take the protection off? i have no idea how to do this on my computer.i tried to download it onto my computer and it wouldn't because of the protection.

Post Number: 5
ok i got dvd shrink i got the movie on the computer but the burn programs i have are mainly cd-music . i found nero- i downloaded it the free trail version( i don't have 99.00)and as soon as i tried to open it it said my tail had expired!
so are there other programs that are good out there?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1094
DVD Decrypter, when you go to burn in shrink it will give an option to burn with decrypter, it's free too.

Post Number: 6
ok i got decrypter downloaded opened and backed up in shrink i think i did it right but where is the option to burn i don't see it- i have shrink3.2

Post Number: 7
i also keep getting mds not supported

Gold Member

Post Number: 1095
When you click backup, under target device,there will be a pulldown with the option ISO image and burn with decrypter.

Post Number: 8
Thanks! I finally got it!! it works great.

Silver Member

Post Number: 714
David, how is the quality compared to copying from DVD through S-video jack? Is it easy to delete from the hard drive?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1101
Depends on how much compression is required to make it fit on the disc. If the disc is under 4.7 gigs, it will make an exact copy. If you don't care about menus, alot of movies will fit on 1 disc with no compression, making an exact copy. If they don't fit I just split them and put it on 2 discs instead of sacrificing quality. Unless you keep all the menus and everything and the compression is high, it will make a better copy than with a standalone. If burning with decrypter there is an option to delete the image when done, if not it's easy to manually delete.

Silver Member

Post Number: 723
When you say exact copy, do you mean including Dolby Digital sound when included on the original DVD? David, when you get some free time, please send me a private email advising as to where I can find and download Shrink and Decrypter and provide basic info on how to do this stuff on computer. No rush on this and thanks a lot. You're a wealth of information.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us