Need advice!

Username: Woolagen

Post Number: 3
ok, im going to get a new hdtv. im looking to spend between 400 and 700. i looket at the sanyo 30wide at walmart- no dice, its sold out everywhere.

can anyone make a recommendation? im trying to get one asap since my old one is busted.

thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 709
Your price point eliminates almost all sets except the Sanyo and perhaps some Samsung models that I can not recommend due to continuing reliability issues. Do some research. Possible you could find some deals out there.

Post Number: 4
point is ive done hours of research... looking to see if someone has any tips.

i found a philips 30wide with built in tuner at bestbuy for 750. good deal?

Post Number: 5
Take a look at this RCA set pls.

TIs more than I wanted to spend, but seems like a very good deal:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6980332&type=product&productCatego ryId=cat03006&id=1099388906715

If I get digital cable will the fact that this is only HD ready be a problem?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1097
RCA, Philips, both cheap problem prone junk.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 713
I agree with Massey. But your current budget limits your choices. If you insist on any of these problem prone tvs, you may want to strongly consider the extended warranties.

Post Number: 6
thanks.

im alittle sour on sony, because of what ive heard about their cust service.

if i am going to get digital cable from comcast, they provide a box with tuner for a small charge. do you know if this tuner is required? in other words--i dont plan on getting stations over the air, just via cable--so will i save monthly charges with the built in tuner, or will i still need to pay for that? I read on consumer reports that you will still have to pay, but the article was a bit outdated.

I've seen top name hdtv 30wide tvs for 800 or less. but that is without the tuner that would otherwise be several hundred.

what would you consider to be the brands that are reliable. i dont need the best, just something that isnt trash.

thanks.

bhill
Unregistered guest
Here in Chicago the HD Tuner box (first tv) is "free" with your monthly digital and 5.00 per month HD access charge.

You do not save money by having a built in tuner. However, if you do use an over the air antenna you can get your basic channel HD free.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1111
If you have access to Consumer reports, look at the 5 year breakdowns for the size TV you want. Last I knew Sanyo, Panasonic and JVC were some of the most reliable. I haven't looked in a couple of years though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us