Toshiba 44NHM84

Username: Rgwillis

Post Number: 1
Anyone have any experience with this model? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Sandy 23
Unregistered guest
Here's a good thread to read!

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/16961.html

Anonymous

I have had the barely newer version, the 46HM94 for about 6 months. Great performance! But lamp blew...TV is now deceased on it's a$$. Toshiba says they are very sorry I am having trouble, and will replace the lamp if they ever get any more in stock....

Bronze Member
Username: Dmill

Bellevue, WA

Post Number: 14
Have had this model since 2/1/05 and love it! Size and price ($1999 at Video Only) dictated this selection. Having the HD2+ chip is also a plus. No problems (knock-on-wood) whatsoever. Hooked up via Monster component cables to Comcast in the Seattle area. No rainbows and HD looks like a continuous post card. Amazing.

My only nit is that standard definition (SD) can be "grainy" at times, but it seems to be better on some channels than others. Still, SD is quite viewable. We have (I believe) 17 HD channels that we watch 95% of the time, so SD is a non-issue. I do wish SPEED was HD ... ;)

I am wondering, though, if I should have a spare bulb on hand (per the above post) ... just in case. Otherwise, no disappointments. fyi

Username: Ppartlo

Post Number: 1
Here's an issue with the 44NHM84 that I haven't seen addressed so far. Vertical lines at the top and bottom of the screen flare out slightly. Particularly noticeable when watching SD pictures with the black bars down the sides. Also noticeable when you view the test pattern through the service menu. Thoughts/suggestions on how this can be adjusted on the set? I have not formally calibrated the set yet. Do the Avia/DVE calibration DVD's address this type of geometry issue?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us