HDMI SWITCH

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 700
If you have two components, one with HDMI output, the other with DVI, is there a switch that will allow connection of both to send video to display device with one HDMI input. I've seen switches with two HDMI in and one out. But will they work if you use adapter or cable (DVI-HDMI) assuming you also connect audio cable for use when DVI component is selected.

fx
Unregistered guest
Here you go Dale, this will work.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-wxJb5Fz8XAE/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=10420&I=033AV580 5B

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

xvxvxvx

Silver Member

Post Number: 794
fx, thanks a lot.

Silver Member

Post Number: 795
fx, checked the site. I didn't make myself clear. I'm just looking for a selector switch that will accommodate HDMI and DVI. The Gefen switch, according to certain threads, will not transmit the DVI signal, even when using a DVI to HDMI cable or adapter. I really don't understand that, but this is what some of the posters on the thread maintain. Your thoughts and assistance will be greatly appreciated.

fx
Unregistered guest
Dale you were clear, I guess I was just not funny. :-) I thought a $6000.00 receiver might seem amusing. Oh well.

Here is a real link and all these switches will transmit any Digital signal capable of passing thru the cable. For that matter so will the Gefen.

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/DVI-HDMI-switchers.htm

xvxvxvx

Silver Member

Post Number: 803
fx. Sorry. Sometimes after reading some of the bullsheit on this forum (present company excluded, of course), my sense of humor goes bye bye. Thanks again.

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 162
fx it was amusing lol I use that same model off crutchfield to show trainee's what they can look forward to connecting at some point in their cable life. The normal reaction from them is "Holy S**t"
Dale, compared to some of the other forums in this place I think we've got it pretty easy in here. Whenever I want a good laugh I go read the SAT threads...man talk about annoying! It's always nice to see you guys posting some useful info in here, and even the occasional humor ;o)

Nice link btw fx, bookmarked for future reference
regards,

Username: Jeffsu

Norcross, Ga Usa

Post Number: 1
Hi Guys,
There is a 4 port HDMI switch available at http://www.octavainc.com. Since it is HDMI, it is also backward compatible with DVI-D.
The nice thing about this switch is that they allow you to pick and choose exactly the type of cables you need, HDMI or HDMI to DVI. So you can customize it to your system.

Regards,
Jeff

Unregistered guest
Hi Guys,

Do any of you know anything about the other off brand HDMI switches that can be found on eBay? Most are cheaper than the Gefen, but have the same specs. I'd almost assume that they are all the same hardware with different lables on them.

THANKS

Username: Cerealkiller9

I have a DVD player that has a DVI output and I'm using a DVI to HDMI cable that works great. I just bought a 2 port HDMI switch box from NWCA, which is a local company where I live (PDX, OR.)

I should be able to test it tomorrow night and see if it works correctly. The switch was only $120.

WWW.NWCA.COM

Username: Cerealkiller9

Post Number: 2
I installed this 2 port HDMI switch box at home and it works great.

http://www.nwca.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=products.showDetail&header=Keyword%20Se arch&subheader=Results&productID=5698&flag=Standalone

Username: Jeffsu

Norcross, Ga Usa

Post Number: 8
HDMI will continue to be the de-facto standard in home video transmission for 2 reasons: 1) uncompressed digital format ensures the best picture quality and 2) HDMI allows content providers to ensure that their intellectual property is protected through HDCP.

It is clear that more equipment such as Cable/Satellite Set Top boxes, DVD players, HD DVD players, Personal video recorders, video game stations, and computer video cards will adopt HDMI/DVI. However, many early-generation HDTV monitors only had 1 or 2 HDMI input leaving the early adopter no way to easily add HDMI enabled sources. Furthermore many Surround Sound Audio Receivers do not include HDMI switching.
Upload

To help early adopters who are in the " I only have 1 HDMI input on my TV" situation; here are some HDMI switching solution designed to allow end users add HDMI sources.
3x1HDMI switch and 5x1HDMI switch switchers can be used to expand the HDMI ports.

For those seeking to integrate with their existing Surround Sound Audio Receivers may try the HDMI switch with TOSLINK. This unit includes both HDMI and Digital Audio switching thus allowing users to simplify their routing needs.

Username: Ewolschlag

Guys,
I want to know what you think about hooking up a PC Video card to my HDTV via a DVI/HDMI switch. I just realized that I got screwed by DIRECTV, in the sense that I can't watch baseball with my SPORTS PACK package. However, I do have a MLB.TV subscription, and if I can find a good way to connect the computer to the HDTV, I'm all for it. Looks like a switch with a DVI input/HDMI input and a HDMI out would work. Any input?
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Wanabtech

Post Number: 12
what kind of gfx card do you have? Mine has a dvi output on it

Username: Ewolschlag

Post Number: 2
I have'nt gotten one yet, trying to figure out what I actually need. I don't want to dront a big chunk of change on a card because I don't need it for gaming.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us