HL-R4667W

Bronze Member
Username: Rvd

Post Number: 11
I have a few questions about the 46" Samsung DLP HDTV "HL-R4667W".

- What is the bulb life on this TV and where can I get a new one?Tried Samsungparts.com and they didn't have anything for HL-R4667W but they had the lamp for HL-R4677W.Under specification it says 40"-50", does this mean it will work on the HL-R667W?

- Is it hard to put these bulbs in, and could I do it myself?

- I'll be sitting a little more than 6 feet away from this TV.Is that too close?

FYI
Unregistered guest
All Samsung sets appear to use the Phillips 120W lamp.
The part numbers are depicting housing variations.
The life is 6000-8000 hours or more before dimming.
All Samsung sets are designed with lamp panels.
Lamps are intended (per the manuals) for consumers to replace.
Two top-mounted screws holds the lamp housing in place.
Housings have a handle for extracting from the contacts.

Six feet is close for NTSC standard def 4:3, but fine for digital and HD, which is why we buy them.

Looks like the same lamp housing is used in all HL-R xx67 models.

Samsung Parts Spec:

BP96-00826A

Part Number: BP96-00826A
Division: TV
Description: ASSY LAMP P
Stock Availability: In-Stock
Price: $199.99

Specify quantity:

Specification

L3,LAMP SERVICE,PHILIPS 120W

Support Models

HLP4667W, HLP5067W, HLP5667W, HLP6167W, HLR5067W, HLR5667W, HLR6167W, Other TV, SP46L3HR

Unregistered guest
I bought this set and had it delivered on tuesday...very nice great pic for DVD. I currently have standard cable (not digital and no HD) pic is very good though. 6 feet sounds close but it depends on what you are use to. I replaced a 25" old tube and the widescreeen 46 seems huge to me! Like FYI said HD is a cleaner pic so closer is ok. You will enjoy this set, the manual makes the bulb installation look easy (hopefully I wont have to do this for 3-4 years). I will eventually move up to digital and HD, I just dont watch much tv in the summer. I was told I would get local HD for free with the built in tuner, but that wont happen without a peicey antenna...good luck

Hey TWICK
Unregistered guest
You don't need a pricey antenna!

Any old Radio Shack or Winegard standard UHF antenna will pull in the digital off-air networks for free.
I use this one.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5 F003%5F001%5F002%5F000&product%5Fid=15%2D2160

Also, there's a chance that the digital signals are riding on your standard cable. Others have reported that they find digital on unfamiliar channels when using autoprogram. Good luck!

Bronze Member
Username: Videobruce

Buffalo , NY

Post Number: 35
Indoor;
Silver Sensor type (sold under different names/brands, all the same thing as low as $17)
Outdoor;
Channel Master CM4228a (as low as $50)

Forget RS anything!

Bronze Member

Buffalo , NY

Post Number: 36
BTW, the 4667 is somewhat striped down compared to the 5067.

Bronze Member
Username: Klaus

Holiday, FL USA

Post Number: 30
are you thinking of the 4266? That set is a barebones set vs the 67 series, no fine pitch screen.

Bronze Member

Buffalo , NY

Post Number: 40
Yep, to many model numbers..........
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us