HLR-5067W / Opinions and XBOX

Unregistered guest
I've narrowed down my HDTV choice to this model after going through a lot of posts and research on some other models I was interested in.

Many posts have alluded to the HLP-5067 working fine with video game consoles (no lag). Will this model be okay as well? Any impressions? Not s ure what the difference is between the HLR/HLP.

Thanks much!

Bronze Member
Username: Klaus

Holiday, FL USA

Post Number: 20
HLR has gen 5 vs gen 3 light engine, faster switching chip, 2500:1 contrast vs 1500:1 contrast.
Faster chip should equate to even less lag than the HLP version. Game on!

TWICK
Unregistered guest
HLR5067 is suppose to have no lag...sammy tested this size of their 67 series DLP and found that to be true...other sizes in the same series who knows but the 50 incg should not, or so they say. I have the 46 inch and have not tried games yet so i cant give first hand experience. I hope you have a big room for a 50 inch, because my 46 seems big.

DLP4ME!
Unregistered guest
HLR has gen 5 vs gen 3 light engine, faster switching chip, 2500:1 contrast vs 1500:1 contrast.
Faster chip should equate to even less lag than the HLP version. Game on!

The real DLP4me!
Unregistered guest
I think you should take Klaus's suggestion!

Klaus
Bronze Member

Holiday , FL
USA

Post Number: 19
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 10:40 am:

I must say you must have excellent hearing and sight, to be able to hear the slight sound of a color wheel and also to see rainbows with your head so firmly planted between your buttocks! Maybe the new technology you consider should be a colonoscopy!

Better yet, why not just leave this forum to serious individuals and go haunt the PUNK'D Blog.

Bronze Member

Holiday, FL USA

Post Number: 23
Real DLP4me:
Take heart! The imposter has been reported to admin and they are going to trace his IP.

The real DLP4me!
Unregistered guest
Klaus,

That's excellent! Thanks!

Looks like they have already pulled the threads he created.

The real DLP4me!
Unregistered guest
Klaus, you fricken KRAUTDOG

Unregistered guest
Well, we decided on the HLR-5087W last night. Ordered it from Butterfly Photo with the matching wraparound stand for the pedestal. Can't wait!

The only DLP4me!
Unregistered guest
The jerk imposter returns! Get a life, bonehead!

The only DLP4me!
Unregistered guest
The jerk imposter returns! Get a life, bonehead!
I AM THE REAL BONEHEAD
WHO AM I?
WHERE AM I?DO I KNOW ANYTHING?-no- i have a 13"ac-dc diawoo tv.

The only DLP4me!
Unregistered guest
Klaus,

Looks like they have already pulled the threads i created.

Klaus, you fricken KRAUTDOG

Username: Xxxfubar187xxx

Post Number: 9
Congrats on your new TV. Let us know how it works with your Xbox. Pics are always welcome :-)

The actual DLP4me!
Unregistered guest
The jerk imposter strikes again! Seek help, adolescent phsyco!

~Dave
Unregistered guest
Hello Everyone,
I just purchased 5067W yesterday.
First impression, AWESOME pic.
I have noticed some watermarks but they are only apparent with a white screen, like this one. I connected PC to it. If anyone has any ideas on what I should do about this, I'll check back.
Xbox and PS2 are connected.
I purchased Forza Motorsport(480p, widescreen), I'll give my impressions of that when I check back.

thX,

~Dave
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us