Toshiba DLP!!! HELP

Username: Joshuaian

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 1
I just go a 62 inch Toshiba DLP(62HM-14).
I am sure it would look great if only it would turn on!!!! When I first unpacked it an turned it on it restarted a few times and then came on. I sat and watched all evening and then when I went to turn it on the next day it just kept on restarting. I called a local service company who suggested getting a replacement lamp unit. I replaced the lamp unit and...... same thing. I have heard that this could have something to do with the ballast. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

bustinfatmama'schops
Unregistered guest
PROBABLY THE COLOR WHEEL SPINNING OUT OF LINE-DLP HAS MOVING PARTS,SO IT SPINS AND THROWS EVERY THING OFF.
HAS IT RUN LONG ENOUGH TO SEE RAINBOWS?
TAKE IT BACK AND GET A SONY LCD PROJECTION-XS60

Anonymous

The exact same problem happened to me with my Toshiba 52HMX84 within a period of 2 weeks. The repairman took a look at the set to see what was wrong with it and clearly it wasn't lamp. He never did clarify what the problem actually was but if I had to guess then it would have to be the light engine. What I did was replace exchange the set for a brand new and that was that. Had this new set since April and its working great, so your best bet would be to get a replacement altogether.

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 2
Does anyone know how I can get a hold of a ballast for this unit?

To Ian
Unregistered guest
You just got it! Why aren't you using the factory warranty?

ALG
Unregistered guest
I have the Toshiba 62HM84 and have the exact same problem. It takes 10 minutes to fire up. The repair guy came out and said "oh its the lamp". Replaced that. Still takes 10min. Guy came today and said I am not sure what it is but it might be the ballast. He is coming next Thurs. to replace that. Will keep you posted.

Unregistered guest
i purchased 52hm94 integrated hddlp 3/28/05
and lamp already out---customer svc
stated it like buying a light fixture i just
got one($3500) with a defective light bulb.
they will not do svc call i am just suppose
to wait until they mail me a lamp!!! takes
about two weeks.

Anonymous

ALG gets a part-swapping repair guy, but Debbie gets mail order.

My guess is the lamp won't be the problem, Debbie.

Toshiba Customer Service needs to step up!

I would raise hell three times a day until they beg a service guy to come out and shut you up.

I'm a strong believer in the "squeaky wheel" theory, obviously!

ALG
Unregistered guest
Well, it wasnt the ballast either. I was told it was the light engine and since the cost of repair ($3000) was more than 2/3rds of the price of the tv I sent it back to the store and received all my money back. I am now purchasing a Panasonic 42in plasma and saying goodbye to DLP.

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 3
Well I finally had the ballast replaced and it works great now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us