Samsung xx67 series DLP

Closed: New threads not accepted on this page
  Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through June 12, 2005Anonymous100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Anonymous

No...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night! he he.....

Actually, I think I would be quite good at it!

I'm just worn out from all the cable tv complaints.

My picture is eye popping spectacular!

I can't figure why people bother with inferior inconsistant signal.

I used to work for Comcast. Tree rubbed, squirrel chewed, worn out old aluminum half inch crap lets every off-air signal in (ingress) and radiates like a beacon. Failed slope/gain circuits, water damaged actives, cheaply made taps, loose fittings, umpteen fuses, and who knows what else, it's a wonder anybody gets a picture at all much less one worth a damn. Then they have rookie employees that can't trouble-shoot a freak'n thing and turn around and blame the house wiring. They will say. "Oh...it's probably a splitter in your attic...we need $50 to check that out."

Why bother!

Username: Helpful_smurf

Post Number: 9
Just playing devil's advocate here, isn't it possible, just possible you are a disgruntled former employee?

My cable service has been great since Comcast took over, the previous company was so bad they were practically run out of town on a rail. They were literally days from having their contract yanked by the city. Comcast has done a lot to restore people's faith in cable in my town.

HS

Anonymous

Maybe your cable service is great and maybe it's not. I've switched between both at my house and the difference was clear.

Disgruntled would mean they harmed me. I moved on to commercial data and telephony on my own.

When you know the pitfalls and shortcomings inside out you have more empathy for those on the outside looking in.

The very concept of taking source signals and attempting to send them on cables in all directions for miles without degrading them is daunting. Full digital fiber-optic to the home would make the task easier, but not one single operator has done it yet.

Off-air broadcasters have an FCC mandate to be digital by 2006, but closed circuit cable operators are free to transmit analog as long as they wish. Every amp it takes to boost the signals along the wire adds noise to the spectrum. Lots of fittings big and small and lots of resistance to overcome means lots of places for things to go wrong.

Lets see...do I want my own source signals at my house or do I want a reseller 15 miles away to try and pipe them to me? If it was less expensive and equal quality, maybe so, but it's usually more expensive and worse quality.

If you pay attention to all the posts, when big screen owners say they have bad SD, it's most certainly a cable subscriber.

CableCard is a complete disaster, so far.

mikoo1965
Unregistered guest
Some epeople have mentioned that they got a deal from OfficeDepot. Does OfficeDepot sell TV? Since when? I coulnd't find anything on their site.

Please let me know.

Username: Nitetripr

Post Number: 2
I have the HL-R6167W. Wow it is big. Luckily so is my den.

The picture looks good, but I do not have a good source at the moment. The HD box from the cable company should be out next month. It is time to start shopping for a new DVD player. Any suggestions? I will search other threads.

The BAD news. The remote is bad. JimM mentioned this above. The side by side PIP is great. Each picture is bigger than the TV I am replacing. :-)

But... I want to hit the SWAP button quickly, when watching two games. You know what? Uh, uh. You have to navigate through the menus.

I have a remote program in my Palm. I tried to record the SWAP button, but it is just an Enter Signal. So I had to record the sequence: MENU, DOWN, RIGHT(Picture), RIGHT, UP, RIGHT(PIP), DOWN, DOWN, ENTER(Swap), EXIT.

Not too smooth when trying to do a quick SWAP. Takes about 10 seconds. Yes I am one of those rare individuals that actually use PIP. All of the menu systems are built this way.

Also the remote says it is Universal but only lists 11 DVD player types, 40 Cable Boxes and 80 VCRs. I have a GE / Motorola and JVC none which are on the list.

Still working on setting up the TV-Guide feature. There you can view a listings up to 8 days in advance. Too bad you have to hit the down button for each channel. There are no page down button, so you can go to the next group of 10 channels. I will program my Palm to page down 10 at a clip.

So test the remote before buying. Here is the link to the online maunal:
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200503/20050315094921953_BP68-00469 A-00Eng.pdf

Bronze Member
Username: Klaus

Holiday, FL USA

Post Number: 68
Nite T:
Get a Logitech Harmony Universal remote. You can easily create macros for that stuff. I got one and it runs everything great.

Post Number: 3
I plan to do that. Will it be able to help me with waiting for a 10 key combo? With my Palm using OmniRemote the macro spaces the button presses about a second apart, so I have to wait 10 seconds for the swap to complete and menu to exit. I can increase the pause between buttons but not decrease it.

All other reomotes I have had with PIP there was a big SWAP button. I think I will miss it. :-(

Anonymous

So how is the angle viewing with the 6167?

Post Number: 4
Don't lay on the floor. 30 degrees vertical and 70 horizontally is true. Won't be good for the kids when they have a sleep over, with sleeping bags all over the place.

HL-R4667 Owner
Unregistered guest
I recommend the Panasonic S77 DVD player. It has HDMI output (and includes the cable), audio delay option to fix lip-sync issues, and the Faroujda DCDi technology. All for about $200 bucks. It rules. No need for that expensive Denon player anymore.

BTW, I use one of those "all digital" Panasonic XR50 amps. Also a bargain at $250. Panasonic is kicking butt these days... it's serious gear!

ChrisMN
Unregistered guest
I have just purchased and received a HL-R5067W. Amazon actually had the best price and shipping. I hooked up my standard analog cable (Time Warner) and the TV found channels including a group of HD broadcast channels. The HD picture is amazing. It makes it feel like you are in the room with the people on TV. The regular TV picture is not as good. Seems like the large size only exagerates all of the defects in standard broadcast. For some reason images routed through my DVD recorder (which has it's own TV tuner) pick up even more "noise" and digital artifacts. For DVD playback the unit is progressive scan and some movies look amazing (like I Robot), but 4:3 letterbox movies the picture quality is not as good.

Yesterday I had TW install a Cable Card. The digital stations show improvement, but for some reason they say it take 24 hours for the "extra" stations (the ones included in the digital package) to be recognized by the cable card (I'm still waiting for that to happen). The only reason I switched is due to some anomaly of their pricing packages Digital Cable is less then regular cable if you don't need a set top box.

Any ideas on how to improve the quality of the images coming from my DVR and DVD recorder would be appreciated. Right now they are connected using S-Video connections.

Bronze Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 49
Cable tv is a poor signal source and now that you have a big screen you can really see what I mean. Not every cable subscriber has it as bad as you, but most do. CableCard is a feature to be bypassed completely.

The best reception comes from a component (Pr, Pb, Y) cable connection from a Direct TV HD receiver like the Samsung SIR TS360 or the Hughes H10.

Your DVD's will look their best with an upconverting Samsung HD841 using the DVI connection or the Samsung HD850 using the HDMI connection. Adjust the output of either to 720P, which is the native display format of your set and enjoy.

HD_Novice
Unregistered guest
Why do you need a terrestrial receiver like Samsung SIR-TS360HD, if a HDTV like HLR506W already has built-in tuner and decoder? Does it improve the image or the signal reception?

Bronze Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 50
The tuner will work fine for off-air reception. The only decoder is a CableCard slot. Since I don't reccommend cable I find it to be quite useless.

For the sake of arguement, lets say you want to use cable. The cable tech is going to split the already crappy cable signal. One side goes into the CableCard input for decoding of certain HD channels. The other side goes to another input for analog channels. This process means no tv guide and no pay-per-view as the CableCard is not two-way interactive. It also means you have to switch between inputs. You could also use the crappy cable box to at least get the guide and pay-per-view, but analog standard definition is going to look bad either way.

By contrast, the SIR TS360 combines off-air digital networks with the Direct TV programming in the same guide and the same input. All channels are true digital, whether HD, Enhanced Digital, or the old 4:3 NTSC standard.

Unregistered guest
HLR6167W After days of research and comparing tvs side by side, i went to every tweeter, best buy and circuit city in new england, i finally decided to go with the Samsung new 5th generation technology HLR6167W DLP tv. Got home, lugged it upstairs, plugged in the ole xbox and bam. Returning the piece of crap, there is so much delay that it is impossible to enjoy any type of video game. Looked it up and apparently Samsung has been know for this crap. Pisses me off. Waste of my life. If you have any input as to the best tv for gaming, pleeeease let me know. Im definitely in the market for a new tv now.

GDC
Unregistered guest
Iv'e been researching big screen tvs for about two months. After much reading, seing the hlr5067 in several stores, and following these posts, Iv'e settled on the 5067. Before I buy it, I have two questions for anyone that might be able to answer. The first deals with the vertical viewing angle. I read a previous post that cuased a little concern. The stand I want to place the tv on is 36 inches high, and I'll be watching the tv from about 13 feet. Will having the tv at this height significantly affect the picture quality? The second question has to do with buying the tv. I went to Amazon and noticed that PlasmaBay.Com is selling the hlr5067 for about $500.00 less than other retailers. Has anyone here had any dealings with this particular on-line retailer? As someone asked earlier, is this price too good to be true?

VIPTaylor
Unregistered guest
I just got my 5067 earlier this week. The stand it is on is 24" high. I would think that an extra 12 inches might be a little too high. I have 2 couches and one is a bit lower than the other. The lower one is maybe a 5" difference, but the picture still looks great. Check our pricegrabber.com for a list of good online retailers. Remember to include shipping in the cost too! I had a great experience with etronics.com. I ordered mine Thur. afternoon and had it in my house on Tuesday. I was floored with how well it went. I almost had it Monday night, but the delivery truck was too full to do a special delivery.

Bronze Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 53
GDC & VIP Taylor,

The vertical viewing angle is the most critical because it directly affects the amount of optimal horizontal viewing brightness.

Stands and seating heighths will vary with your furniture, but what's important is to have the screen perpendicular to your eyes. If you are looking up at the screen you may need to tilt the screen down by placing something under the base along the back side. If you are looking down at the screen you will want to tilt the set upward.

Having the vertical viewing angle matched to your eye level in this mannor will optimize the horizontal viewing angles out to 75 degrees or more with full brightness and clarity.

GDC,

Check the delivery cost. Most online stores are charging between $200 and $300.

I like to see reviews about online stores. Pricegrabber offers this information. Here's a link. Pop in your zip and sort by bottom line price. I like Digital 1234.com myself.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?sort_type=price&masterid=7752057& isbn=&pid=

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
When I first got mine I had it on a high stand (about 36 inches high) and it was just fine at that height. I now have it on the stand that's made for it and it is also fine. The up and down viewing angle becomes less extreme at a decent viewing distance so don't sweat it much. When I show the set at BB I always walk customers out about 12 feet before turning to face it. If you stop right at it and look down on it it is not a normal viewing angle. 10-12 feet out it looks amazing, even in full retail lighting.

HS

Txtransplant
Unregistered guest
I am considering either the HLR5067 or the HLR5677. I have read the posts but am still on clear on the difference b/w the x67 and the x77. the x77 is not even on Samsung's website that I could find. Also, unfortunately, I am forced to install it in a media cabinet in our new house. Moving from a Sharp XV-z10000U with 100" in dedicated theatre room (painful). I guess it is buried in the vows somewhere. I am also having to go with standard cable vs old Directv. The weather is just too unprecictable here. That is another consideration in the smaller set. Hopefully standard def will look "better".

Questions-
What is the difference in the two sets?
Can I still use my Zenith HD DTV receiver for OTA? If so, I would just use the same antenna and another input correct?
Any way to improve standard HD cable viewing?

Txtransplant
Unregistered guest
Actually just found it on Samsung's website, sorry. Looks like it is the bezel and the HD tuner. Does anyone know how thick the side and top bezels are on each? The media cabinet I am building actually builds a frame around the top and sides making it appear more like a plasma. I could simply make have them make the frame slightily smaller on the 5067 to cover the bezel.

viptaylor
Unregistered guest
I've tried everything to solve my delay issues with my PS2 (specifically durring NCAA 2005). I have the HLR5067 now (woohoo for me..I LOVE it!!!). B ut, I've tried both S-viseo, componant and composite cables and there is still a noticable lag when pressing buttons. I selected the imput and the "name" as game hopoing that would help...but it did not. I have the PS2 itself and the game set to 16:9. Any other suggestions? I'll try them right away. I see lots of other people mention the issue, but haven;t seen a real solution.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
I can't imagine. I have my PS2 hooked up to the same set via component and have never experienced any lag whatsoever. And if anyone should it would be me as I am also using a wireless controller (Logitech action pad).

HS

viptaylor
Unregistered guest
have you tried any really specific timing games (i.e. baseball or football)? those games need such precise timing. I have mine hooked up to component 2 (have also tried S-video 3). Any suggestions?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I played SSX3 on it, a snowboarding game that requires very precise control to pull off the more difficult tricks and had no issues with it at all. It's a game I've played countless hours on so I think I'd notice a difference.

HS

vip taylor
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your help. I just played some GT4 on the PS2 and didn't notice a lag. But, is is definatly there on NCaa2005. Let's hope I don;t notice it on July 12, when NCAA 2006 comes out and I'll be very happy.

Username: Samsunghlrxx67

Post Number: 1
TxTransplant---I have been considering the same decision.The difference that matters to me is the HLRxx77 serries does not have a PC input.

Thank you to everyone This sight has an almost 100% possitive response to the HLRxx67 serries and your input is very much appriciated.

I also have an XBOX...I have read only possitive results except the recent person.Possibly input related .

I have read on other sites that the PS2 lag is not the result of the unit but the result of an individual game...the games "Discs" very in their resulution and the lag is somehow caused by the SamSung dumbing down to the lower video input from the game Disc Playing on the PS2 at the time...the audio is playing just fine causing this delay. Just thought I would pass on what I have learned from Days of Googeling.

This would also explain some people having good results and some not.To give a problem relating to PS2 is too general. If we had person with good results say what exact game they are playing then the person with bad results could might compare the same oranges.

Please alow me to explain this in a real plain way.

SamSung is the road.

PS2 is the car.

Some people drive the car on the road with great performance up or down hill. Some can hardly see out the windshield and can only go 2 miles an hr.

Well... You have to put in regular gas to drive the car well on the Samsung road.

If you put in deisel or karosene the car does not run the sam as gas.

Same car ...but fueling off a different disc (GAS)

:-)

Username: Annamorfick

My first post here, so be nice... :-) After reading this thread, I'm still not sure of the difference between the new HL-R "67" series vs the new HL-R "77" series. Can someone please list them? Do they have the same chipset? Color wheel? Rotation speed? inputs? Cabinet size appears to smaller on the 77, yes? Please list any and all known differences. Trying to decide between the 46 and 50-inch models. Would the 46 have a better picture since it's the same rez but smaller area? Similar to the reasons why a 27-inch tube TV looks better than a 36-inch tube TV? Thanks in advance...

I know one difference because it matters to me. The HL "R" 67 has a PC input and the HL "R" 77 does not.

As for the resolution question I wondered the same thing.

Anonymous

Is the critcal vertical view height specific to Samsung DLP models or is this true of all DLP technology regardless of manufacturer?

I have a higher than average installation and might try to tilt it per and earlier suggestion. Any guidelines on how much it could be tilted before risking damage to the base/speaker portion of the unit (r5667)and before it becomes top heavy and ends up on the floor?

Bronze Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 64
Anon,

Viewing angles of any RPTV are subjective.
You can balance the set on either edge without damage.
Mine is balanced on the front edge.
You will not find the Samsung to be top-heavy.
It will tilt far beyond your requirement.

Anna,

Welcome to the forum!

Bigger is better when viewing true HD programming, but standard definition will will be worse. I have found that 50 to 56 inches is a good choice when viewing from 10 to 12 feet.

The Samsung site will describe differences in the sets.

http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/product/b2c_product_detail.jsp?prod_id=H LR5667WX%252fXAA

http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/product/b2c_product_detail.jsp?prod_id=H LR5677WX%252fXAA

HD_Novice
Unregistered guest
I got my HLR5067 a couple of weeks ago and am enjoying it quite a bit. I have an old Panasonic DVD that puts out 480p with a decent result, but would the new Panasonic S97 or S77 that upconvert to 720p or 1080i really improve the image? Looking at the HLR5067 product description, it says that it has a "1280 x 720p digital format converter for all inputs." So, I am not sure if this covers the same feature that the new Panasonic models have. Can anyone provide some insight on this? Thanks.

Bronze Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 65
The upconverting players have been a hot topic on a number of threads.

I own a 480P analog player and a 720P digital player because I wanted to see for myself if the scaler in the player was actually better than the scaler in my Samsung DLP. Both players are Samsung. I can honestly say that the upconverting player using a DVI cable is the cleaner image. I question whether it's the DVD player's scaler or if remaining digital from content to display is the real difference. After all, my 480P takes the digital content and converts it to analog for my component conection to the set. Then, the set takes the analog signal and scales and converts it back to a digital signal for display. That's a lot of processing. I think anytime you can feed a set it's native display resolution format, the picture will be better for it.

My opinion is based on my equipment and connections, so, others may have a completely different result from their respective setup.

HD_Novice
Unregistered guest
Thank you, FYI.
Since you have both players, maybe you can answer another question for me. My 480p DVD player's image doesn't cover the full screen on HLR5067. I can use the zoom, but, of course, this cuts of the image. Would using a 720p DVD provide more fuller coverage on the vertical axis?

Bronze Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 66
I'm sure you have already gone into the player's menu and set it for 16:9, so, let me tell you about the biggest bunch of DVD format crap a movie lover should never have to experience.

First, I'll answer your question. No, it won't. At least, not for movies recorded in the 2:35.1 format, which will always have black bars on the top and bottom. The sweet format for our new sets is 1:85.1, which fills the screen completely. The old format for 4:3 tube tv's is 1:35.1 with the black bars on the sides when played on our wide screen RPTV's. Even if a movie says "WideScreen" it doesn't necessarily mean it's formatted for a widescreen tv. More likely, it means it's formatted for front projection. Some DVD's might say "Anamorphic WideScreen", but that doesn't always mean it will fill your screen, either. Confusing isn't it.

It's the chicken and egg thing...which came first?
In our case, display technology came before matching content. We are caught in the quagmire of evolving industries. I look for 1:85.1 DVD's all the time. They are few and far between. Maybe some day the DVD industry will catch up and give us a real selection for our sets.

When HD-DVD players come out at the end of the year, we have to question whether or not we want to jump right in when we know that the content library will be very lacking. Hopefully, the two manufacturers will merge their resources and content providers. It would be nice to have plentiful content to watch in 1:85.1 HD.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
I've never understood the problem people have with black bars and have a heck of a time explaining to people why they STILL have black bars on their new widescreen sets. My favorite is people who spent hundreds and even thousands of dollars on DVD collections in fullscreen so they would not have those annoying black bars. Suprise Suprise, now you have a 16:9 set and you will have HUGE black bars on the sides now on all your DVDs because they are all 4:3.

The confusion comes from the fact that aspect ratio is decided by the Director and Cinematographer. It's an artistic decision. Accepting their judgement and watching what is given to you and ignoring the black bars is the key. I watch the movie and ignore the black bars, don't even notice them anymore.

HS

I cant help but agree with Helpful Smurf.

When watching a movie in the dark the WHOLE back wall above and below are dark.

I do understand however the frustration of not viewing the whole possible picture size.

The remedy is partialy solved by buying a larger screen.A 61 inch (I wish I had) would have an almost larger movie viewing format than a 50 with the screen filled all the way.

I simply enjoy a very large viewing area.

I suppose I could wrap silver duct tape across the front, placed in just the right areas and ....ahhh no black lines :-)

Treehead
Unregistered guest
I see you are talking about the good old black bars, so I have a question for anyone that may have the answer. I thought I heard that Samsung's new DVD player (HD950 model) removes the black bars? I think it is called EZ View letter box eliminator. It also plays SACD, DVDA and upconverts. Sounds too good to be true. Has anyone tried this player yet?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
It will still would to be some kind of zoom function, which would result in cropping the picture or stretching to fit which would cause distortion. Neither seems to good to be true to me. I personally think (and this is just my opinion) that the inability to live with black bars is a form of retardation with a dash of obsessive compulsive disorder thrown in for spice. I think many home theater enthusiasts would agree. When you're spending thousands of dollars to get as close as possible to the theater experience......ah to hell with it.

HS

Post Number: 5
Yes some people cannot ignore Black bars.

for instance...

When taking pictures some people have to jab two or three fingers in the opposite eye to be able to use all brain function on the one looking through the amazing capture machine (lawdy lawdy... feets dont fail me now)

or...

when using the phone in a loud area... and have to poke one ear in order to here better with the one with the phone...(mind you the phones mic is amplifying the same noise in the loud room to the remaing ear..duh nothing solved "idiots have never learned to cover the MIC while listening...then uncover to talk") its the oldest lasting wifes tale ever.thats why cell phone talkers end up spinning in circles try to get away from the noise...they cant its coming through the mic

ok Im just being silly fo a minute.

seriously though, if the screen is filled all the way ...what about the annoying silver sides top and bottom...holey cow Im glad my tv is not made of black plastic...then it would suround the whole picture.

Just making lite on the subject.

I am putting an order in for the HLR 6167 this week end.

Username: Dwhit

Just hooked up my new HLR 5067w. So far i'm still tweaking but fairly impressed. I'm not seeing any rainbows or other issues people have been having.

XBOX works like a charm.

Pretty much blown away with the quality of DVD's.

My only concern....I'm still trying to decide if the HD signal is as good as i can get it. I've upgraded from my 36 inch sony but so far noticed the HD signal was much sharper and crisp on the sony. This is my only concern so far with this TV as i was expecting a better picture.

My hookup:
Cable runs into my Cable box

Motorola DVR/HD box connected via component to TV. Audio is connected via optical cable to Pioneer Reciever

Toshiba upscale DVD connected via DVI to TV. Audio is connected via optical cable to Pioneer Reciever

Xbox connected with red/white/yellow to TV.

Post Number: 6
I have found a device that fixes lag.

It is remote controlled and has memory
It has optical input and output.

Felston DD540 Dual source. found it at www.lipfix.com/home.html

Its the only one in the world that I could find.
And this was the only source in the US I could find.

Tell them Mark told you they may give a break.

This Device will go between my Dish Network Dual 942 receiver and my Sony STR DE895 Receiver.

The viewing source will be a Samsung HLR6167 When it arrives.

SO!!...when I see delay Ican SIMPLY pickup the remote and adjust.

it has 12 memory sets.

Post Number: 7
PS It has optical in and out

dadgummit
Unregistered guest
Damn!!!

$230 bucks for a digital optical audio delay!
Proud of it, aren't they.

I think I'd rather upgrade my surround sound receiver.

Although, that ain't cheap, either!

Post Number: 8
I couldnt believe the price either. I also thought to upgrade my receiver.

I couldnt get passed two things.

1) Is the delay feature in recevers easilly accessable...

2) Does the delay feature in the receiver work easily with a remote.

I want to be able to have a hassle free fix.

Can anyone here tell me if they have ussed the delay feature in their receiver to fix lip sinc problems.

A dedicated remote for this issue seems simple.

The price of the Felston is ridiculas.
And sometimes you get what you pay for.

I had just bought that receiver last fall and would hate to get another on a maybe fix.

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 109
I just swapped my P5063 for an R5067 and I'm really blown away by the higher contrast images, especially on HD Discovery and HDNet. The extra contrast makes a real difference. Blacks are absolutely solid black and colors are vivid and brilliant. Water looks so wet that I keep a bucket under it. I mean it's stunning! I really like the floating screen design.
I still like a high contrast setting of 95. I have my brightness at 55 to wake up those dark scenes. This caused me to raise the color level to 52. The color was overdriven on my previous set, which I kept around 43. I must have gotton lucky because the tint seems perfect right out of the box at 50-50-50. Skin tones are very natural. The sky is a perfect blue and the grass is a very natural green. I might tweak some more, but I'm very satisfied.

I thought my 63 was excellent, but the "R" is fantastic!

My setup is:

Samsung HL-R5067W
Samsung HD841 Upconverting DVD Player
Direct TV HD SIR TS360 Receiver
Onkyo 602B Home Theater Receiver

All video connections are component, Pr, Pb, Y.
Optical audio straight to the SS receiver.
No lip sync issue detected, yet.
Runs very quiet. Nice!

Maulrat
Unregistered guest
I too am looking into getting one of the "R" Samsungs. While looking at Costco Home yesterday they have the 6167 for $2800 and the 5667 @ $2500. Excellent deals when compared to CC or BB. Im probably in for the 61". :-) This thread has provided a wealth of info- though I do have a specific question of my own... My local cable is Cox Communications. They say that they now have an HDTV service- http://www.cox.com/Phoenix/digitalcable/HD/default.asp which requires a different converter box and what not. Ive heard others saying that cable can be pretty crappy on the new tv's- but does that statement hold true for Cox's HD? Or would this be they way for me to go? They are boasting the highest quality sound and picture. Any help would be appreciated.

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 122
Don't pay too much!
I think the 3 year warranty is excellent.

[link removed]

The Cox Cable digital network channels and their true HD channels will be excellent. There standard definition programming will be questionable, especially when scaled to the 720P format and displayed on a 61 inch screen. I wouldn't let it stop me from giving it a try. You can always switch to sat later if it doesn't work out.

Post Number: 9
Maulrat...dealsouthonline.com is another option..COD

I have heard it put this way

antenna to....cable/WOW

Cable to...Satalite?Same WOW jump

Satalite every channel is digital

Cable only some...most are analog

my humble opinion if you are a new customer to a Satalite service and want high Def. Dish Network has the best deal right now as far as a new customer to high Def.

250 dallars for a 650.00 unit for new customers.

Google "dish player 942 receiver"

I have had direct TV happily for ten years and just went to dish because I want High def and Direct will not give current customers any deal.I would have to pay 700.00 at Direct for a ONE tv dvr ...by the way if you are a current customer of dish you cannot get the 942 ( TWO tv) Period...only new customers.

Go dirrectly through the official Dish network site they have a great walk through pricing program.

Maulrat
Unregistered guest
Hmmm, definitely looks like a better deal purchasing online. I quite sure Im going to take that route now. ;) Easily will save $2-300.

I think I may give Cox HD a try first- as Ive been very happy wih both their cable and internet. Ofcourse the cable has been viewed on a 6 year-old 27" Trinitron for a few years now. I'll wait and see.

Thanks for the info guys! Its most appreciated.

Username: Rtchin

Ok, so i've been tossing and turning between the 5667 and the 5674. so far the difference i can tell are the 67 uses the hd4 chip so it's a "softer" image. the 74 is on the hd2+ chip. since the 74 is last years model, the prices are almost identical. so i'm really at a toss up right now.

i've seen the 67 at best buy and it looked really blurry to me. the guy at bb said it's probably because the lighting isn't flattering and they're splitting the input to 12 sets. so, i'm trying to pretend i didn't see what i saw.

nonetheless, i'll be watching direct tv and playing alot of xbox on whatever i choose. should i toss out what i saw at bb?

which is really better, the hd4 in the 5667 or the hd2+ (5674 & 5677)?

right now i just have standard dtv. i'll eventually switch to hd dtv, but for the time being, is my picture going suck since i'm feeding sdef in?

thanks for the help!

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 133
Like a thin bezel? 74!
Like the floating screen design? 67!
Don't need an ATSC digital tuner? 74!
Need the digital tuner? 67!
Want a 4th gen light engine with good contrast? 74!
Want a 5th generation light engine with better contrast? 67!

I've heard that softer image argument. I don't buy it.

I've seen both and both produce excellent images.

Regular Direct TV will look fine on either, but hook up a standard uhf antenna to the 67 and watch digital networks, HD sports and HD primetime for free!

Thanks FYI. So really, can't go wrong with either one it sounds like.

i read on another board that the 5674 has a double screen??? something like that, where there's issues with smudging. not sure if there's any truth to that.

i've also read that the 5667 has a "rough surface" screen. not sure what that means nor what effects it might have.

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 134
The 74 has a two layer screen. When conditions are just right for static electricity the two touch creating a smudged or blotch look. Some owners went for the warranty fix while others simply wipe the screen with a soft cotton cloth and they disappear for weeks or longer. Evidently, no big deal.

As for the 67 having a rough screen surface, mine doesn't. It's as smooth as my P5063 was. My review is above.

beachfan
Unregistered guest
Hi! I'm a newbie, and not too technical, but I really appreciate the discussions on this site.

I'm heavily leaning towards a Sammy, and have twice compared the HL-R5067W with the HLR5087W and
both times preferred the 87 due to picture quality. I suspected that it was something the store did, but both places (BB, CC) said no, and the guy at BB wasn't on commissiion (not sure of the CC guy).

The BB guy, seemingly knowledgable, said that the 87 still used the 2+ chip. True? Can't tell from the Samsung site.

The CC guy was clearly wrong, saying the contrast ratio (right term?) was 2500/1 in the 87, 2000/1 in the 67. But Samsung' site clearly shows 2500 for both.

Any possibility to the 2+ chip in the 5087? Were they just pushing the more expensive set?

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 143
Yea, 77's and 87's still use the HD2+ chip and the 4th generation light engine. They just added ATSC tuners and CablecCard slots to the P74 and P85 models.

The 67's have an improved HD3 chip and a 5th gen light engine.

Contrast is the same. Picture quality and style is subjectively up to you.

beachfan
Unregistered guest
Would you rather have the HD2+ chip and the 4th gen wheel or the HD3 chip and a 5th gen color wheel?

Thanks in advance!

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 157
I'd rather have an enhanced xHD2+ 1080P chip and a 6th gen light engine.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-DbwCnSFupNY/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=305HLR5078

http://www.preferredphoto.com/product.asp?id=sahlr5668w&l=DigitalSaver&ds_ref_ke y=CAJHFGCOBCOBCDIDJD

http://datavisioncomputer.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/bestprice.d2w/report? prrfnbr=1249625&site=PRGB&sgname=2005-07-11-06.42.24.921001

ouch! almost $4k. i just barely got my wife to give up and let me buy a $2500 dlp. that's nice though...maybe i should wait until next year when the 1080i's drop a litttle. but i guess with technology, you'll never win. you just have to bite the bullet.

i saw the 5667 at bestbuy. they set it up on it's own. hidef looked sweet. sdef was about as good as my 32 1st gen wega. maybe a little worse.

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 160
I think this is the best deal going.
The 68's and 78's have the exact same specs.
A 61 inch 1080P in a floating screen design for $2800 is excellent.
If I thought I could sell my R5067 for a good price I'd buy it today.

http://www.preferredphoto.com/product.asp?id=sahlr5668w&l=DigitalSaver&ds_ref_ke y=CAJHFGCOBCOBCDIDJD

Bronze Member
Username: Jimkw

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 49
What's a good price?

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 162
Being less than a month old, it's worth at least $1800. It has a transferable 5 year In-Home extended warranty that hasn't even started yet.

Post Number: 10
I do not read a five year warranty ...Please help me see it. Is that the one at the Preferred site? They give almost no info offered

Bronze Member
Username: Jimkw

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 50
I'm sure you can sell it locally for that. It's a good price for sure, but when you add on shipping it would probably be about the same price I could buy a new one for.

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 163
Yea...you're right, Jim.

SamsungHLRxx67,

My 5 year extended warranty is with Consumer Priority Service. (CPS) It's a Phillips affiliated company out of Newark, NJ that uses the same Samsung authorized service shops that Samsung uses during the first year factory warranty. There warranties are sold direct as well as through RPTV retailers. They offer seperate lamp warranties.
Here is there website.

http://www.cpscorporation.com/

Username: Maulrat

Phoenix

FYI, is ths warranty your talking about the same one offered on Digital1234.com? I am considering getting that with my tv, however I was wondering if an extended warranty could be purchased from Samsung itself...?

Username: Tombo777

Well after reading this thread in it's entirety and a few trips to CC and BB I have decided a good quality CRT is the way to go. Yeah heavy. not great periphial vision. But no resolution issues at all.
No over done colors. More film like. Seems the issues and techno;ogy and all the hoops one has to jump through to get the best possible picture in all formats is just not worth the extra expense yet.

Perhaps in three or four years the technology will be as seamless as CRT and last as long as well without the need for expensive bulbs. I have had a Toshiba RP for many years and have had no issues with the electronics. Pull the cover off twice a year and clean the lenses and mirrors.

I do want a progressive scan picture and they look great in CRTs and dont seem to be as much of a crapshoot with spinning wheels,resolution, digital artifacts and sync issues. Just like PCs CRTs are still the way to go for a few more years anyway.

Anonymous

You think you have an answer for everything, bong boy. All you really have is an opinion.

You come on here touting and reccommending the latest CRT technology when your most recent purchase was a damned over-priced plazma.
Your experience with CRT is a self-confessed ownership of a decade old Toshiba, probably on it's last days.

Anyone can read these forums and form an opinion like yours. The trouble with that is these forums represent a small fraction of the overall market, usually the few with production defects.

You're entitled to your opinion.
I'm entitled to my opinion of your opinion.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I do not want to come between friends :-)

When I first found some of these forums there was one thing that had occured to me from the get go.The negative opinions most certainly are a very very few of all the manufactured products.

Simple reseasoning would bring one to this conclusion.

I am Joe Happy and the product I bought last week is great...never a problem. Why would I even think of going on line to research and look for a forum to say "Hello world I have no problems here"

Does this explain the perspective.

I found these forums because I am an over cautious perspective buyer with spare time and Googled "Samsung Problems"--shasaam...I connected to what seemed to be people at an unknown site chatting about problems...problems about Samsungs.

I then could decifer these problems as the worst senarios from the most unhappy yet careing people who wished to find solutions, bad talk the product or seek guidance from current owners and possibly more informed people.

CRT's obviously are tried and true.
We are here because we may prefer something bigger.

In fact if a CRT was over 50 and I could fit the forklift needed to move it into my living room I would own it period.

It is my guess that we all already own crt's...so we may have no need to invest farther.

This is just my opinion ...as stated above opinions are the core of our time in these forums :-)

I enjoy all opinions

Username: Lawbart

Hi

I hope someone can help me. I'm sold on the HLR5067, but I've got a few questions:

1. I've never purchased such an expensive TV before. Ultimate Electronics has it for $2800, but I know they negotiate the price -- what is the best way to get the best deal? I'm going to be buying speakers, DVD player, cables, etc.
2. I've found the same TV online for about $800 less -- is it a good idea to go this route? I want to buy an extended warranty, but I don't see one offered on this website -- can I buy one elsewhere?
3. I have digital cable now and I've very happy with it, but I keep reading above that DirectTV or Dish Network might be better. Isn't digital cable good enough? Do I need a cable card? Is there still a way to get Video on Demand and the TV listing that comes with cable?

Thank you

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 180
This site is excellent. Warranty is excellent too.

[link removed]

Pay using a credit card for the protections it offers. Inspect the set upon arrival. You can refuse delivery if it's not perfect in every way.

You will save enough for a surround sound home theater receiver, speakers, DVD, and all cables, which you can get locally.

If your cable looks ok, use it. No need for a cable card if you use their HD box. Just hook it up using component (Pr, Pb, Y) cables to one of your component inputs. That way you don't lose On Demand or the guide.

Username: Lawbart

Thanks for the help.

Anonymous

Has any one got PIP working on their HL-RxxxxW?

I am having trouble setting it up. Please help.

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 184
In tv mode select menu.
Arrow down to Picture.
Arrow right then down to PIP.
Arrow right then right again and down to turn On PIP.
Arrow left and down to select the size and position.
Arrow up to swap and push enter.
Next select exit to leave the menu.
At this point you can use the Source button to select the input you want on the enlarged PIP.
After tuning your input selection you can go back into the menu and arrow to swap and hit enter to swap it back. Exit the menu.

Now, you can just push the blue button to see and hide your PIP.

I have a front walk camera on my AV2 and a driveway camera on my AV3. I generally keep the front walk camera on PIP so I can quickly see who is at the door.

Username: Msa4033

A few months back I read on this forum about someone who was using a hard drive hooked up to the ieee port on his Samsung 5063 or 67 (not sure) as a dvr. I've been searching through the archives but no luck. The only thing i've found on the web is this http://www.vividlogic.com/news/apr23.html. Anybody heard about this or have any opinions about it? Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

I think you read about someone who wanted to hook up their set to a hard drive of a computer using the ieee port for recording purposes.

Your article speaks of using the ieee port as a means of controling components, but still recording to a DVR.

Of course, the tried and true method of recording video content to a computer's hard drive has been the use of a video capture card. Unfortunately, this method takes an analog signal and converts it to digital.

I'm still looking for a hardware/software solution that would allow a computer to accept a DVI/HDMI digital source or other HD digital content source directly.

I don't view the set as anything other than a video display device. Recordable digital content is best attained from the source.

Recording to a DVR is just what i'm trying to do, but I don't have digital cable or satellite. I have standard cable, but I get Discovery-HD, TNT-HD, and all my networks in HD all without a STB. I would still like to have the convenience of a DVR though...I found the RCA Scenium 2080 and 2160 (http://tv.rca.com/en-US/ByProductCategory.html?PC=Components) which plug up through the ieee port. The question is, has anyone tried these and can they be controlled with Samsung's d-net?

Jaren
Unregistered guest
So I'm goint to throw down the money on the HLR this week if you guys honestly convince me I will have no issues with my Xbox or the XBOX 360 when it comes out. I will be playing lots of games on the TV and I want no sync issues. I really want this TV. Please help me!!!!

Unregistered guest
This may be addressed in later posts but I won't know until I read all of them. The HLR xx78 series has a 0.85" 1080 DLP Chip with Cinema Smooth Gen-6 1080p HD. Is this a HD3, HD+2, HD4, etc.?

Samsung specs at http://product.samsung.com/SamsungUSA/PRODUCT/20050713/hlr6178_78%20series%20sel l%20sheet.pdf

Username: Maulrat

Phoenix

Post Number: 5
I just recieved my HLR6167 on Friday- man is it sweet! I ordered from digital1234.com last Saturday- took just uder a week to get to me in AZ. No issues at all. Sure SD cable looks like crap- but nothing I can handle. HD and DVD looks awesome. Im not a huge gamer- but I have tried the newest Mortal Kombat game for PS2. I did NOT experience any synch or delay issues when doing the combos and what not. Dont know if thats a good measure or not. I have it hook up via s-video...its a gen 1 system.
The nice thing about the 6167 is that only about 28 inches of the width if the tv actually sit on the stand. So you can actually get a smaller stand as long as it supports the 100 pounds. I got a nice looking one from Walmart for $80 that supports 240lbs. Very nice TV!

Unregistered guest
looks like my post disappeared. I am getting the HLR6178 instead of HLR6167. I can get it at 10% above cost or about $3,300 delivered. Unless I am mistaken the xx78 series should be the bomb. One question: I have noticed people saying to use component. Why? Everythinh I have has HDMI/DVI outputs (STB, DVD, etc.)

Unregistered guest
Fu*k, now I am really confused. I am placing an order for an hLR6178 today but now I seea xx68, an xx88, this board talks about an xx85. What is the difference betwen an HLR6168 and 6178? I can see no difference in the specs.

Username: Mikoo1965

FYI, thanks for your response on my PIP question ...

Although, I was more interested in get 2 tv channles and that's seems to be a problem. How do I do it?

Samsung says on FAQ, that it work with cable box.

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 194
Jayesh,

Any input will do. You can split your cable signal or use another output from your set top box or use an antenna feed...whatever.

smather,

The internal specs of the 68's and 78's are exactly the same. Only difference is the cabinet. The 68's have a floating screen design. (screen seperated from speakers) The 78's don't.
I haven't seen any 88's for sale yet, but they will be on the Capt. Kirk pedistal like the 85's are.

Bronze Member
Username: Markstanco

Texas

Post Number: 18
"This site is excellent. Warranty is excellent too.

[link removed]"

I just ordered the 5667 from them last week. It will be here on Friday (my ship to is different from the billing addy which slows delivery).

Unregistered guest
Sooo, is my HLR6178W a better model than the 6167? Why?

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 195
The 78 is the 1080P chip, otherwise known as the xHD whatever. Seems Samsung and TI stopped defining them.

Hell yes! It's much better than a xx67, which is a 720P chip, otherwise known as the enhanced version of the HD3.

You're asking if a set with 1080 progressively scanned lines of resolution is better than a set with 720 progressively scanned lines. All I can say is... more is better, especially if the screen is larger.

I saw your post above asking about the 78's chip and what it's called. I've heard the 1080P chip called the xHD4 from a post on AVS forum. It's from a guy that went to the Las Vegas CES and spoke with a factory rep. All I really know is that it's the newest and only 1080P chip that Texas Instruments makes for use in all brands of native 1080P resolution DLP sets, regardless of what people call it.

Unregistered guest
Mucho Gracias'. I thought the were both 1080p. Cool, then I am getting the one I want. I wanted to make sure I had something that would be ahead of the curve, as short as it is.

My brother in law is a regional rep for a chain of stereo stores so I get my stuff at cost plus 10% or $3,200. I am just rubbing that point in.

Guess I need to register as a Sams Club member

Before you buy your 1080p set you might want to check out this article

http://www.hdtvexpert.com/pages/reality.htm

Also, has anyone heard anything about hooking up a dvr through the ieee port on a 5067? If so, how good is the functionality. Can it be set up to work with the built in tv-guide? I've posted a link to an RCA hd-dvr in a previous post.

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 197
There is no need for a 1080P originating signal to enjoy a 1080P set. The widey available 1080I signal will be converted to 1080P by the set. Some existing owners are very pleased with the results. One person said, "it's like a window on reality."

The article makes some valid points about 1080P as a transmitted signal, but most HDTV's are not even designed to receive a 1080P signal on any input other than the ATSC tuner. They are designed to convert any signal to their native format. Therefore, a 1080I signal will be converted to a 1080P and look spectacular.

You need a 1080 native display television to see 1080 lines of resolution. Everyone agrees that progressive scanning looks better than interlaced. I dismiss the article.

Unregistered guest
There will never be a solid, long lasting, de-facto standard for visual media technology in our life times. So sit back an enjoy the ride. 1080p is the most advanced commercially available resolution. Sources will catch up with it. Making hte claim that digital cameras capturing 1080p are inferior is absurd. Even if that is the case that will change quickly. Unless you want to imerse yourself in every new spec that comes along it will be years before you look at your 1080p screen and think it is time to go to a higher resolution.

Unregistered guest
crap, I wish you could edit your previous posts. In addition to my previous message I am spending apx. $750 more for 1080p instead of 720p. I am not made of money but I know when I am wasting it and getting my money's worth. I will always by the next gen. if it is economically equivalent. Whether my base price was $2,000 or $10,000, $750 is not much to worry about if it gets you next gen.

Also, that article sounds like many others I read before HD was widely broadcast.

DuncanG
Unregistered guest
I have a 6167 and a HD850 DVD player and have a perplexing audio problem that I am hoping someone can help me with.

The DVD player is connected to the 6167 using the HDMI cable, which carries both audio and video. The DVD player is also connected to a vintage Sony SDR-DE925 SS receiver, as is the 6167, using optical cables for both connections.

My original hope was that 5.1 sound would be transmitted from the DVD player, via the 6167, to the surround sound receiver, but didn't work.

I subsequently discovered that the HD850 has to be in bitstream mode to transmit 5.1 to the SS receiver, which means no audio on the 6167. When the HD850 is in PCM mode, the 6167 can decode stereo, but no SS decode. (BTW, I also discovered that the RCA audio does not carry audio when in bitstream mode.)

What I want to happen is to find a configuration where by I don't have to reconfigure the DVD player based on whether I am using the 6167 for audio or the SS receiver for audio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Stop using the set for audio.
That's why you have an SS receiver.
Stop routing audio through the set. No need.
Don't use HDMI for audio purposes. Flawed!
Problem solved!

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1481
I just ordered a 6178 from Sound Advice(Tweeter) and paid $1000 more than what a 6167 goes for at Best Buy.

In-store the picture on the 6178 looked much better than the R5067 right next to it. I don't know if the guys at Sound Advice "tweaked" the colors at all on the other sets, but greens and especially skin tones seemed far more natural on the 78. My salesman explained that this was due to the 10000:1 contrast ratio, that not only did that help with blacks, but colors as well.

I was a bit concerned with the upscaling to 1080p on this set, but when asked about how lower formats would look my salesman pretty much danced around the subject. I wasn't too worried. The picture did look better, but after reading the article in Majid's link I'm a bit worried that most of my Comcast programs are gonna look like crapola, especially if the broadcast I viewed at Sound Advice was 1080i.

FYI, you said that many xx78 owners were pleased with the results. Did any mention how the set handled 720p or non-upscaled DVD?

I guess I'm set for the future, but was wondering if I'm going to be disappointed with the majority of present material. I really can't justify purchasing a 720p/1080i DVD player when HD-DVD seems to be just around the corner.

I dunno, Sound Advice has a really good return policy and there'd be no problem returning the 6178, but they don't carry the 6167. Heck, this is my first HDTV(been waitin 3 years, lol). I don't even no what a "good" 720p/480p/analog picture should look like.

Anybody got a xx78 or xx68 yet?

-Fishy

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 230
Responded in the other thread.

Username: Still_thinking

FYI

I know this is a little off from the subject matter of this post, but I know you have suggested Digital 1234 in the past. I was wondering if you or anyone else knew what happened to their Samsung product line. Their website no longer has them available.

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 243
I am only speculating.

Production issues with the HLP5063 last year may have soured them to Samsung. Folks who got a troubled one would force a return through their credit card company rather than allowing Samsung warranty service to correct the simple glitches. This caused a flood of unprofitable "Refurbs" to hit the market.

They did have the best pricing, hands down.
Those who got a refurb got a hell of a good deal.

Username: Wolfpackron

Still Thinking,
I also wondered about Digital 1234 and Samsungs. I sent them an email and have not received a reply. I have been watching the prices of the Samsung HL-R5667W and Digital 1234 disappeared. OK, there is an opening for this guy, what's his name, Tom Bong. He is every where you don't want him to be. WolfpackRon.

Username: Still_thinking

Ronald:

I received a message from Digital 1234 and they claimed they are no longer carrying the Samsung Models.

Username: Wolfpackron

Winston-Salem, NC

Still Thinking,
Thanks for the update, I guess I will stalk some other web site. WolfpackRon.

Unregistered guest
YES, got my HL-R6168 today. Awesome, awesome, awesome. NO, the lamp is defective and thTV only works for a little while before shutting down. The worst part is they will exchange ASAP but because of Katrina next shipment won't be here for a week.
ARGH!!!
Oh well, could be worse. I was able to purchase it for $3,200. Don't ask me where, I have family high up at Tweeters.

Bronze Member
Username: Mystro

Post Number: 45
I read the 1080p warning from HTTVexperthttp://www.hdtvexpert.com/pages/reality.htm. All I can say is, seeing the HLR5668w and the HLR5678w(picture quality are identical). The warning is full of crappola. The Samsung 1080p is by far, the best looking picture I have ever seen. PERIOD!
It is THE HD-tv. Just because everthing is brodcast in 720 or 1080i right now doesnt mean 1080p wont happen. Of course it will happen. It will be the Holy-grail brodcast format in the future. But for now the 1080p is not the tipical baby steps HD-tv's have taken over the last 5 years. It is a giant leap above everthing else. It sounds like the author of the warning has a 720 format and is pissed there was a significant improvment made.

Caughill
Unregistered guest
I've owned a 5067 for about a month now and I'm going a little crazy.

The people in the foregrounds of scenes look phenomenal from almost any source, BUT the backgrounds around the people often look "noisey" no matter what the source. This happens in light colored backgrounds. It never happens in dark backgounds. It almost looks like the pixels are dancing or shivering.

This is as seen from a normal viewing distance of around 12/14 feet.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 351
If the image is not the focus point of the scene some strange things can appear. I've seen little colored squares appear. I've seen the noisy look that you speak of too. Seems to be a little different with different sources. I would think that something was amiss, but I've seen nature scenes where large outdoor areas are the focus point and it looks incredibly clear and detailed.

My 67 still knocks my socks off with fantastic HD images.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us