Need help recording on vhs when not home...please help

Username: Penni_h

Post Number: 1
I have a toshiba vcr W528 and i need to know how to program it to record when i'm not at home. what channel does the vcr need to be on? what channel does the tv need to be on? do i turn the vcr off after programming? do i keep the tv on after programming? i need to know everything. start to finish. i'm confused. i need to know asap. someone help me please. it's very important. thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1052
What are you recording from? What you do with the TV is irrelevant to the VCR.

Username: Penni_h

Post Number: 2
recording from the tv to the vcr. i want to record some shows that i like so i can watch them when i get home from work.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 631
Why record from the tv? Simply split and hook up the cable to your vcr and record directly therefrom. Do you not have the manual for programming the vcr?

ken345
Unregistered guest
what if you have regular cable can you do that ? How? if not how can i record from reg cable cause the way I hooked it up does not work

Gold Member

Post Number: 1100
Connect the cable to the in on the VCR and the out to the TV. Then go into the VCR setup menu and set the antenna/cable to cable, then autoprogram the channels.

Unregistered guest
i have a vextra vx-904 vcr and im trying to set the timer to record shows while im at work...i have the times programmed but that damn thing refuses to record...ive tried everything i can think of and i know this cant be too difficult but its frustrating the hell out of me...ive even tried programming it to record while im sitting here..with tv off and on...nothing works..if anyone could help me i would appreciate it very very much!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1688
The VCR needs to be off to timer record. If you've got it off and it's not recording, you need to activate the timer. Some VCRs automatically activate the timer when turned off, some don't.

Unregistered guest
i tried setting the timer and turning the vcr off to no avail..the manual for my vcr is long gone and i dont know how i would go about activating the timer...the remote for my vcr has two buttons that need to be pressed when trying to record normally..one labeled rec and the other labeled otr...someone had mentioned to me that i have to press the otr to activate the timer but it does nothing

Gold Member

Post Number: 1701
Try holding the power button for 5 seconds or so when you turn it off. When it activates you should see some sort of light on the display.

joleen
Unregistered guest
oh my god!!! thank you!!!...ive had the vcr for 6 years...its old but it works...ive never been able to get it to work before, thank you = )

Unregistered guest
Please give me timer recording instructions for a broksonic tv/vcr model # CTSGT-8118 CTTC. I don't have the manual and can't get it to work. Thanks

Username: Princess101

Post Number: 1
I have an Emerson VCR and I know how to program and everything. The only problem is I left my VCR on to record one of my programs at a certain time well when I got home I noticed that it started recording way earlier than I programmed it for. Does it sound like I did something wrong? What do I need to do? Please help me as soon as possible.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1796
It was probably the time change. Set the clock to the right time.

Username: Princess101

Post Number: 6
Its not that because this was before the time change. I think it might have to do with the OTR(one touch record button) because i never bothered with that every time i record.

sonia
Unregistered guest
how do i record tv to my vcr with an Emerson V404 vcr i tried setting up the timer but it doesnt work or i may be doing somethign wrong so please give me some instructions on to howi can be able to do that.
asap
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us