Local HDTV

Username: Souper

Post Number: 4
how big of an antenna do you need to get local HDTV stations. how can you tell that you have the best quality for locals?

Anonymous

It depends on your location relative to the TV towers. If you have a direct line-of-sight, you may get by with an indoor antenna.
HD signal is a funny thing. It is either all or nothing. If the signal is weak, you will have no picture at all (or a lot of square blocks) and, depends on your TV, a message telling you that the signal is weak.

Username: Souper

Post Number: 5
thanks

johnm
Unregistered guest
If you want to know who bradcasts HD signal in your area, go to www.iwantmyhdtv.com and punch in your zipcode.

randym
Unregistered guest
having troble withhd working with vcr?

Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 2
Antennaweb.org also provides a list of stations in your area, their distance, the channel, and whether it is a Digital/HD or SD signal that is being broadcast. Just click on the "choose an antenna" button, then enter your zip code; the list of stations comes up.

Also, I've heard a lot of awesome reviews about the "Silver Sensor" indoor HDTV antenna. Something so light and toy-like seems to be a joke, but not so! If your TV has an HD tuner built in, you're ready to go. Otherwise, you'll need an HD receiver with 'antenna in' to receive and decode the HD signal for your tv.

hdtv_newbie
Unregistered guest
i just purchased an antenna xg42 from antennadirect.com. i followed the direction given to me by antennaweb.org. I got hd reception from cbs/ nbc and abc.. how come i can't get a reception for fox and wb? i live in nyc and both fox and wb are broadcast off the empire state building as with the other. please help.

Bigfox
Unregistered guest
Just bought Terk TV38 with a Pink region. Anyone has experience with this one? Or any other suggestion on HDTV antenna. I plan to install it in the attic.

please advise. Thanks Bigfox

RuralChuck
Unregistered guest
Bigfox - Did the attic installation work for the Terk TV38 antenna? I'm considering doing the same thing in a violet zone...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us