Issue with APEX 65" HD Video "Mode"...

Username: New_guy

Post Number: 1
I purchased the APEX GB65HD09W 65" HD TV a few months ago and, for the most part, it seems to be working okay.

However, I am experiencing an "issue" with the video source mode. Tell me if this makes any sense at all...

I have the TV hooked up to my digital cable box via the YPbPr1 inputs. I also have to cable remote programmed to turn on and off the TV and cable box seperately, as well as to perform the other basic functions...

However, when you turn the TV on it automatically starts in the "mono" mode (a blue screen), and you have to hit the "video" button (on the TV's remote) 7 times to "toggle" from (MONO) to (AV1) to (SVHS1) to (AV2) to (SVHS2) to (FAV) to (FSVHS) to (YPbPr1) source mode.

That's right, you have to hit the button 7 TIMES to finally get to the correct YPbPr1 mode for HD.

Then, when you turn off the TV it resets itself back to the factory default ("mono" mode), and you have to do this EVERY TIME you turn on the TV...

This is a mojor pain in the a$$, especially when you have to pull out the TV's remote to do this, and then go back to the cable remote for all the other channel-changing functions...

I couldn't believe this was correct, so I called the APEX support line. Well, guess what? They said that is how the TV works and there is no way to change it... They said the "default" cannot be changed.

I know APEX is a "discount" brand, but you have got to be kidding me !!!

I have never heard of a TV operating like this and was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this with their APEX -- or any other brand for that matter.

Also, does anyone know of any "fix" to get around this issue?

I can always leave the TV turned "on" all the time and just turn off the cable box, which results in the TV displaying a "blue screen" all the time, but it doesn't seem like that's very good for the TV.

Your input is greatly appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us